Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-30-2018, 12:17 PM   #15
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcastag View Post
I deal with a company that ships products all day every day and they tell me that shipping for corporate accounts is so cheap these days. When I see companies try to price gouge on shipping costs it makes me never want to buy from them.
Not sure this is happening here with ZL1Addons. I understand their shipping rates are higher than those of Amazon and similar companies with ginormous leverage, but IMO this is far from gouging. Shipping on my latest order from was $11.50 coast to coast. In comparison, the vampires known as NJ Transit charge me $15 daily for a train ticket one way just to get to work. Not trying to complain, just putting this in perspective.

I also support smaller businesses, because one, it's more personal and supporting new and small players feels more American to me, two, I don't want to contribute that much to the day when only one retailer remains in business and then the true gouging begins.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 12:36 PM   #16
WCKD 1LE

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Listen man, Email them and ask for a coupon. they gave me a 10% because I told them I was getting a wicker bill, hardware and a tow hook. They can be reasonable.
WCKD 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 12:41 PM   #17
WCKD 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Not sure this is happening here with ZL1Addons. I understand their shipping rates are higher than those of Amazon and similar companies with ginormous leverage, but IMO this is far from gouging. Shipping on my latest order from was $11.50 coast to coast. In comparison, the vampires known as NJ Transit charge me $15 daily for a train ticket one way just to get to work. Not trying to complain, just putting this in perspective.

I also support smaller businesses, because one, it's more personal and supporting new and small players feels more American to me, two, I don't want to contribute that much to the day when only one retailer remains in business and then the true gouging begins.

Damn right brother. These guys are a tiny outfit making most items to order. I've now dealt with them on two separate car's and multiple orders for both. They make a quality product, quick to fix errors or problems and are honest people. They have to make a profit as well to make it worth their time and effort.
Old 10-30-2018, 04:20 PM   #18
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post

I agree. I started this thread in the hopes of finding a way to get a better discount. I certainly don’t want anyone thinking they are greedy because they charge a lot for shipping. The diffuser I was ordering is large and that accounts for the high shipping cost. At first I agreed with the greed comment but that was misplaced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCKD 1LE View Post
Listen man, Email them and ask for a coupon. they gave me a 10% because I told them I was getting a wicker bill, hardware and a tow hook. They can be reasonable.
Yes I emailed them and like I said in post 11 they took care of me with a discount and lower shipping cost. I think they are trying to keep they’re customer base happy but it’s gotta be tough with the price of shipping these days!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 03:01 PM   #19
WCKD 1LE

Yeah, was just about to pull the trigger on a diffuser, until I got hit with the 50$ shiping charge. My wicker was only 25$
Old 12-28-2018, 03:25 PM   #20
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCKD 1LE View Post
Yeah, was just about to pull the trigger on a diffuser, until I got hit with the 50$ shiping charge. My wicker was only 25$
E-mail or call them and see if they’ll give you a break on shipping or discount the part. I found that they’re very responsive! Good luck!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote