Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-21-2018, 07:03 AM   #1
RSFR

Drives: ZL1
BC Racing Coil Overs

Has anyone installed these on their cars for track use (road course) and not just for stance?

I was thinking about tuning the Magneride with a DSC Sport controller ($1390) and camber plates ($525, if they ever start making them again). However, I noticed that BC Racing coils were $1335 with Swift springs, custom spring rates, built in camber plates, single adjustable, and ride height adjustable and thought that might be an all around better solution. They're also cheap to rebuild.

I realize that the Multimatic DSSV shocks would probably be the best all around choice, but those are well over $5k.

I've been digging around the forums and the interwebs, but haven't found any reviews for our platform.

Feedback appreciated.

https://store.bcracingusa.com/produc...nt=36493495361
RSFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:35 AM   #2
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Yes, I've learned the hard way and ran BC years ago.

It looks like you have some track time under your belt. Have you noticed that nobody on the track that's quick is using BC, or any of the bargain-basement "feature packed" coilovers? BC's dampers are quite simply crap [high stiction, high hysteresis], the struts are weak, and the welds are suspect (one of my strut welds cracked, messed up that corner of the car, and ended my day). If Multimatic is top-shelf, then KW is mid-level, and brands like BC are low-end. Please, learn from my mistakes and don't do it.

Now, can you honestly tell me that your driving is beyond the capabilities of the MRC's you're running now? If your lap times aren't already consistently within a few tenths, then it's not the car that needs tightening.

Also of significant importance, you haven't mentioned what tire you're running. Without knowing that, nobody can begin to give you sage advice on how to setup your dynamic wheel rates, let alone what dampers make sense.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:53 PM   #3
RSFR

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryephile View Post
Yes, I've learned the hard way and ran BC years ago.

It looks like you have some track time under your belt. Have you noticed that nobody on the track that's quick is using BC, or any of the bargain-basement "feature packed" coilovers? BC's dampers are quite simply crap [high stiction, high hysteresis], the struts are weak, and the welds are suspect (one of my strut welds cracked, messed up that corner of the car, and ended my day). If Multimatic is top-shelf, then KW is mid-level, and brands like BC are low-end. Please, learn from my mistakes and don't do it.

Now, can you honestly tell me that your driving is beyond the capabilities of the MRC's you're running now? If your lap times aren't already consistently within a few tenths, then it's not the car that needs tightening.

Also of significant importance, you haven't mentioned what tire you're running. Without knowing that, nobody can begin to give you sage advice on how to setup your dynamic wheel rates, let alone what dampers make sense.
I saw that KW also made a set, but haven't seen anyone using them, either.

My lap times are super consistent at the different tracks I visit. The MRC is a great system, which was why I was considering tuning it instead of replacing. But after seeing the cost of BC coils, I thought maybe that'd just be a better solution.

I run ZL1 1LE spec wheels and tires (Goodyear Supercar 3Rs).
RSFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 04:56 PM   #4
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
bc is good for stance guys not for track guys

as for kw v3 its a nice kit but also not really a full blown track kit

if you want full blown track coilovers it would be moton or penske or ohlins or the gm dssv kit
Old 11-21-2018, 11:26 PM   #5
Salespunk

Drives: BMW M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
bc is good for stance guys not for track guys

as for kw v3 its a nice kit but also not really a full blown track kit

if you want full blown track coilovers it would be moton or penske or ohlins or the gm dssv kit
PSA that Ohlins Corp was sold this week. Not sure yet how it will affect the company, just an FYI.
Salespunk is offline   Reply With Quote