Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 07-26-2019, 01:25 AM   #1
Black1le17

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Procharger and catch can?

Okay I just recently purchased and installed a pro-charger p1x kit, and I am trying to figure out what catch can I need to buy and how do I need to instal it. I read a bunch of threads and ended up more confused than ever. I keep seeing elite engineering but they want a god awful price and someone said they come apart with a lot of vacuum. Then there is Mighty Mouse but there is no real direction on how to hook it up or if it is even my best option. So basically what do I need to buy and how do I hook it up is my question.
Black1le17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 06:59 AM   #2
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Grab the Mighty Mouse "Wild" can and I can walk you through how to install it with a Procharger.
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 09:28 AM   #3
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Grab the Mighty Mouse "Wild" can and I can walk you through how to install it with a Procharger.
Please share, I am in the same boat. Only thing is I am using one of the taps from the PC vacuum manifold to run my boost gauge.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:46 AM   #4
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
The proper system for a build like yours is our Elite E2-X Ultra. Compared to the MM that only will evacuate at idle and deceleration, the rest of the time allowing pressure to build and vent. Venting leaves much of the wear and damage substances in the crankcase to accumulate.

Elite makes several model depending on what your application is, so it is critical to match the correct system and we have NO instances ever of "coming apart with alot of vacuum". Has never happened and is impossible with our billet construction.

We also trap 95% of the oil and other "gunk" you don't want ingested vs less than 1/2 that with the vented cans. So you need to ask your self what your goals are. You have a GDI engine that cannot tolerate this ingestion, and as a side benefit our E2 and E2-X systems providing constant evacuation and flushing of these damage and wear causing combustion byproducts, your engine oil remains cleaner far longer as we are removing most of them no matter what mode the engine is operating in, boost or non boost. Our special billet checkvalves for Turbo and Centrifugal applications will hold in excess of 200PSI, far greater than you will ever see, and just look at this oil analysis of a built twin turbo run hard at over 20 PSI of boost after over 13,000 miles on the oil:

You get what you pay for, and as we have stated for years, there is no more effective system period for your application no matter the cost short of a belt driven vacuum pump system. And we prove this over and over.

As always, email: Tech@EliteEngineeringUSA.com before purchasing any system and ask details until you fully understand these systems.

Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 02:46 PM   #5
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
Please share, I am in the same boat. Only thing is I am using one of the taps from the PC vacuum manifold to run my boost gauge.

That's no problem.

Ok guys let me know if you have any trouble viewing this and if you still have any questions don't hesitate to let me know. Hope this helps

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 08:49 PM   #6
parbreak

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro SS
The MM Wild comes with fine instructions.
50th Anniversary Edition |Borla Atak and 60606 mid pipes| Kooks 1 7/8" | ProCharger Stage II |305/45/17 DRs | Circle D 3500 stall | LT4 fueling | Custom made Lowside Aux Pump | Alky Control Meth | DSX E85
parbreak is offline   Reply With Quote