Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-03-2021, 08:35 AM   #1
04lss

Drives: 21 Camaro, 99 Tahoe, 14 audi s4
My Experience with Bomnin Chevrolet

I bought my camaro about 2 weeks ago now. I knew i wanted a v8 manual. The LT1 fit my budget, and buying a used SS was actually more expensive by thousands.

According to auto trader there were 3 within 200 miles. the one local one was ordered by a customer and was never supposed to be put online. This left Bomnin Chevrolet in Mananas. They had two cars coming in. A black LT1 and a white one.

I went up on a Monday so they could test drive my trade in. They let me drive a used SS around the lot (selling four 41 IIRC)

The trade in value they offered had me standing up and walking towards the door. They used Carfax values which were 3-4k below KBB and Black book. After about an hour of back and forth we got my Out the door price down. All fairly normal aside from the sales person pretty aggressively telling me how to rate him in the survey.

I decided on the black one, and they started doing paperwork. I had a pre-approval, but since it was 8 pm they had to wait until the next day for final sign off by the bank.

I went home, expecting a call the next day, didnt hear anything. I called them back and was told finance would call me on Wednesday. Didn't hear anything. I tried calling them and got voicemails. At this point im wondering if something went wrong. Finally on thursday, by calling service first, i was finally routed to the right person who told me everything was fine.

This isnt a major issue, but a quick voicemail or text would have prevented the worry, doesnt speak well of the dealer in my opinion.

The real issue came when I went up thursday night to sign all the papers and pick up the car. I walked outside to see a WHITE camaro LT1 not the black one id "ordered" and then the sales guy tried to say something like "The white looks good man, you should just go for that" How are you going to tell someone that they should buy the literal opposite color from what they asked for just because you messed up and its on the lot? The audacity of that just left me floored.

I did actually get the white, as i was on the fence about color initially and in person white looks way better than the photos, but its the principle of it. Apparently finance had been using the white car's VIN for the deal too.

Finally, finance didnt ask if i wanted to do auto pay, and ran the deal through as self pay which raised my interest rate half a percent. When i mentioned this it was suggested I call the bank and have them set it up as it would mean reworking a bunch of stuff.

Thankfully my bank fixed it and lowered the interest rate for me, but wow.

They keep asking me to fill out a survey and im betting they dont actually want me to.

With all of that said. They were the only dealer within 3 hour drive that had an LT1 manual.
04lss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 08:53 AM   #2
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
I have never had any luck there the few times they had something I was interested in. I would do the survey and just be honest, but don't exaggerate. Incentives and bonuses are impacted by the ratings, but sounds like they need to be aware of the things that went wrong. If they did this to you, how many other car buyers were done wrong?
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 11:50 AM   #3
10mm
Account Suspended

Drives: My wife nuts...
$999 dealer fee....😒
10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 12:22 PM   #4
VQ35DE

Drives: 2013 / 2SS / RS / L99
Damn what a dealer.
VQ35DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 08:02 AM   #5
The Blackheart

Drives: 2019 SS/1LE Riverside Blue, Z/28s
When I was Camaro shopping, I went there and those guys would never call me back
The Blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 10:52 AM   #6
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
After working in the new car business for 26 years now and buying over 60 cars, that's unfortunately not than uncommon of an experience. It's those few crappy games that many still play that give dealers the reputation we have.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 03:38 PM   #7
Jofu

Drives: 2022 Wild Cherry ZL1 1LE
Of course, they have zero incentive to change anything, since you bought the car in the end anyway

Geoff
Jofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 09:32 PM   #8
04lss

If the market wasnt the way it is, i definitely wouldnt have purchased from them.
Old 08-05-2021, 10:16 AM   #9
cthulhucaller

Drives: 2022 1SS Team Joe and Becky
Sounds like a good salesman to me. Sold you the car he wanted gone for the price he wanted it gone at, and let you do the chasing.
cthulhucaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 02:55 PM   #10
Davy_Baby9

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthulhucaller View Post
Sounds like a good salesman to me. Sold you the car he wanted gone for the price he wanted it gone at, and let you do the chasing.
This.
Davy_Baby9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 10:30 AM   #11
04lss

Yeah, i would have walked away 3 different times had the market been different, kinda sucks but it is what it is.
Old 08-10-2021, 10:10 PM   #12
Sindri

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
They are the absolute worst. I went a few years ago when I was thinking about getting a 2.0T Camaro. They had a good inventory and very good advertised prices.

The salesman was a jerk, condescending to me, rude to my wife, and the actual price was significantly higher than advertised because they had included all possible rebates and incentives, some of which were mutually exclusive, and some that didn't even apply to the Camaro.

I will never set foot on their lot again and would walk before I'd buy a car from them.
Sindri is offline   Reply With Quote