Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-18-2021, 03:42 AM   #1
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
milky haze after ceramic coating?

So about a month ago I had the car paint corrected / ceramic coated. Car came out amazing. Then about 2 weeks later, I noticed around the passenger side height, a milky hazy look to it. Imo it was almost like it was compounded with an "aggressive" compound and they forgot to polish it out.

So I told the place that did it about it and sent them pics. Of course they said bring it back and explained sometimes if the ceramic coating doesn't wipe off completely it can happen. But about 20-30 mins later, they redid that spot and it looked great.

Fast forward 2 more weeks. Went to dust the car off and sure as shit, whats back, that entire area. I called the place back and, long story short, it was gonna be a month b4 they could get me in. I talked with another place and they got me in this past Monday. he pretty much said the same thing. Ceramic coating dried to quick and for $50, they redid the section. And again, when it was done, it looked completely gone.

Well, I went to take out the trash today and when I looked at the car what did I see... the SAME milky haze! So can anyone tell me, whats going on here. Is it actually the ceramic coating (I wanna say its called something 9H or 10H) or is there other issues.
Attached Images

AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 05:40 AM   #2
SC1LE

Drives: Chevy Camaro SS 1LE
It looks like it was wet-sanded and then coated with ceramic. Maybe they missed those areas when they were polishing?
SC1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 07:54 AM   #3
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Find another shop. Their materials and/or technique are bad.
Gunkk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 09:42 AM   #4
FH212

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
Its hard to tell from the pictures, but to me it looks like wet sanding marks that need to be buffed out correctly? Was the front wet sanded?
2001 Mecham Trans Am #3 - 7.0L LS1
FH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 02:13 PM   #5
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
Sorry for the lack of update.

So it was a mix of the ceramic was put on wrong with the compounded clear wasnt polished all the easy out. Aka this missed a spot. a big spot. I did take it to a different place and it took about an hour but its all fixed.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote