Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-12-2022, 09:31 AM   #309
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
Perhaps it's a lapse on my part, but I seriously don't care about his background. If he's praising electric sports cars he's a douche in my book. No offense to you intended.
So a person with a different taste in cars as you is a douche?

So in order to not be a douche, they must think like you, like what you like, etc.

Got it.
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 10:01 AM   #310
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Perhaps it's a lapse on my part, but I seriously don't care about his background. If he's praising electric sports cars he's a douche in my book. No offense to you intended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldawg View Post
I feel the same way. Supporters of performance EV’s are facilitating the demise of ICE- especially if you are open to an EV sedan equivalent of the Camaro. Mary and the EPA don’t need any help! Resist!

But I know deep down resistance is totally futile. They have every intent to reshape the free market in the same manner as present day version of governance. Your desires don’t matter, and further, we resent the fact that you don’t realize you’ll be better off with us making those decisions for you.

The fact that EV’s are not likely to contribute to solving the ‘crisis’ (if it indeed exists) adds salt to the wound.
Guys, let's not conflate technology with morality (or lack thereof). Electric vehicles have been around longer than internal combustion ones, and what we, and I dare hope looking at my signature will help convince you that I'm also in this camp, really want to preserve and elevate is the spirit of freedom and ingenuity our ICE cars represent through the joy of driving to places.

Any powertrain or suspension or aero setup is orthogonal to that. Just like you, I loathe the nasty "bait and switch" that EVs have been used as a vehicle of, but on the other hand we are obliged to find new ways (truly) forward and not bark at the moon, holding on to the wrong thing, ie the means, not the goal.

On a related note, the CEO of this company, Mate Rimac in particular is a very straightforward and honest guy, a true representation of the same entrepreneurial spirit that made America great in the first place. He built his enterprise in Croatia, and being from near that area, I know it's freakishly difficult to pull anything off with crippling regulations and lack of local resources, but he made that happen and remained the same decent person throughout. His company has vision and execution, their products are outstanding in their own niche.

I have no problem acknowledging talent and achievement wherever it is exhibited. An incredibly far cry from the typical mindless, woke corporate liars we are forced to deal with every day.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 11:32 AM   #311
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRules View Post
So a person with a different taste in cars as you is a douche?

So in order to not be a douche, they must think like you, like what you like, etc.

Got it.
Close, but not exactly.

You think Chevy rules, I think EV sports cars are an abomination. Did you read the article about the end of the Hellcat engine. Know why? Too big of an impact on fleet MPG. Tsk, tsk, we can't have that now can we.

I think the EV concept and motivations are based on ignorance.

I think people pitching EV sports cars are douches.

Clear enough for you?
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 01:05 PM   #312
Gen6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2021 ,rs, v6, manual
Years ago electric buses ,trolly cars I think , we're shut down so gm could build ic buses. I think the government had a hand in that.
Gen6cyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 03:51 PM   #313
Crim

Drives: 13 Camaro SS
Quote:
Close, but not exactly.

You think Chevy rules, I think EV sports cars are an abomination. Did you read the article about the end of the Hellcat engine. Know why? Too big of an impact on fleet MPG. Tsk, tsk, we can't have that now can we.

Clear enough for you?
I'd say that pretty much sums it up...
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 07:38 PM   #314
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Just to put it out there, if you like cars and you like driving cars and you like going places in your car for the joy of driving your car……….I don’t give a flying **** if you like EV or aiCE, you are my friend.

In time it isn’t EVs that are the demise of cars with desirable NVH characteristics, it’s simply people that don’t care about driving.

GM will give us enjoyable EVs to drive, that I’m certain of. But Autonomous EVs will simply be a result of people that don’t care about driving. That is our demise, not electric propulsion.
Old 08-12-2022, 08:02 PM   #315
ChevyRules

Quote:
Close, but not exactly.

Clear enough for you?
And that is FCA’s fault. All they produced was fuel sucking vehicles. Ford and GM has vehicles in the fleet that can offset the 700 HP vehicles. That is poor product planning.

I will advocate for an EV sports car because I like all cars. I won’t advocate for EV sports cars should replace all ICE sports cars because I certainly want a C8 z06 in my driveway, but an EV sports car will still be awesome.
Old 08-12-2022, 10:25 PM   #316
cooldawg

Drives: RAM
Quote:
And that is FCA’s fault. All they produced was fuel sucking vehicles. Ford and GM has vehicles in the fleet that can offset the 700 HP vehicles. That is poor product planning.

