Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 03-12-2024, 03:31 PM   #1
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Auto shutdown?

Fired up the in-storage SS yesterday (had to jump it since I haven't run it all winter, didn't have it on a charger and forgot to put it in transpo mode). I was letting it run awhile to charge the battery and went inside. Went out a few times and it was still running, until about 45 minutes to maybe an hour after last doing anything with the go pedal, and it had shut itself off! All systems shut off just as if turning it off normally. I did have the keyfob in my pocket so it wasn't in the car while running. It started right up again with no codes and no issues. Wondering if there's some sort of auto-shutdown function programmed in that shuts if off after xx time with no actions by a driver? Couldn't find anything in the manual.
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 03:56 PM   #2
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
I know it's mentioned in my 2023 owner's manual. The car will shut off after 30 minutes of idle runtime if you leave the key in it. 15 minutes without the key.

Idling isn't a great way to charge the battery....I'd recommend you buy a charger/maintainer at least 4-5amp and charge till full and keep it on while the car is in storage if at all possible.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 04:07 PM   #3
GXP08jrf

Drives: 2016 1LT 'Vert
Most likely. I never tried it but I though it was 10-15 minutes. The delay time may vary over products and model years....

I also thought a lot of vehicle imputs would "reset" the counter, like opening a door or tapping the brake pedal, but I could be thinking of RAP.

Back when Volt was around, GM had incidents of people parking their Volt in a garage and leaving with out turning it off. When the battery became depleted, the ICE generator would start, and run the vehicle out of gas too, with all of that exhaust holed up in the garage. So gm implemented an off-timer that will turn the Volt off after a certain amount of time in PARK with no other input. They carried over the functionality to ICE vehicles.

I think the work around is to put it in "N" with the park brake set for automatics. Not sure for manuals...
GXP08jrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 12:33 AM   #4
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
You need a trickle charger.

As for a idle shutoff, yes they will shut themselves off if they are left in park and idling without moving. My SS shuts itself off aftrr about 30 minutes of idle time in park.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 08:17 AM   #5
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP2SS View Post
Fired up the in-storage SS yesterday (had to jump it since I haven't run it all winter, didn't have it on a charger and forgot to put it in transpo mode). I was letting it run awhile to charge the battery and went inside. Went out a few times and it was still running, until about 45 minutes to maybe an hour after last doing anything with the go pedal, and it had shut itself off! All systems shut off just as if turning it off normally. I did have the keyfob in my pocket so it wasn't in the car while running. It started right up again with no codes and no issues. Wondering if there's some sort of auto-shutdown function programmed in that shuts if off after xx time with no actions by a driver? Couldn't find anything in the manual.
If you used remote start, after about 10-15 minutes the car will shut off. That is normal.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is online now   Reply With Quote