Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 07-14-2020, 07:57 PM   #1
814LT4

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Question Front air dam removal (1LE)

Anyone have experience removing these? Specifically the larger exterior piece on the right. The larger middle piece and the two smaller ones attached to that are fine--they haven't fallen off and haven't had any issues with them. The two outer pieces on the left and right of the car, however, I keep having trouble with. The passenger side quite literally just fell off the car the second day I had it. No snapped bolts/screws, no broken plastic. I had the dealership reattach it during my first service. Now, the driver side is having bolts/screws fall out too.

Yes, I drag in some spots. I figure since nothing is actually broke this isn't the culprit and it would be easier to take them off. I was going to use my own fasteners and loctite them but couldn't find an easy way to get to the top of the hole without dropping the bumper.

The ONLY thing I saw in the manual about these was:

"The underbody air deflector tire dam kit provided with ZL1 vehicles reduces the amount of aerodynamic lift on the front axle for better handling. The original tire dams must be reinstalled after the track event. For installation, see the instructions provided with the kit."

However, the image points to the two smaller reflectors in front of the larger ones. So, by my deduction.. it's ok to remove the outer pieces? Or.. remove all of air dams except for the two low profile ones in the image above. Full album. I don't really care about MPG, either, just safety.

Apologies for the rambling.. getting frustrated with the thought of popping a tire.
814LT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 08:47 PM   #2
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
The middle one I took off from day one on my 18 ZLE and 19 ZLE. No issues to report. The outer ones I left on. No data there.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:25 PM   #3
beemer105

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
I believe the outer ones, the furthest forward are for track only use.

I never got them with my car, along with the power steering cooling scoops that started to come with the 2019 cars.

I plan to request these all from the dealer here shortly.
beemer105 is offline   Reply With Quote