Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 05-24-2021, 11:06 PM   #1
KenBaker

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
How much do HP Tuners Tunes cost?

I have a 2010 Camaro SS that has a fairly large Cam. It was installed before I purchased the vehicle, and the car was tuned (before I purchased it) and runs really well. I just added a Torqstorm Supercharger and a 3 Bar Sensor and need a tune. I cannot afford a Dyno Tune at this time. I would like to get a Safe Tune for a few months before I get the Dyno Tune. I have HP Tuners and have licensed the vehicle. I can E-Mail it to someone and then have them E-Mail it back. I just have no idea on the cost. How much does is actually better English. My Intro makes me sound like a hick

Last edited by KenBaker; 05-25-2021 at 01:07 AM.
KenBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 07:26 AM   #2
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Here are Pat G's prices:
https://www.patgtuning.com/products/...ning-c26833870

I have been very happy with his services.
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 07:33 AM   #3
Tommy434

Drives: 2014 SS 2010 SS 93 Camaro z28
I used PCN of NC for my base tune it was 300.00 I have a pretty complicated set up that no other tuners on here would even try to write a tune for it. They did it in 1.5 days and it was damn near perfect and they said send them a couple logs and they would fine tune it for me. I can’t say enough good things about them.I did the whole thing through email. Good luck
Tommy434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 03:21 PM   #4
gunchamp

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenBaker View Post
I have a 2010 Camaro SS that has a fairly large Cam. It was installed before I purchased the vehicle, and the car was tuned (before I purchased it) and runs really well. I just added a Torqstorm Supercharger and a 3 Bar Sensor and need a tune. I cannot afford a Dyno Tune at this time. I would like to get a Safe Tune for a few months before I get the Dyno Tune. I have HP Tuners and have licensed the vehicle. I can E-Mail it to someone and then have them E-Mail it back. I just have no idea on the cost. How much does is actually better English. My Intro makes me sound like a hick
Most tuners will not remote tune forced induction so keep that in mind. I'm fresh off a Jannetty remote tune and I couldnt be happier. Give them a call
15 Camaro SS- GPI max top end, ESS Vortech V3 9psi, ID 1050s, ZL1 pump, JMS bap, Long tubes, Corsa extreme, Circle D pro 5C, 391 rear, DSS carbon drive shaft, poly cradle bushings, tuned by Ted Jannetty and much much more
gunchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 10:56 PM   #5
KenBaker

Thank you all for the replies. I am trying to take two vehicles to the DuQuoin Street Machine Nationals and they are killing me financially. They both need things before I go and its a week and a half from now. I just want to drive it there and obviously don't want to damage it
Old 05-26-2021, 10:12 AM   #6
gunchamp

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenBaker View Post
Thank you all for the replies. I am trying to take two vehicles to the DuQuoin Street Machine Nationals and they are killing me financially. They both need things before I go and its a week and a half from now. I just want to drive it there and obviously don't want to damage it
You need to be tuned before you drive. Different map sensor is an issue. Obviously boost would destroy your motor without a tune
15 Camaro SS- GPI max top end, ESS Vortech V3 9psi, ID 1050s, ZL1 pump, JMS bap, Long tubes, Corsa extreme, Circle D pro 5C, 391 rear, DSS carbon drive shaft, poly cradle bushings, tuned by Ted Jannetty and much much more
gunchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 07:43 PM   #7
KenBaker

Thanks for not assuming I already know this. I was fully aware of this. I am not firing it until the tune is in place

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunchamp View Post
You need to be tuned before you drive. Different map sensor is an issue. Obviously boost would destroy your motor without a tune
Old 06-02-2021, 11:59 AM   #8
eLeSthree

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6sp
To answer your question, $500-$700.

If I was a tuner, I might actually charge less to dyno tune it, since they wont have to walk you through the datalogging process and all the other BS that goes along with it.

I will also recommend Ted Jannetty. The tuning process can take quite a bit of time and effort remotely. You will need to warm the vehicle up to temp for each tune revision, and find a nice tuning road where you can safely go WOT and watch the AFR. Then you need to email that log back and forth. It takes time, and I can see why they charge what they do.

Hell, I think I have about 12 revisions from Ted, just on my current setup. Closer to 27 revisions over all. (different motors and blowers).

My advice would be not to get cheap now.

2010 CTS-V A6 - "Stock" SOLD
630whp 658wtq

2024 F-150 RCSB 5.0 4x4
waiting for tunes...
eLeSthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 07:39 PM   #9
havelegs

Drives: '23 LT1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver14 View Post
Here are Pat G's prices:

I had him tune mine in person. I think he really didn't care and just did a basic tune and sending me on my way. I had some issues and concerns after the tune which he did not care about. Wouldn't recommend him at all after that.
Old 06-03-2021, 07:16 AM   #10
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by havelegs View Post
I had him tune mine in person. I think he really didn't care and just did a basic tune and sending me on my way. I had some issues and concerns after the tune which he did not care about. Wouldn't recommend him at all after that.

That stinks, thanks for sharing your feedback! I'm surprised to hear that, I have no complaints but every customer experience is different.
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 05:12 PM   #11
Ck1984

Drives: 2015 camaro LFX V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver14 View Post
Here are Pat G's prices:

are these prices for canned tunes you burn to your pcm yourself with just HpTuners or any home user tuning software?

my tuning experience is limited to old diablo predator for my 2006 F150 or the OBD2 tuner i used with PcmHammer and Tunerpro on my LS swap in 2020
Aftermarket Oval mufflers
Ck1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 08:55 AM   #12
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by eLeSthree View Post
To answer your question, $500-$700.

If I was a tuner, I might actually charge less to dyno tune it, since they wont have to walk you through the datalogging process and all the other BS that goes along with it.

I will also recommend Ted Jannetty. The tuning process can take quite a bit of time and effort remotely. You will need to warm the vehicle up to temp for each tune revision, and find a nice tuning road where you can safely go WOT and watch the AFR. Then you need to email that log back and forth. It takes time, and I can see why they charge what they do.

Hell, I think I have about 12 revisions from Ted, just on my current setup. Closer to 27 revisions over all. (different motors and blowers).

My advice would be not to get cheap now.
Thank you for the recommendation.

I hope all is well.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote