Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 09-25-2023, 01:59 AM   #1
wastepile

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro SS M6
Tunes

Let's say I have a Dyno done by a professional shop. Now I then get my own handheld device and do a backup. I then make a change, and then at some point reload the origanal back up I saved. Will it still be the same as when I got my original tune from the Dyno or does the hand held device mess up the Dyno settings?
wastepile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 07:27 AM   #2
larry_g

Drives: 2014 1SS/1LE
You probably need to be on the same system as the dyno shop. For example, both my tuner and I use HPTuners and I have my own credits so I can access and copy his tune or make small adjustments myself. I'm not sure how it would work with different systems.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
830 WHP 700 WTQ, Whipple 2.9 @ 13lbs Boost, Flex Fuel Tune by Blevins Tuning, LSA SBE, 3.5 GripTec, ATI LS3 Damper, AFR 260cc Mongoose, ARP Studs, Yella Terra Ultralites, Johnson 2110R, BTR PDS Stage 3, Melling 10355, Improved Racing Baffle, ID1050X, DSX Triple Fuel Pump, RotoFab CAI, NW 103mm TB, Stainless Works 1-7/8" LTH to 3" Speed Eng w/ X-pipe to NPP, Powermaster 9509 XS, Detroit Speed Motor Mounts, MGW, Monster LT1-S, ZL1 Calipers, DBA Rotors & Pads, Bilstein B6 Struts & Shocks, BMR 1.25" Drop Springs & Adj Rear Bar, Pegasus Solid Bushings, Z/28 Wheels, other misc parts.
larry_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 10:13 AM   #3
14Camaro2ssRS

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
as long as your dyno tuner didn't lock his tune, yes the handheld would read/save it as the "original backup" stock tune... and when you did a "restore backup", it would put that dyno tune back on the way it was...
14Camaro2ssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 10:17 AM   #4
Lt1z

Drives: 11 SS
Tunes

Lt1z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 08:29 AM   #5
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastepile View Post
Let's say I have a Dyno done by a professional shop. Now I then get my own handheld device and do a backup. I then make a change, and then at some point reload the origanal back up I saved. Will it still be the same as when I got my original tune from the Dyno or does the hand held device mess up the Dyno settings?
Hand Held tuners are not meant to modify custom tunes and I would highly recommend against trying it.

Besides that you have very limited options, Fans setting, speed limiter rev limiter and Idle speed, maybe skip shift.

All of which are typically accounted for in a custom tune.

If you need something changed contact your original tuner.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 07:20 PM   #6
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Hand Held tuners are not meant to modify custom tunes and I would highly recommend against trying it.

Besides that you have very limited options, Fans setting, speed limiter rev limiter and Idle speed, maybe skip shift.

All of which are typically accounted for in a custom tune.

If you need something changed contact your original tuner.

Ted.
Agreed.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 09:07 AM   #7
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Also agreed with the above. Don't mess with the custom dyno tune with a hand held. Do it right and let your tuner make any changes you might want. When they do a custom dyno tune they tune for driveability, AF, timing, trans shift points and pressures if you have an auto car and it all works together to run "correctly and safely", you go in there and start dinking with the tune, you run the risk of doing some damage possibly because now it doesn't communicate properly with everything.

Last edited by 1JEWLDSSRS; 12-14-2023 at 09:18 AM.
1JEWLDSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote