Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-04-2019, 08:37 PM   #15
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomorro View Post
I just didnt want them telling me could be this but wont know until we install it kind of thing.

I'm almost tempted to pick it up from the mechanic buy a lifetime tune from the Steve user and use the scanner to read and clear the codes. Hopefully the tuner scanner is more precise then auto zone. Use the money saved to start diagnosing things and buying sensors.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
autozone code readers are not the best...so ya can't just turn off the stabiltrack?
if you are good at your own work it may be worth it to get a alldata subscription or spend big bucks on a dealer service manual.....i would try alldata first
http://www.alldatadiy.com/?utm_sourc...kaAi94EALw_wcB
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 10:11 PM   #16
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
I don't think Autozone does the check engine scans anymore. These modern cars have a ton of sensors and crap. No matter what though, it always comes down to three things.... fuel, spark and compression.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 10:27 PM   #17
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Do you have anything in California where if you buy a vehicle and want to return it you have a certain amount of time to cancel the contract. Check the fine print...........

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 10:56 PM   #18
Chomorro

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
Do you have anything in California where if you buy a vehicle and want to return it you have a certain amount of time to cancel the contract. Check the fine print...........
Yes but that's only new purchase or from a franchise dealer. Not private party, those are as is.

One mechanic said I need to take it back to the dealer who did the pre purchase inspection because they didnt check the ECU for codes

Chomorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 09:56 AM   #19
wasthatacop?

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Curious when you blew your motor did the stabilitrak light stay on or go off every time you started it and came back after a fee minutes?

Yes, the Stabilitrack light would go off, but then return minutes later. I plugged in my diagnostics tool, but some random incorrect code came up. Engine would still run, but with a loud ticking. When I blew up the engine I was able to limp home going 18 mph.
ZL1 factory rims
misc: drilled and slotted rotors, fresh air brake cooling system, new speakers, installed reverse camera, muffler delete
wasthatacop? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 12:04 PM   #20
Chomorro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasthatacop? View Post
Yes, the Stabilitrack light would go off, but then return minutes later. I plugged in my diagnostics tool, but some random incorrect code came up. Engine would still run, but with a loud ticking. When I blew up the engine I was able to limp home going 18 mph.
Did you ever find out what failed sensor caused the failure or was it just old age?

Old 11-05-2019, 12:07 PM   #21
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
I know it's a bit of a drive, but if the shop you took it to jerks you around, maybe take it to that place Spec took his car?

Connie and Dick's I think it was called. Sounds like a restaurant.lol! " It seems he was happy with their work on the vibration problem he had. Just a suggestion.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 01:20 PM   #22
Chomorro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
I know it's a bit of a drive, but if the shop you took it to jerks you around, maybe take it to that place Spec took his car?

Connie and Dick's I think it was called. Sounds like a restaurant.lol! " It seems he was happy with their work on the vibration problem he had. Just a suggestion.
I just googled it not on the work computer because Connie and Dicks might bring something else up lol. It's not too far from me actually. If this doesn't work out I will give them a call.

I called the shop it's at right now to tell them I'm going to pick it up at lunch to get it looked at sooner and they said they will look at it first thing tomorrow instead of next Monday now......

So now I will wait and see what they say.

Old 11-07-2019, 08:52 AM   #23
wasthatacop?

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Did you ever find out what failed sensor caused the failure or was it just old age?

Old age. I am the 3rd owner and I suspect that the previous owners drove it hard, and may not have been good with oil changes, and monitoring oil levels.
ZL1 factory rims
misc: drilled and slotted rotors, fresh air brake cooling system, new speakers, installed reverse camera, muffler delete
wasthatacop? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 06:13 PM   #24
Chomorro

Got an update from the shop.

They think the after market viper alarm was tapped into the throttle wire which is causing the issue....... hes going to take it off and see if that fixes it but its tapped into 3 different areas so he may have to pull the dash. Over 49% throttle is what's tripping the ecu and throwing the reduced power. I dont want to lose my remote lock and unlock though.

Well I'm happy I didnt try to figure it out myself. Wouldnt have found that problem. Hopefully that's the issues and I can drive my car finally I just bought!

Old 11-07-2019, 06:35 PM   #25
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Got an update from the shop.

They think the after market viper alarm was tapped into the throttle wire which is causing the issue....... hes going to take it off and see if that fixes it but its tapped into 3 different areas so he may have to pull the dash. Over 49% throttle is what's tripping the ecu and throwing the reduced power. I dont want to lose my remote lock and unlock though.

Well I'm happy I didnt try to figure it out myself. Wouldnt have found that problem. Hopefully that's the issues and I can drive my car finally I just bought!

Was this from Connie's and Dick's?
Do you have pics of Connie? Assuming it is not a nickname of Constantine.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 07:03 PM   #26
Chomorro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
Was this from Connie's and Dick's?
Do you have pics of Connie? Assuming it is not a nickname of Constantine.
No this is from Top Flight Corvette. They started to look at it when I said I was going to pick it up. Googled popular chevy mechanics and they came up.

They seem expensive though and havent told me how much this fix is going to cost me yet so I'm a little worried.

Old 11-07-2019, 07:29 PM   #27
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
If still no good after you get it back, take it to Connie and Dick's. These guys are legit.

Mikeman is right, very happy with how my car turned out after my issue with the lower control arm bushings. Car feels like new. Stiff and solid again. Amazing what fixing a small issue can do to your car.

Took it to 3 shops before C&D, including Riverside Chevy, and they couldn't figure the issue out. Had I a bit more time to dive into it, I WOULD HAVE FIGURED IT OUT!!! It was that obvious... all you had to do is get the wheels off the floor, shake them, and anyone would find it... ugh!!

Anyway, my frustration aside with the others, we have a winner. They found other issues with my car that I didn't even know were there... and I consider myself middle-of-the-road when it comes to servicing and fixing my car...

Good luck OP. Monday would have been ridiculous! I got mine back with the main issue, and several other issues fixed within 36hrs.

Call them to make an appointment... they actually kept the appointment lol

JLSuperfly, pic here lol;

http://connieanddicks.com/
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 07:38 PM   #28
Chomorro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
If still no good after you get it back, take it to Connie and Dick's. These guys are legit.

Mikeman is right, very happy with how my car turned out after my issue with the lower control arm bushings. Car feels like new. Stiff and solid again. Amazing what fixing a small issue can do to your car.

Took it to 3 shops before C&D, including Riverside Chevy, and they couldn't figure the issue out. Had I a bit more time to dive into it, I WOULD HAVE FIGURED IT OUT!!! It was that obvious... all you had to do is get the wheels off the floor, shake them, and anyone would find it... ugh!!

Anyway, my frustration aside with the others, we have a winner. They found other issues with my car that I didn't even know were there... and I consider myself middle-of-the-road when it comes to servicing and fixing my car...

Good luck OP. Monday would have been ridiculous! I got mine back with the main issue, and several other issues fixed within 36hrs.

Call them to make an appointment... they actually kept the appointment lol

JLSuperfly, pic here lol;

http://connieanddicks.com/
Wow now that is a referral! Definitely would have taken it to them if I had known. Of for what ever reason these guys cant figure it out I will be taking it there.

Hmmm maybe I can take it there for plug and fluid changes and have them do a once over on it. I was going to do it myself but they might find other stuff that needs replacing.