Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-10-2020, 06:10 PM   #1
SketchyTone

Drives: Waiting on 2024 A10 ZL1 CE
2018 1SS no NPP but want similar effect.

I currently do not have NPP and from what I've read you can only have the NPP from the factory, dealers cannot install it. I'm looking for a similar method of making the exhaust quieter and being able to sound louder at the click of a button. Was wondering if anyone has accomplished something like this? My big thing is I want a Corsa Exhaust when I go quad tip, however I'm in California and I personally know a few people who have got that 1000$ fix it ticket for their exhaust "loud" exhausts.

I saw that there were QTP Exhaust cutouts but I have no idea how well those work on making the sound lower or if that's even the goal of that exhaust. All help is greatly appreciated and feel free to ask any questions if I'm not clear.
SketchyTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 08:39 AM   #2
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SketchyTone View Post
I currently do not have NPP and from what I've read you can only have the NPP from the factory, dealers cannot install it. I'm looking for a similar method of making the exhaust quieter and being able to sound louder at the click of a button. Was wondering if anyone has accomplished something like this? My big thing is I want a Corsa Exhaust when I go quad tip, however I'm in California and I personally know a few people who have got that 1000$ fix it ticket for their exhaust "loud" exhausts.

I saw that there were QTP Exhaust cutouts but I have no idea how well those work on making the sound lower or if that's even the goal of that exhaust. All help is greatly appreciated and feel free to ask any questions if I'm not clear.
It is true that you cannot install functioning NPP without the functionality from the factory.

Cutouts make the car louder, not more quiet. There is no possible way to make a car more quiet at the push of a button like you mention, you can only approach this in the opposite direction.

Quiet muffler, with Loud cut outs. The muffler has to be the mechanism used to quiet the exhaust in other words.

To clear up what a cut out is. Its a functional valve you can open and close with the push of a button. Usually it is installed after the cats, before the muffler. When it is 'open', the exhaust gas comes right out before the muffler, essentially a straight pipe, and is usually very loud.