Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 10-13-2020, 05:52 PM   #1
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Drives: 2020 red hot 1SS 1LE
New 1LE doesn’t seem to pull hard in 1st or 2nd.

I’m coming from a 15 1LE that had the Z28 intake, headers and a tune. That car pulled well in first and second. Third was ok as well. I took the 2020 1LE with 700 miles out today for some fun. First an second the car seems like it’s holding back. Third is better for some reason. It was in sport suspension with track exhaust and touring steering. The variable timing seems to have an effect like the car is pulling well but more throttle doesn’t equal more. It’s like the rest of the throttle is dead. Now, to be fair I didn’t do any 0-60 runs and I haven’t run it down the strip yet.
Weather was almost 80 and it has always had 93oct. Just seems like it’s holding back. Anyone else ever experience this?
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 05:54 PM   #2
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
get a tune itll wake it up...
Old 10-13-2020, 05:59 PM   #3
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
get a tune itll wake it up...
Not voiding the warranty yet. Lol
Old 10-13-2020, 06:09 PM   #4
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
tcs off? even when stock, mine snapped pretty hard in 1st and 2nd
Old 10-13-2020, 06:26 PM   #5
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

I did turn the traction control off. I will play around a bit more and get a few 0-60 times and see.
Old 10-13-2020, 06:29 PM   #6
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomcustom View Post
Not voiding the warranty yet. Lol

yet? lol what you waiting for!
Old 10-13-2020, 06:39 PM   #7
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
yet? lol what you waiting for!
My car falls right in the middle of the valve spring TSB. Lol
In all honesty though, it would be a few years before I even consider voiding it.
Old 10-13-2020, 07:00 PM   #8
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
My car falls right in the middle of the valve spring TSB. Lol
In all honesty though, it would be a few years before I even consider voiding it.
I put the LT2 manifold and 95Mm last week and 1st and 2nd gears are very snappy. It seemed to wake up the engine even more then I thought it would. Dyno soon to see the numbers.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 07:10 PM   #9
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Just ran errand in mine. Doing a sketch aggressive merging maneuver, I lost traction in 1st and 2nd. 100f outside temp.
Ps— rear seat was down. Yesssss.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 07:36 PM   #10
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
I'd take it to a local test & tune to get some ET and trap speed #s on it or use the built in timers to get an idea if it's in a normal range.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 07:48 PM   #11
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
I'd take it to a local test & tune to get some ET and trap speed #s on it or use the built in timers to get an idea if it's in a normal range.
Will do.
Old 10-13-2020, 09:08 PM   #12
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Couple things here.

Mine seemed to be kind of doggish until I got some miles on it then it seemed to pull better.

Another thing, I noticed in "sport" the throttle is very responsive at the beginning of the travel, but as you press further down you get less response. You get more power as you go, but it is less of an effect.

This is a function of the throttle mapping in "tour" and "sport" being exaggerated right off idle, versus any of the "track" modes which are more linear throughout the pedal travel.
Old 10-13-2020, 09:41 PM   #13
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
Couple things here.

Mine seemed to be kind of doggish until I got some miles on it then it seemed to pull better.

Another thing, I noticed in "sport" the throttle is very responsive at the beginning of the travel, but as you press further down you get less response. You get more power as you go, but it is less of an effect.

This is a function of the throttle mapping in "tour" and "sport" being exaggerated right off idle, versus any of the "track" modes which are more linear throughout the pedal travel.
Thanks for the great response. I will try it in track. I am going to the local 1/8th mile track on Saturday.
Old 10-13-2020, 11:18 PM   #14
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
I’m coming from a 15 1LE that had the Z28 intake, headers and a tune. That car pulled well in first and second. Third was ok as well. I took the 2020 1LE with 700 miles out today for some fun. First an second the car seems like it’s holding back. Third is better for some reason. It was in sport suspension with track exhaust and touring steering. The variable timing seems to have an effect like the car is pulling well but more throttle doesn’t equal more. It’s like the rest of the throttle is dead. Now, to be fair I didn’t do any 0-60 runs and I haven’t run it down the strip yet.
Weather was almost 80 and it has always had 93oct. Just seems like it’s holding back. Anyone else ever experience this?
This is the problem. Track unlocks more power/less nannies. The modes controlled by the rocker are not just suspension, it's suspension, steering, throttle, etc. Sport and double-clicking the traction control turns everything off. It will go just fine then. PTM modes in Track by double-clicking again progressively unlock more power up to Race. When the nannies are off, it pulls HARD, you'll spin wheels on some surfaces and in some situations and have to watch that you don't go full-mustang. Exhaust doesn't matter much, as long as it's not in stealth mode. Also, even though it makes good torque down low, your still going to go faster with the RPM higher, so don't short shift when you are trying to go fast. The problem with this is that things get illegal very fast, but hey, that's a good problem to have.

This car does hide it's speed to some extent IMO. I had no complaints going between modes, but staying out of PTM, before I started doing some track events. Best advice I got was "turn everything off", which with our cars means either turn everything off, or to go the high end of the PTM modes, like Sport 2 or Race when you are comfortable. The car is pretty neutral and easy to handle, so it's not as daunting IMO as it sounds. But boy, when I did that, and I started jabbing full throttle on a course, I was saying "holy ****!, this thing moves!", quite surprised by the acceleration that it could muster.

For quick thrills, keep the suspension in Sport (sometimes track is just a little too harsh for the road surface and what might be encountered), do the double-traction-control click to turn everything off, and practice using launch control. It's actually really easy and there isn't much to learn, since it launches the car, but it's fun to do and be able to keep the throttle planted. It's going to control wheel-slip and help you stay in a straight line, once you get moving, the car will be providing full power due to the mode it's in with everything disabled. That's probably the best way to judge whether it's lagging.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD

Last edited by JamesNoBrakes; 10-13-2020 at 11:29 PM.
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote