Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 04-07-2016, 08:33 AM   #1
VividPsychosis

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT V6
Angry Uncomfortable driver seat???

Hey guys, I own a 16 2lt 6M. I have only been driving the car in town for the last 2000 miles. I recently started going an hour and back to work and I have become so uncomfortable in my car. The drivers seat is killing me. Now, I am a 6 ft tall, 175lb aggressive to thin guy with 34 in waist. When driving the issue I am having is pressure on my left thigh from the seat. It feels like the seat is cut so narrow and the part of the seat that holds you in on the left side, not the cushion but the metal bar beneath it is just jabbing into my leg. If I keep my left foot on the clutch it isn't so bad but when I sit back and relax in cruuse on the highway it feels like it's putting pressure on my muscle under neath mI'd to upper thigh but below my ass. What the **** is up with this? Is anyone else who commutes in there camaro having this issue? Is there a way to fix this? Please help because come sept. I will be driving an hour to work every day and I think I might go insane. I have owned 3 camaros 89, 02 and this one. So I get bucket sport seats but this is just hurting.
VividPsychosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:39 AM   #2
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Question, do you carry your wallet in your back pocket?
Old 04-07-2016, 08:46 AM   #3
2016SS

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS
Should drive a Z for a hour a$$ goes numb lol girlfriend hated the car.

I've only got some short drives in my 2SS and I love the seats I'm 5,8 256 pounds but time will tell when I can get a few hours behind the wheel.
2016 Camaro 2SS Summit built 3/28/16 delivered
2018 Camaro ZL1 cancelled by GM 😡
2019 Corvette 2lt Z51
2016SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:50 AM   #4
moonrider

Drives: 2016 2SS
We talked about this in another thread. A lot of people are complaining about it. If I drive more than 5 minutes it hurts my left thigh.
moonrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:56 AM   #5
moonrider

Here's the thread.
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=445710
Old 04-07-2016, 09:50 AM   #6
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
That is weird, to this old man its the other way around, on long drives the seats in the 6th gen are more comfortable then the 5th gen seats, when i get out of the 2010-15 cars on long rides my hip hurts for a min or 2.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:52 AM   #7
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
That is weird, to this old man its the other way around, on long drives the seats in the 6th gen are more comfortable then the 5th gen seats, when i get out of the 2010-15 cars on long rides my hip hurts for a min or 2.
another old man agrees....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:33 AM   #8
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
I came from a Mazdaspeed3 Where I had to take my keys wallet change anything out of my pockets before I got in the car for my 50 mile commute to home or to work. I am in the car for about 45minutes to an hour at a time and these seats rock I am not experiencing your issue at all I love these seats and I get to keep stuff in my pockets!! Possible your seat is mis made ? you should not feel the bar at all I am 34" wasti 190lbs 5'9.

Maybe stop by a chevy dealer and check out another one and see.
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:49 AM   #9
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
It worries me to keep seeing these threads. Looks like I'll be renting one for a long trip before buying.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:54 AM   #10
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
It worries me to keep seeing these threads. Looks like I'll be renting one for a long trip before buying.

And this is the prob with reading threads, LOL.....mine was fine for 6 hours at a stretch , 6 1, 235 lbs.,there are some here that want to sleep/rest in the seats, you can't do that, but normal driving is fine. I think it a far better seat than the 5th gen....
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:08 AM   #11
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
For me these seats are waaaay better than the 5th gen seats. A lot better quality and comfort. I'm a thin guy though, so I'm not having side to side issues like what OP might be having. My car was perfectly fine on the 8 hour trip home from the dealership.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:10 AM   #12
moonrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
And this is the prob with reading threads, LOL.....mine was fine for 6 hours at a stretch , 6 1, 235 lbs.,there are some here that want to sleep/rest in the seats, you can't do that, but normal driving is fine. I think it a far better seat than the 5th gen....
I'm not talking about long trips. I've had mine for about three weeks and it's uncomfortable anything over 5 minutes of driving. I only contributed to threads about this issue and probably would have never brought it up on my own. After I get the 1500 mile break in period over with I will be driving it on a two hour trip, so I will see how I feel then.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:23 PM   #13
Jamison

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
5'10 185, had the same issue. Took about 3000 miles (seriously) and hundreds of minor seat adjustments to resolve. Not sure why the issue exists, but I suspect one reason is that raising the overall seat height isn't just a vertical positioning, it also tilts the bottom a bit. So it has to be countered by lowering the front thigh portion of the seat.

Suggest you start with the height and thigh bolsters all the way down. Adjust the back to where you want it first and then raise height and finally the lower thigh...

Ha... context.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:54 PM   #14
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN sui View Post
For me these seats are waaaay better than the 5th gen seats. A lot better quality and comfort. I'm a thin guy though, so I'm not having side to side issues like what OP might be having. My car was perfectly fine on the 8 hour trip home from the dealership.
Good to hear. While I haven't driven any yet, I too thought they felt better than gen5 in the couple that I managed to sit in.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote