Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

AWE Tuning

Old 05-31-2018, 01:38 PM   #29
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Sorry in advance for thread-jacking a thread about tires, but had a few things I wanted to mention.

Tire size makes no difference to MRC ride height sensors. The sensors pick up suspension position relative to the body, not body to ground. You'd need a spring or other suspension change to impact the resting suspension height. EDIT - As Mr. Wyndham already stated, sorry for originally missing that

As for the dampers changing ride height, I also don't see how that's possible. The damping force changes by adjusting a magnetic field that controls the viscosity of the fluid inside the damper. They don't have any pumps to generate the pressure needed to raise or lower the car. They are just like a hydraulic damper in the sense that they can't generate force internally to cause motion, they can only make the damper easier or harder to move.

Provoste, I'm assuming you lift the car from the sides and not the front and rear? Do you by any chance have metal plates to put grease between to set under the wheels when you lift and lower a side? That would help the wheels to move free laterally and avoid any tire/bushing preload that would cause the car to sit higher after lowering. Another thing you can try is jouncing the car after it's set back down. The dampers could only hold the car up by going to their maximum stiffness setting, so if the car moves when you push on the corner I'm betting it's not the dampers holding it up.

I'd also like to add that I had to lift and lower my car on the alignment rack that does the same thing that the metal plates would do (lets the wheels move relative to the ground without causing any suspension/tire preload), and I noticed no change in resting ride height although I wasn't specifically measuring it. I have noticed it sits higher after using the jack in my driveway, but I also noticed that the tire is a bit deformed and it goes back to normal once the car rolls a little, even with the car off.

Last edited by Alpha1BC; 05-31-2018 at 01:49 PM.
Alpha1BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 08:53 PM   #30
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Here's what a quick lift with a floor jack will do to a ZL1 1LE ride height (I was switching the camber plates from track to street for a road trip on Saturday). Just for kicks I took a picture right after I put the car back down, and then after I rolled him a few feet into his spot.

(Don't mind the rotors...brakes have only had about 60 highway miles to detox after Pocono...)

BEFORE:

Name:  rideheightBEFORE.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  304.6 KB

AFTER:

Name:  rideheightAFTER.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  273.7 KB
Old 01-01-2019, 08:29 PM   #31
FollowMyLine
Driver for Hire

Drives: 22 Camaro 2SS 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provoste View Post
Also, its really annoying when threads are moved. The OP was clearly trying to make SS 1LE owners aware of the new sizes...
Yes, this is exactly the case. I agree especially since it was moved to the forum that is sponsored by Tire Rack, and this size is exclusive to Goodyear stores.

I also didn’t select subscribe when new posts are made as an option, as I thought no one had seen this, or that it was removed. Is there a way to set that option to automatically subscribe when posting or creating a thread?
FollowMyLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 08:17 AM   #32
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Has anyone actually been able to acquire the 285/305 3R's in 20" yet?? I initially tried to order a set back 4/18 and after multi backorder date bumps I cancelled the order. I recently tried to order again to try a set for myself, and the "backorder" cycle continues.... Thanks
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:40 AM   #33
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0DRN71 View Post
I also didn’t select subscribe when new posts are made as an option, as I thought no one had seen this, or that it was removed. Is there a way to set that option to automatically subscribe when posting or creating a thread?
I know it's been a few weeks, but in case this is still relevant, try User CP > Edit Options, then this:
Attached Images

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:51 AM   #34
FollowMyLine
Driver for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
I know it's been a few weeks, but in case this is still relevant, try User CP > Edit Options, then this:
Thanks! I just changed the setting.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:52 AM   #35
FollowMyLine
Driver for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven2exceSS View Post
Has anyone actually been able to acquire the 285/305 3R's in 20" yet?? I initially tried to order a set back 4/18 and after multi backorder date bumps I cancelled the order. I recently tried to order again to try a set for myself, and the "backorder" cycle continues.... Thanks
I see they are available at Discount Tire now as well. Where have you tried ordering from?
Old 02-08-2019, 12:34 PM   #36
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matos1LE View Post
I'd read somewhere that the MRC has a ride height setting. Since the 19's cause the car to sit lower, you had to have the suspension height setting zero'd so it would work optimally. This is coming from one of the guys on the facebook page who autocrosses/tracks often. I would love to hear that he's completely wrong and it doesn't matter at all, I'll have 19's in no time if that's the case!

This 'zero' procedure you describe is used with the DSC Sport MRC controller. It is a real procedure that has to be done when you swap wheel sizes.

https://www.dscsport.com/tuning-acad...-37efce3f-6374

The OEM MRC controller doesn't have a 'zero' procedure.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 04:34 PM   #37
driven2exceSS

Quote:
I see they are available at Discount Tire now as well. Where have you tried ordering from?
Summit
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
Old 02-09-2019, 05:51 PM   #38
FollowMyLine
Driver for Hire

Quote:
Summit
Give Discount Tire or a Goodyear service center a shot. May be able to get them sooner, rather than never. Lol

Last edited by FollowMyLine; 02-09-2019 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:22 PM   #39
driven2exceSS

Has anyone put their hands on a set of 20" 3R's yet?????????? Last time I checked with a local GoodYear Service Center they were not available, yet (supposedly). I have not tried Discount Tire though, and it has been a bit since I tried a GoodYear Service Center again. I have been waiting on an actual ship date that Summit continually keeps pushing out and Out and OUT, over and Over and OVER AGAIN!!!!! I would think if these tires are indeed available in 20" that Summit would be able to get their hands on them just as much as any other company. Anyone???
Old 06-11-2019, 11:07 PM   #40
FollowMyLine
Driver for Hire

Quote:
Has anyone put their hands on a set of 20" 3R's yet?????????? Last time I checked with a local GoodYear Service Center they were not available, yet (supposedly). I have not tried Discount Tire though, and it has been a bit since I tried a GoodYear Service Center again. I have been waiting on an actual ship date that Summit continually keeps pushing out and Out and OUT, over and Over and OVER AGAIN!!!!! I would think if these tires are indeed available in 20" that Summit would be able to get their hands on them just as much as any other company. Anyone???
I just got a quote from my local Goodyear place 2 weeks ago, and he said that they had 2 in Indiana and 2 more somewhere else (can’t remember which state) and that it would take 3-4 days to come in. I didn’t end up buying them because my SC3’s are nearly new.
YouTube Channel
Old 06-12-2019, 10:44 AM   #41
driven2exceSS

Quote:
I just got a quote from my local Goodyear place 2 weeks ago, and he said that they had 2 in Indiana and 2 more somewhere else (can’t remember which state) and that it would take 3-4 days to come in. I didn’t end up buying them because my SC3’s are nearly new.
Interesting, thank you. Were you looking to run the "traditional" 285/305, or were you going to 305's "squared"?? I ask based on other reported availability of just 305's in the Road Course/Track and Autocross forum/tread.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:33 PM   #42
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires...-3/sizes-specs

Finally showing official sizes / specs for the 3's instead of 3R's. Would be a good tire for ZL1 1LE's running in a 200TW+ Class. The various sizes, diameters, availability (eventually), and stated 8/32" Tread Depth should make them legal in SCCA. FYI.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote