Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-12-2020, 04:22 PM   #71
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
cause they ugly? lol so how many people have changed out the front bar out to the 2020 look?
Old 10-13-2020, 10:39 AM   #72
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Agreed. Not to mention non-1LE owners who put 1LE styled wheels on their cars are posers. I see this often here where I live. It's kind of like throwing some snake badges at a Mustang GT. They cry about the $ of the 1LE package, but then spend about half the cost of the 1LE package to try and achieve the look of the 1LE with some cast replica wheels, and they're still missing the spoiler/splitter/Recaros/eLSD/MRC/ZL1 fuel pump/6 piston Brembos with the 2 piece rotors/swaybars/rapped hood and mirrors/etc. Many of these things can be optioned on a base SS but then you may as well just check the 1LE option. Maybe if Chevy tried to give the regular SS some better (and more specific to that model) looking wheels and some unique body panels then Camaro sells would be in better shape. But who knows they kind of did that with the 2019+ models and it's not working. Still why should 16-18 SS guys have to put up with their factory wheels and aero pieces being the same as the I4/V6 cars.
I kind of feel the same way about 1le clones. Though I suspect a lot of them were guys that can't/won't drive manual but wanted a "1le" looking car, which is kind of more of a poser look imo lol. Can't blame them though, 1le wheels are the best. They didn't have the option 2021 guys have.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 10:45 AM   #73
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devius83 View Post
Each to their own...the 2016 front end is hideous to my eyes! Never mind the TC and tranny issues along with them...not a good year really...upper grill is too skinny and narrow...how is the air getting in there?
I dont really like the hood vents either, not very nice to look at and not obvious enough for my taste, couple of slits in the hood as I see it
The 2019 hood vents look great and adds downforce to the front end as well
The front end is designed for optimal air flow hence the flowtie, there are five rads up front on my 1le which need lots of airflowing around them...in person side by side the 2019 is a much more beautiful design, in my opinion
I owned the 2010 and waited for the 2016 model to pass before I upgraded to the 1le, no regrets at all...tons of compliments all over Vancouver
To each their own and the 19 1le's in the right color can look good, however being that GM changed the look after one model year I would say the proof is in the pudding, the general consensus is that the 19s are the hideous ones.

If we're talking about 1le's the TC and tranny issues weren't an issue.

"How is it getting air in there?" lol Just fine, never heard of one over heating and the zl1 upper grill is the same size as the 16-18 and they get air just fine as well.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 12:42 PM   #74
Thill444

Drives: 2020 SS1LE Shadow Gray Metallic
Man, I just don't see any SS1LE's where I live, no matter the year. I have mostly seen V6/4cylinder models and the occasional SS. I have seen two ZLE's ironically, but not a single SS1LE. Pretty rare here in New England.
Thill444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 01:57 PM   #75
funked1

Drives: '23 Hyundai Kona N, '24 VW GTI
We out here!
Attached Images

funked1 is offline   Reply With Quote