Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Texas

AWE Tuning

Old 01-30-2019, 09:42 AM   #1
getchapull
TEXIT

Drives: 2019 ZL1 M6
Top Houston area dealers for ordering cars

Howdy,

I'm getting ready to put an order in for a 2019 ZL1 M6 and I wanted to see what dealerships yall recommend for ordering a car. I've never ordered a car before and I want to order from a local dealership with verifiable allocation etc. Any info about the process dos and don'ts would be helpful.

Thanks.
getchapull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 09:48 AM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
After working as a dealership general manager for years, I can tell you that it's HOW you approach a dealership that's very important. First go in and see the general sales manager. Not the salesman that comes up to you, when you walk in. If A salesman is walking up to you it means he's not busy, and there's a reason for that. Good Experienced salesman do not take walk-ins.It's also most important to tell the general sales manager that you have your financing already completed, and you know exactly what car you want to order and are willing to do that TODAY, If the numbers are right. He should put you with one of the salesman that is more experienced In ordering cars and is older. It should go very well.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 11:14 AM   #3
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
I'm not in Houston but I can help you with an order. We've sold more than a few Camaros to folks from the Houston area.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 11:19 AM   #4
thrashergrant

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Can't say to much about ordering, but I bought my '18 SS 1LE brand new from Mac Haik. Wayne is the general sales manager there and ensured I had a painless buying experience. They also appear to be a high volume dealer(had 3 ZL1 1LEs sitting in the showroom). I would recommend them for sure.
thrashergrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 06:41 PM   #5
getchapull
TEXIT

GearheadSS,

Does your dealership require a deposit? If so, how much, refundable etc?
Old 02-01-2019, 10:12 AM   #6
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
AutoNation Gulf Freeway.. I dealt with Lauren Faulkner. Got an excellent deal (under dealer invoice before rebates) when I ordered my ZL1

A deposit will likely be required.. $500 or $1000

Highly recommend
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 12:04 PM   #7
karmatourer
STD free

Drives: 2018 Bright Yellow LGX M6 RS NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
After working as a dealership general manager for years, I can tell you that it's HOW you approach a dealership that's very important. First go in and see the general sales manager. Not the salesman that comes up to you, when you walk in. If A salesman is walking up to you it means he's not busy, and there's a reason for that. Good Experienced salesman do not take walk-ins.It's also most important to tell the general sales manager that you have your financing already completed, and you know exactly what car you want to order and are willing to do that TODAY, If the numbers are right. He should put you with one of the salesman that is more experienced In ordering cars and is older. It should go very well.
In 2 words,uh no on the salesman portion. LIke you,I live in Florida and if you buy from a dealer where the temps are frigid,literally no salesman are busy. Your assumption may apply to warm weather locations and that too is debatable because in the end,you'll be dealing with a salesman. But them again,you're the expert. Maybe things have changed since you retired but I've bought 7 new cars across 3 brands since July 2016 and EVERY time I was greeted at the door by a salesman-it's how its done these days. I hear they even sell cars over the internet!
karmatourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 12:22 PM   #8
getchapull
TEXIT

Didn't know AutoNation sold new cars.
Old 02-03-2019, 01:10 AM   #9
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
I'm as close...
......... as your keyboard ..