Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-19-2018, 03:20 PM   #1499
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post
What model BMW is this? Please show us the eight year old BMW the Guilia is supposedly a knock-off of.

I do agree it is always harder to design something fresh rather than a refresh of the past.
I wouldn't say 8yr old but it looks just like a 3 series with the mugshot of Sam Eagle from the Muppets on the front.
Attached Images

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 03:22 PM   #1500
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
And that’s not even counting the Camaros (and other vehicles) sold to people who come in to look at a Corvette. Several members of our Camaro Club have a Cruze (me and several others) Volt (me and one or two others) Colorado, Malibu, or Silverado that they drive when not driving the Camaro. Those could easily be Focuses, Fusions, F150s and Escapes.
I lease a 2016 AWD Traverse and my DD is a 20 year old Blazer , its the only way i can have a Camaro , until they come out with an AWD Camaro that is.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 03:23 PM   #1501
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpskinzhut View Post
I wouldn't say 8yr old but it looks just like a 3 series with the mugshot of Sam Eagle from the Muppets on the front.
Put the KIA Stinger in there also .
Old 04-19-2018, 03:32 PM   #1502
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
But which is which lol? Except that guy at the bottom
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 03:48 PM   #1503
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
No it's not a family car, but if you compare it to the other cars in it's class it is lacking in everyday usability. Believe it or not there are people that would have to daily drive the car, maybe stuff kids in it.

Again there are people that will use the car to do both. Take me as an example, wife has an SUV and I will be in the market for a new vehicle soon.
Got kid #1 on the way. In theory I could get a Camaro since the wife has the big suv. Here is my problem though, I don't want to always be forced to take her car to do everything with the kid. I am an active person in the summer, I play softball, I play golf and sometimes I have to pick up teammates friends. That means bat bags, golf bags and other gear got to go in the car. Those are some areas where the Mustang and Challenger over clear advantages over the Camaro. No one is saying make it a family hauler but I think they could in the 7th gen try to make it a bit more liveable.

So your saying they should just say screw you to people that might need to haul kids or have some usability in their car? Great strategy lol
I do understand what you are saying ,when i got married and planned to have kids i traded my 81 Z28 in for Monte Carlo SS and that worked perfect .I may be selfish but the Camaro for me and the wife is the perfect car for what it is ,its when people want it to be more then it is then problems show up . I think the way Chevy has put the Gen 6 Camaro together has turned it into one of the best Sports cars in the world ,they have come a very long way. If people can't put kids in (safely)or stick golf clubs in it then its not the car for them, get a more user friendly Mustang or Challenger ,but don't blame Chevy for building a great sports car .
Old 04-19-2018, 04:33 PM   #1504
Shiftgreen

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Muscle View Post
Wow I am liking that look, especially with that blacked out bowtie:
(Screenshot from youtube video that was posted)
From a distance coming the other direction on HWY, we are going to wonder for a bit if its a charger or camaro.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:37 PM   #1505
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftgreen View Post
From a distance coming the other direction on HWY, we are going to wonder for a bit if its a charger or camaro.
I'll wonder if it's a charger that was in a wreck because that's what it looks like.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 04:39 PM   #1506
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
lol
...or a cop in your mirror.
Old 04-19-2018, 04:46 PM   #1507
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
I don’t think there will be a problem recognizing it as a Camaro.

Name:  8FFF517C-4681-4056-9B18-D07C83A061C7.jpeg
Views: 747
Size:  51.2 KB

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 04:59 PM   #1508
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
I don’t think there will be a problem recognizing it as a Camaro.
Sure as hell looks like a Camaro to me.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:23 PM   #1509
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Is Camaro trunk so much smaller vs the Stang's?
Granted, it shrunk a wee bit due to a new platform, but i just dont recall the Mustang offering much more room to speak of (and i had 3 in the past). In any case i do get your point but i hope they continue to chop its weight evenbit means less utility et al. Just my perspective.
It is much smaller. 9.1 cu. ft vs the Mustangs 13.5.

You cannot get golf clubs in the trunk of a Camaro without the rear seat folded if you have a current 45" or longer driver. It's the main reason I don't have a Gen6 in the driveway.

Also, the Camaro is off of the Alpha architecture and you CAN get two sets of golf clubs in an ATS Coupe and Sedan. So it isn't the architecture. It's what they did with it.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:58 PM   #1510
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
I can see some similarities, but the Guilia looks quite a bit better. The proportions are better, and the lines are more interesting.
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 06:08 PM   #1511
Richie Carbone

Drives: My work van for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongos2U View Post
Thanks for your insightful, thorough, well thought out opinion of the 2019 Camaro.

BADA BING !!
It's only a car sensitive Sally. And in my opinion the 19 is ****ing ugly!
Richie Carbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:00 PM   #1512
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
It is much smaller. 9.1 cu. ft vs the Mustangs 13.5.

You cannot get golf clubs in the trunk of a Camaro without the rear seat folded if you have a current 45" or longer driver. It's the main reason I don't have a Gen6 in the driveway.

Also, the Camaro is off of the Alpha architecture and you CAN get two sets of golf clubs in an ATS Coupe and Sedan. So it isn't the architecture. It's what they did with it.
Oh gee! Good thing golf blows and I dont choose my cars based on whether or not golf clubs fit... lol

Well, if i ever did take up that total waste of time sport, good thing my DD is a pickup truck.

I kid, I kid to each their own...
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2019 camaro refresh, 2020 camrao, becky, beckyd, camaro refresh, camarodestroyed, new camaro, ugly camaro, wtf?!?!