Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-09-2020, 12:07 PM   #1
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Save some cash on lift pads.

I saw this on another thread a few months back and decided to order them. Just put them on and there 100% fine. I used rubber pucks before and actually forgot to use them a couple of times, old age. lol

They are half the price of other companies, I will let you decided which one to buy. The amazon product is fine. A must for garage monkey types like me, save your pinch weld and once you have mounted them they are permanently there.
Attached Images

Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 98 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 03:16 PM   #2
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
those things look like they are putting all the lifting force on the metal leading to the pinch weld instead of the pinch weld.

Not sure if it'll matter. But other types of lift pads like these:
https://www.amazon.com/Byenins-Slott.../dp/B073SQRYB3

Will still put all the lifting force on the pinch weld while saving your pucks/rubber from getting cleaved by the welds or requiring a lot of clearance around the weld.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 03:42 PM   #3
Magnum922

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, A8
I have both of these. They don't put the lifting pressure on the pinch welds ( it looks like they do but don't) . The pinch welds are guides. You dont want to put pressure on them. It will bend / crush them. The pressure has to go on each side of the pinch weld to lift the car safely.
Old 09-09-2020, 03:50 PM   #4
stealthmr

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
I saw this on another thread a few months back and decided to order them. Just put them on and there 100% fine. I used rubber pucks before and actually forgot to use them a couple of times, old age. lol

They are half the price of other companies, I will let you decided which one to buy. The amazon product is fine. A must for garage monkey types like me, save your pinch weld and once you have mounted them they are permanently there.
I also have the Amazon lift pads. They work great and half the price of ZL addons lift pads. Cant go wrong.
stealthmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 04:35 PM   #5
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
those things look like they are putting all the lifting force on the metal leading to the pinch weld instead of the pinch weld.

Not sure if it'll matter. But other types of lift pads like these:
https://www.amazon.com/Byenins-Slott.../dp/B073SQRYB3

Will still put all the lifting force on the pinch weld while saving your pucks/rubber from getting cleaved by the welds or requiring a lot of clearance around the weld.
Look at the last picture with them installed on car. The grove is big enough and doesn’t come close to the pinch weld. They are made correctly by the manufacturer.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 98 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 04:43 PM   #6
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum922 View Post
I have both of these. They don't put the lifting pressure on the pinch welds ( it looks like they do but don't) . The pinch welds are guides. You dont want to put pressure on them. It will bend / crush them. The pressure has to go on each side of the pinch weld to lift the car safely.

I dont think the pinch welds are meant to be guides. They're meant to be structurally sound places to hold the weight of the car against the pressure of jacks/lifts. As long as the force is not applied perpendicular to the pinch rail, you should be fine as a vertical length of metal is unlikely to deform from force applied along that edge aside from some minor depressions for when you're going metal on metal and supporting all the weight on tiny contact points of a jack or stand.

The adapters that support the weight to the sides of the weld are probably ok in most situations since they're so close to the welds that deforming the metal is unlikely but still, that's not where you really should be applying force.

It also requires a lot of clearance around the pinch welds which isn't always the case given underbody panels and side-skirts and such.

The kind I linked to would be more likely to be usable anywhere along the pinch weld rather than just a few places that have areas cleared for standard lift/jack points.

That last point is extremely useful for when factory areas for lift pads aren't usable and you have side skirts and other plastic in the way everywhere else (leers at new chargers).
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 04:51 PM   #7
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I have the Amazon ones, they work fine. You just need to make sure they are installed bottomed out against the bottom of the car, and I'd also smear some anti-seize along the pinch weld and loctite on the threads. Even if you don't strictly need them, they are worth it in case you need to bring the car to the dealer, tire shop, etc. to make it easier for the tech to not damage your car by lifting it improperly, which seems pretty common.