Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-02-2017, 04:30 PM   #1
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
Availability?

I posted this for Becky, but I know she's out racing and having a great time. I wanted to get other's opinions here. I have a 16 1SS that I'm intending to trade on a 17 ZL-1. Only one local dealer out of 6 polled said that had an allocation. See below:

My dealer just now told me that "There is a national constraint on all ZL 1 Camaro's," and "Our order is in the order bank and has been placed but no matter where you order your new ZL 1 they are not being built yet for the new model year. As soon as they start production our order will be accepted." Is there any truth to this "constraint" statement? I know the part about not being in production yet is obviously bogus.

I suddenly have a feeling that they might not have actually had an allocation when they told me that they did...

Thanks,

Tara

Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 04:41 PM   #2
Evolvedx27

Drives: 2017 ZL1
time for a mini vacation out of state!
Evolvedx27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 04:42 PM   #3
Evolvedx27

Drives: 2017 ZL1
i forgot what town in texas but theirs a black one with carbon hood only at a good price i almost grabbed that one.
Evolvedx27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 05:11 PM   #4
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
I just got a notice the ZL1 1LE available summer 17.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:12 PM   #5
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Martin View Post
I posted this for Becky, but I know she's out racing and having a great time. I wanted to get other's opinions here. I have a 16 1SS that I'm intending to trade on a 17 ZL-1. Only one local dealer out of 6 polled said that had an allocation. See below:

My dealer just now told me that "There is a national constraint on all ZL 1 Camaro's," and "Our order is in the order bank and has been placed but no matter where you order your new ZL 1 they are not being built yet for the new model year. As soon as they start production our order will be accepted." Is there any truth to this "constraint" statement? I know the part about not being in production yet is obviously bogus.

I suddenly have a feeling that they might not have actually had an allocation when they told me that they did...

Thanks,

Tara
According to a local dealer, last Thursday was the last opportunity for dealers to receive an allocation for the model year if they were so entitled. There will be no more for the year until the submission process for the '18 opens.

I believe there are two more production batch rotations if I am not mistaken based on all the TPW discussions taking place. So you'll still be able to find some new ones on dealer lots that hadn't already been claimed.
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 05:33 PM   #6
SoCal Racer

Drives: C4,C6 Z06,Silverado,'17 Red Hot ZL1
Around here in SoCal, it appears all allocations are gone for the 50th anniversary year 2017, but there appear to be a few on dealer lots waiting for a new owner...but they are there because they are marked up in price :(

2018 might be the way to go...
SoCal Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 06:48 PM   #7
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
According to a local dealer, last Thursday was the last opportunity for dealers to receive an allocation for the model year if they were so entitled. There will be no more for the year until the submission process for the '18 opens.

I believe there are two more production batch rotations if I am not mistaken based on all the TPW discussions taking place. So you'll still be able to find some new ones on dealer lots that hadn't already been claimed.
So, they might not have had an allocation when they told me they did...?

Old 03-02-2017, 08:39 PM   #8
L98 Z28

Drives: 2017 ZL1 6spd Convertible NFG
Have you looked at cars.com? Many ZL1s sitting on lots and available now... if they have what you are looking for.
L98 Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 09:07 PM   #9
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by L98 Z28 View Post
Have you looked at cars.com? Many ZL1s sitting on lots and available now... if they have what you are looking for.
Well, I can try, but my order was very specific. My only option was Hyper Blue Metallic. I bet I won't find one anywhere in stock that simply optioned...

Old 03-02-2017, 09:23 PM   #10
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
So, with the final cycles approaching does anybody have a guess (or better) how many '17 ZL1's are or will be made in total?
Old 03-02-2017, 09:27 PM   #11
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by OminouSS View Post
So, with the final cycles approaching does anybody have a guess (or better) how many '17 ZL1's are or will be made in total?
It was quoted elsewhere an estimated 2000-3000 manuals, but will actually have to wait 7 see.

I'm very curious about the total A10's myself.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 09:27 PM   #12
SoCal Racer

Quote:
Well, I can try, but my order was very specific. My only option was Hyper Blue Metallic. I bet I won't find one anywhere in stock that simply optioned...
Wow...I have not seen a Hyper Blue sitting anywhere...only Black(many), white, Nightfall,....and one yellow for about a week, then gone :(

Most of the ones sitting are dealer ordered, so they are going to have Nav, most have PDR, custom floormats(lol)...hard to find a barebones one in any color if ordered by the dealer.

Autotrader has ones available on showroom floors as well. Good Luck
Old 03-02-2017, 09:30 PM   #13
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Hang in there Tara Martin!

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 09:50 PM   #14
SoCal Racer

Quote:
I found a couple of Hyperblue ZL1s...one a A10...one a 6M...they both have a couple of options, but they are both in your state...plus any discounts you might be able to get may offset some of the options that are installed, but you do not really want....so you can think of those options as free