Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-16-2020, 11:57 AM   #15
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
I like that it has character. There was passion that went into developing the Camaro and it’s easy to see that.

Also while the styling can be a bit polarizing, it’s connected with every demographic from toddlers to grandparents, homeless to wealthy, whether in the city or out in the country.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 08:44 PM   #16
Protree

Drives: 2021 1ss a10
I like the subtleness of the reverse Mohawk on the roof and the way the sail panels transition into the hips. How many re-drawings and clay work until it was just right?
Old 11-16-2020, 09:54 PM   #17
Brudda*Termite

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Converted from Mustang because of the test drive, and it just looks like such a murderous car with its curb appeal. I was at the dealership today picking up brake parts and a salesman came up telling me he'd give me more than the car was worth to get into a new ride, and I told him he could never give me what the car gives me on a daily basis. I get sad if I have to drive something else for more than a day...
Old 11-17-2020, 05:48 PM   #18
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEZL1 View Post
...The car is very cool looking and unique. It's very rare. Most people have never seen one in person, or even know they exist, so they escape the "old guy" vette memes and despite being wild you get none of the supercar type hate jealousy driving it around. It's not uppity or pretensous at all...
About that... This is not quite my experience.

Have a bit of a WTF story to tell. So one day, I drove to a friend's house to fix up his Mazda6 that has been sitting for a year(I am driving that car now). This random old guy shows up and tells me that some rich and powerful people in my province drive a Toyota and then he goes on and tells me how I should be humble. Keep in mind that I am Asian, and the old guy assumed I am new to Canada. Maybe 9 years are a short time to some people. And just because someone drives an old Toyota, doesn't mean they can't have a pile of expensive watches sitting inside the house. Just different hobbies, perhaps an even more expensive one.

And before you say it's the colour and it's an SS 1LE... I have a friend with a grey V6 6th Gen Camaro that was getting jealousy which is even weirder. I guess some non-car people see Camaro and think it's expensive? I am kinda flattered if that's the case, but seriously, a well equipped Camry or Mazda6 could be just as expensive as a V6 Camaro.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 06:06 PM   #19
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
My exhaust stays in track mode. I love the looks I get (usually admiring) every time I start it.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 06:22 PM   #20
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
I actually own two Camaros at the moment. A fully built 700 hp 2000 SS, and my stock daily 2018 V6. To be totally honest I'm not partial to the Camaro over the Mustang or Challenger for the most part, but I got a great deal on my 2018, and my 2000 has been my weekend/summer toy for quite some time now. What it came down to is that I wanted a brand new car for my daily, and it had to be under 30k. Most new cars under 30k do not look nearly as cool as a modern Camaro, Mustang, or Challenger. I love this car as my daily, but I also enjoyed my 2016 Mustang V6 as well
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 06:33 PM   #21
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
I actually own two Camaros at the moment. A fully built 700 hp 2000 SS, and my stock daily 2018 V6. To be totally honest I'm not partial to the Camaro over the Mustang or Challenger for the most part, but I got a great deal on my 2018, and my 2000 has been my weekend/summer toy for quite some time now. What it came down to is that I wanted a brand new car for my daily, and it had to be under 30k. Most new cars under 30k do not look nearly as cool as a modern Camaro, Mustang, or Challenger. I love this car as my daily, but I also enjoyed my 2016 Mustang V6 as well
If you like your LS you should give the LT1’s a try.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 06:45 PM   #22
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
If you like your LS you should give the LT1’s a try.
Well my SS gives me my fix of power and noise when I need it, but the LT1 wasn't available back in 2018 either. Had it been, and I got a great deal on it, I would have been extremely tempted believe me lol
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 07:03 PM   #23
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Sometimes late at night enjoying a couple beverages on the back porch I stare at it in the garage and think to myself “this thing looks like a stealth fighter”

Last edited by Scottyz; 02-15-2022 at 04:24 AM.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 07:04 PM   #24
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Pictures don’t do the car justice!
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 07:48 PM   #25
NEZL1

Drives: ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
About that... This is not quite my experience.

Have a bit of a WTF story to tell. So one day, I drove to a friend's house to fix up his Mazda6 that has been sitting for a year(I am driving that car now). This random old guy shows up and tells me that some rich and powerful people in my province drive a Toyota and then he goes on and tells me how I should be humble. Keep in mind that I am Asian, and the old guy assumed I am new to Canada. Maybe 9 years are a short time to some people. And just because someone drives an old Toyota, doesn't mean they can't have a pile of expensive watches sitting inside the house. Just different hobbies, perhaps an even more expensive one.

And before you say it's the colour and it's an SS 1LE... I have a friend with a grey V6 6th Gen Camaro that was getting jealousy which is even weirder. I guess some non-car people see Camaro and think it's expensive? I am kinda flattered if that's the case, but seriously, a well equipped Camry or Mazda6 could be just as expensive as a V6 Camaro.

Sent from toaster or something
So basically jealous of any new car?? I would think that says more about where you live then the car to be fair.
NEZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 01:37 PM   #26
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEZL1 View Post
So basically jealous of any new car?? I would think that says more about where you live then the car to be fair.
Without getting into something more unpleasant, you are right. Let's just say that BC is similar to California in the sense that the climate is probably the main reason why anyone is willing to put up with some of the BS here. Actually, think of a Canadian Cali and you would be halfway there.

When I see a very nice and expensive car, rather than being jealous, I would just praise the car and congratulate the owner on it, ask them questions and learn about the car. To me, there is something to be loved whether it's an Audi R8 or an old, stripped-down Toyota Celica build. Of course, for some people, I would be a little concerned with the car having too much power to them, but otherwise, I don't tell them how to live their lives.

Another thing to mention, kids seem to love Camaros, probably due to transformers. When I drive past school zones at times, there would be tons of kids near the fence pointing at my car. There is actually someone on the forum who owns a black ZL1, dresses up as Batman, and shows up to children's hospitals to cheer them up. It's very heartwarming.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 07:55 PM   #27
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Drives: Camaro
This is my first GM vehicle and I love everything about my 6th gen. The looks are what originally made me want a 2016-2018 before knowing the HP/TQ specs. I personally can't stand the way the 5th gen looks, so, I was pleasantly surprised at the "makeover" of the 6th gen.

But after knowing the specs and both reading about and seeing videos on YouTube of bone stock 6th gens walking modded(not heavily) V8 land yacht challengers, chargers and mustangs of the same year models made me want one even more.

And mods do I have? Yes.
Altered Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 08:08 PM   #28
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
I'm at golf course most everyday and, like today, some old guy about my age will walk up and say, "Man your car reminds me of the 60s muscle cars." And I say, "Yea and its even faster than those cars!" (except for the Thunderbolt, Hemi Cuda and a few others)
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote