Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-20-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
latino2SS

Drives: 2012 IOM 2SS/RS L99
Question VIS AMS Hood Install

Just got my new AMS hood and VIS recommends professional installation. Is that really necessary or is it a DIY install? If so, does anyone have any experience installing an aftermarket hood themselves? Any tips or tricks to make install easier would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Flowmaster Outlaw Axelback Exhaust, CAI Intake, Apex Scoop, Vmax TB, Elite Catch Can, Eibach Springs, CF VIS AMS Hood, Heritage Grille, Havoc Diffuser, ZL1 Rockers, ACS T4 Splitter, Glossy CF Anvil Spoiler, Showstopper Side Markers, FR Glossy Style 41's, IOM Calipers, 1LE Suede Steering Wheel, CFD Tap Shifter & other stuff.
latino2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #2
Forcer

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
I have the VIS AMS hood, it fits just fine, just unbolt the old one with a friend, and have him help you start the holes.. you can do the rest yourself.. only thing i recommend is use a razor blade to cut the Squirter holes alittle larger, they dont wana to fit right, other then that,great fit and great choice of a hood.
Forcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
latino2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcer View Post
I have the VIS AMS hood, it fits just fine, just unbolt the old one with a friend, and have him help you start the holes.. you can do the rest yourself.. only thing i recommend is use a razor blade to cut the Squirter holes alittle larger, they dont wana to fit right, other then that,great fit and great choice of a hood.
Thanks!

Anyone else?
Flowmaster Outlaw Axelback Exhaust, CAI Intake, Apex Scoop, Vmax TB, Elite Catch Can, Eibach Springs, CF VIS AMS Hood, Heritage Grille, Havoc Diffuser, ZL1 Rockers, ACS T4 Splitter, Glossy CF Anvil Spoiler, Showstopper Side Markers, FR Glossy Style 41's, IOM Calipers, 1LE Suede Steering Wheel, CFD Tap Shifter & other stuff.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:54 PM   #4
954camaro

Drives: Camaro SS/RS inferno red interior
Get a trim tool to remove the window spray nozzel and because it doesn't wanna come of easy! I couldn't get my nozzles back into the VIS hood so I just took it completely off and added a air scoop which was well worth it!
Old 12-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #5
latino2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954camaro View Post
Get a trim tool to remove the window spray nozzel and because it doesn't wanna come of easy! I couldn't get my nozzles back into the VIS hood so I just took it completely off and added a air scoop which was well worth it!

I have a trim tool. Funny you mention the scoop. I was thinking the hood could be my reasoning for getting the scoop now. I've been on the fence about it.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:33 PM   #6
954camaro

Drives: Camaro SS/RS inferno red interior
Yep it is a good mod to do bro well worth the money and easy to install! I could never bring a knife to my new hood so it was a win win situation for me