Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-24-2015, 02:16 AM   #1
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
No Idea on Interior yet?

Have we not seen any hints of the interior yet? I am actually shocked that we have not had any spy shots of the interior yet.

Really curious. Think the new mustang and challenger interior look great. So I really hope the gen6 will as well (I am sure GM will).

Anyone remember the prototype pics of the 5th gen at LAX? ahh the good old times
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 06:19 AM   #2
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
We don't even know with certainty what the outside looks like yet, forget about the interior.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:05 AM   #3
High Magnitude

Drives: 2014 2LT Camaro
Interior is usually stripped down in the mules. Plus it's a lot harder to get a picture of the interior vs exterior.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:26 AM   #4
Thebeezwax

Drives: Has 4 wheels
Interior is my only desire to see on this new gen Camaro
Thebeezwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 10:27 AM   #5
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
I didn't care for the (i don't know what you call them) speed / tach panels in the current, nor the placement of the gauges in front of stick, so I do hope they lay it out better - but it wasn't a major concern.

I'm more interested in how they focus on the technology incorporated inside.

Large Nav screen (8" or 9"?) with available ECU programming
Push Button Start (some don't care for it, but I believe it is a must have these days)
Head Room - If i get one (I keep talking like I will) then I'll likely go without Moon Roof in order to get the space.
Improved HUD
Ensure everything is solid, no rattles.
Maybe some color options inside (red leather?)
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:22 AM   #6
Thebeezwax

Drives: Has 4 wheels
I would imagine that a TFT Display will be used like the new vehicles... I also heard that they Boston Acoustic sounds system is gone and will be replaced my the new Bose system... I'm looking for ventilated seats, dual climate control... no doubt the new MyLink system will be standard on LT and above.
Thebeezwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:59 AM   #7
RobWH

Drives: Silverado
I'd bet on it very much resembling ATS and V series(where upgrades are concerned). Maybe they'll keep the old school idea, but I doubt it and I honestly thought people were really of this mindset already. They've GOT to make it nice, so I think it will be in line w/ those upper end models.
RobWH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 12:16 PM   #8

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I remember at the '14 Refresh, questions were asked to GM Department heads, etc. about what was done and not done for the Refresh....

As I recall, the execs in charge of interior (for lack of a better phrase) were more or less left out and not given a priority for the '14 refresh...

The big interior up-grades in quality, etc. were going to be a reality and given their turn in the barrel for the 6th Gen....

...So I would expect the new interiors to be very much improved and upgraded somehow...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 12:26 PM   #9
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
I didn't care for the (i don't know what you call them) speed / tach panels in the current, nor the placement of the gauges in front of stick, so I do hope they lay it out better - but it wasn't a major concern.

I'm more interested in how they focus on the technology incorporated inside.

Large Nav screen (8" or 9"?) with available ECU programming
Push Button Start (some don't care for it, but I believe it is a must have these days)
Head Room - If i get one (I keep talking like I will) then I'll likely go without Moon Roof in order to get the space.
Improved HUD
Ensure everything is solid, no rattles.
Maybe some color options inside (red leather?)
Right there with you man. Some of the ones I would like to see is a large LCD in the center cluster, Driver mode selection, auto climate control/dual zone, PDR, and that nice locking storage compartment behind the MyLink screen.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 01:25 PM   #10
DenverTaco07

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Right there with you man. Some of the ones I would like to see is a large LCD in the center cluster, Driver mode selection, auto climate control/dual zone, PDR, and that nice locking storage compartment behind the MyLink screen.
Can i get a Wife / Kid mode on the ECU please?

Kid mode (first off he's only two, so no worries yet), but let's say you are a very generous father...LIKE ME, and you let your 18 year old kid drive your ZL1 to Prom. DO you want to give him 650HP...HELL NO!!! Let me dial it down to 325, and govern top speed?

Same for the wife, IN MY case, my wife is a great driver, but she would be extremely nervous driving a ZL1, so maybe i dial it down for her too.

Valet...umm you get 75HP, and top speed of 15MPH.

Is this even possible?
Old 02-24-2015, 01:33 PM   #11
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:

Kid mode (first off he's only two, so no worries yet), but let's say you are a very generous father...LIKE ME, and you let your 18 year old kid drive your ZL1 to Prom. DO you want to give him 650HP...HELL NO!!! Let me dial it down to 325, and govern top speed?

Same for the wife, IN MY case, my wife is a great driver, but she would be extremely nervous driving a ZL1, so maybe i dial it down for her too.

Is this even possible?
325 for the prom? Hell give him 160 lol.

I had valet program with my apr tune on my Jetta. They advised me it was at least a 50% reduction in power.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)

Last edited by SuperSound; 02-24-2015 at 01:44 PM.
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 01:41 PM   #12
DenverTaco07

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
325 for the prom? He'll give him 160 lol.

I had valet program with my apr tune on my Jetta. They advised me it was at least a 50% reduction in power.
325 Still a bunch. I remember back in 94, for Prom I drove a 5.0 stang, and it didn't take much to get the rear end to fly around taking a turn.

yeah...ok, so see, it doesn't sound unreasonable. Not sure how often it would get used, but what a cool gimmick for the sales guys to talk about to get you even more excited about the car.

Oh, and one more add on for technology - the vette's performance data system.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:44 AM   #13
Hockeypucks

Drives: 2014 Corvette
The interior of this car is what will determine what my next car will be. I am looking at a Mustang GT, Focus RS, or the new Camaro. I love the 5th gen Camaro but I just could never live with the interior. Definitely looking forward to the reveal of this car.
Hockeypucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 11:04 AM   #14
Rwarchol

Drives: 2010 1LT SIM A6, 2005 GTO TR A4
Quote:

Is this even possible?
The Hellcats have different HP selection modes.
Rwarchol is offline   Reply With Quote