Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 03-25-2024, 03:26 AM   #1
wally_bear
RUMBLR1

Drives: 2011 SGM SS
Send a message via Skype™ to wally_bear
Programmer Recommendations

Hi,

I apologize in advance if this question has been asked and answered already. I'm looking for recommendations for a programmer I can use that allows me to view the settings and clear any codes. My use case is quite simple.

Here is the longer version of this story:

In December 2021, I had to return my modified 2011 Camaro SS to stock to pass the new smog laws (I live in California). I had the dealership remove the supercharger, long and short tubes, CAI, and custom tune, and I had to install new cats, etc.

Fast-forward two years, and my car needs to be smogged again. For some reason, the O2 sensors are not ready. I had the smog shop do their "magic" and run the car through the special sequence, even having it on the dyno, but no luck. I replaced the O2 sensors, but no luck. I replaced the mass air flow sensor, but still no luck. The GM service department is stomped, and they even contacted the techs at GM for help.

At this point, I'm about ready to take it to the referee, but part of my challenge is that every so often, I get a Stabilitrak error that is not reproducible. The folks at the smog shop said that if there are any codes, the referee will automatically deny but not sure how true that is. We've never been able to figure out which cylinders are causing the misfiring (Stabilitrak code), so the programmer is to clear the Stabilitrak codes so I can prepare to take it to the referee.

Has anyone ever experienced this type of issue and/or have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot? My apologies if this is the wrong forum.

Regards,

W
wally_bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 06:44 AM   #2
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
I think any auto store can plug in to your OBDII to view and clear codes and some usually has tool rental with return of your money when you return the tool. Be ready to write the codes down before the guy erases them.
BTW. I hear Casa Azteca down on Abel is still there. It used to be pretty good eats. Lived there from 1970-1984 and intermittently until 2000.
Not sure why Stabilitrak would have anything to do with misfires. Sorry can't help much there.
FasNuf is offline   Reply With Quote