I will advocate for an EV sports car because I like all cars. I won’t advocate for EV sports cars should replace all ICE sports cars because I certainly want a C8 z06 in my driveway, but an EV sports car will still be awesome.
FCA is reacting to a regulatory structure that should not exist if you believe in free markets. Yes it might be poor planning on FCA’s part, but no, the root cause of ICE V8’s going away is the government insisting on fleet efficiency standards in the 1st place.

Our government wagging its finger at the auto industry insisting on efficiency? That’s a laugher, lol. The big government blob’s expertise is in generating waste. I genuinely hope ‘government motors’ produces the Z06 of your dreams, but I’m much less optimistic. If it’s not a POS, it will be a car only the elites can afford. And those that just want an ICE V8 at a reasonable price point? SOL.
cooldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 11:03 PM   #317
ChevyRules

Quote:
FCA is reacting to a regulatory structure that should not exist if you believe in free markets. Yes it might be poor planning on FCA’s part, but no, the root cause of ICE V8’s going away is the government insisting on fleet efficiency standards in the 1st place.

Our government wagging its finger at the auto industry insisting on efficiency? That’s a laugher, lol. The big government blob’s expertise is in generating waste. I genuinely hope ‘government motors’ produces the Z06 of your dreams, but I’m much less optimistic. If it’s not a POS, it will be a car only the elites can afford. And those that just want an ICE V8 at a reasonable price point? SOL.
Believe Somalia has an unregulated free market if that is your dream world.

But in any other civilized industrialized place, you will not ever find a free market that isn’t regulated to make sure it doesn’t run amok or we would still be experiencing child labor and you barely able to make $100 a week.
Old 08-13-2022, 12:13 AM   #318
cooldawg

Drives: RAM
Quote:
Believe Somalia has an unregulated free market if that is your dream world.

But in any other civilized industrialized place, you will not ever find a free market that isn’t regulated to make sure it doesn’t run amok or we would still be experiencing child labor and you barely able to make $100 a week.
We should just agree to disagree. People want vehicles to serve their purpose. Regardless of that purpose, they want them to have lower cost of ownership; they should be efficient, reliable and as safe as possible. You believe government regulation is a key ingredient, and I believe that free markets produce the best product.
cooldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 12:27 AM   #319
ChevyRules

Quote:
We should just agree to disagree. People want vehicles to serve their purpose. Regardless of that purpose, they want them to have lower cost of ownership; they should be efficient, reliable and as safe as possible. You believe government regulation is a key ingredient, and I believe that free markets produce the best product.
Sure and the last thing I will say is I do believe in the free market. I just don't believe in an unchecked free market and certainly believe regulation can go too far.

It's all about balance.
Old 08-13-2022, 08:31 AM   #320
genxer

Drives: multiple cars
If some form of U.S. government intervention, on behalf of BEV, is inevitable, I can think of only one acceptable scenario: Crossovers that can't tow.

Everything else gets left alone, especially anything with a stick. Get the Solipsistiq suburbanites off of people's backs.

On the BEV support side - make it pack module swapping (of size that the rest-of-world wouldn't do), to support domestic production and get away from fast-charge infrastructure issues. Get GM and Ford (probably Toyota too) to agree on a common module, where any of these crossovers would have either 2 or 3. Tax to support it appropriately (hardest part I know).

If you want balance, there it is.
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 06:56 AM   #321
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer View Post
If some form of U.S. government intervention, on behalf of BEV, is inevitable, I can think of only one acceptable scenario: Crossovers that can't tow.

Everything else gets left alone, especially anything with a stick. Get the Solipsistiq suburbanites off of people's backs.

On the BEV support side - make it pack module swapping (of size that the rest-of-world wouldn't do), to support domestic production and get away from fast-charge infrastructure issues. Get GM and Ford (probably Toyota too) to agree on a common module, where any of these crossovers would have either 2 or 3. Tax to support it appropriately (hardest part I know).

If you want balance, there it is.
GM gave swappable batteries a good look well over 10 years ago. Just not practical.

If it were you would have at least seen an SAE recommended practice, which I believe does exist for the charger plug. J1772.
Old 08-14-2022, 07:37 AM   #322
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
GM gave swappable batteries a good look well over 10 years ago. Just not practical.

If it were you would have at least seen an SAE recommended practice, which I believe does exist for the charger plug. J1772.
Why? It seems like swappable batteries is the only way we can have any EV motorsports with long race durations. Lotus is planning for a 2030 EV LeMan entry with battery swapping.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote