Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-01-2016, 09:54 PM   #43
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamspeed View Post
Update 1 AM: So no clue at initial diagnosis, it is an electrical issue somewhere, and they have to tear into the dash... less than a week old, and I suspect my dash will now have rattles and groans it never had before when this is all done.

Update 2 PM: GM told the dealer that there is something wrong with the video feed, and that the entire harness system would have to be replaced which mean tearing out the dash completely, along with the WINDSHIELD... ????? WTH? As they put it all back together so I could have the car while the parts are on order, now the HUD works. So for now, obviously I have declined having the entire harness network replaced, and will just see how long this works. Basically it sounds to me that they collectively (GM tech and service techs) were completely unable to find where the system was failing and GM decided the entire main harness would have to go, requiring the car to be tore apart.

New $48K MSRP vehicle, 3 days into the ownership and GM wants to tear the entire interior dash/command center/windshield out to replace the wiring harness. That simply dumbfounds me. I think I would almost rather just be refunded the HUD and live without it than to have the car interior/windshield disassembled. To state that I am nervous now about this car would be a gross understatement.

Sucks to hear... My HUD vibrates with music playing making it look all fuzzy while the audio is on, also does it on bumpy roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 09:45 AM   #44
joekchen

Drives: 17 Camaro 2SS 50th&01 Firehawk 10th
My problem is the instrument panel went dead when the headlights come on. During the day it works fine. When it's dark, the headlights come on the gauge went dead. :(
joekchen is offline   Reply With Quote