Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-20-2016, 12:34 PM   #575
brado_4

Drives: 16' 2SS white npp mrc
just looking at picking between a catback #140688 or a rear axle #11925. i cant decide if i should get the catback and delete the npp valves or keep them and use the axle back and buy the #60607 mid pipes. help?
brado_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:20 PM   #576
gdgraph

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
The cat-back will sound better, a little deeper, a little louder and no drone. I had just the axle-back at first and then installed the mid-pipe and x-pipes (60610) and it made it sound better. Honestly, if you had to sacrifice the NPP you'd be okay, it's not super loud or annoying on the highway or in traffic because it gets progressively louder with higher rpms. I kept the NPP just because it had it from the start but that was just my preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brado_4 View Post
just looking at picking between a catback #140688 or a rear axle #11925. i cant decide if i should get the catback and delete the npp valves or keep them and use the axle back and buy the #60607 mid pipes. help?
gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:39 PM   #577
brado_4

Drives: 16' 2SS white npp mrc
im leaning toward the axle back with the mids. i got the npp so i dont think i want to delete it. i noticed you went with the s type. do you like it? its hard to buy an exhaust without hearing it in person.
brado_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 11:58 AM   #578
CAM-FIFTY

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS
Lisa@Borla,
One question - would 11924/5 exhaust tips fit thru the GM GFX rear fascia? GFX is squared box type around the tips and Borla tips are bigger than stock ones so just wondering.
CAM-FIFTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 11:07 AM   #579
Akkoshi

Drives: 2016 Cameron 2ss
Installed there S Type with cat back pipes and secondary Cat deletes and it sounds awesome. Figment was perfect, the NPP valves work and also make a difference. No drone and no cel. Well worth the money.
Akkoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 03:58 PM   #580
doodlle

Drives: 2016 Black SS Camaro
Borla ATAK no NPP

Hello guys, I had this installed on my 16ss and I have a major "blowing plastic bag" sound when I give it any throttle. The sound is coming from the front/mid part of the exhaust. Has anyone ever had any issues with this? any advice would be outstanding!
The actual exhaust tone is Fantastic however the 'extra' noise is really bad.
doodlle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 04:55 PM   #581
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlle View Post
Borla ATAK no NPP

Hello guys, I had this installed on my 16ss and I have a major "blowing plastic bag" sound when I give it any throttle. The sound is coming from the front/mid part of the exhaust. Has anyone ever had any issues with this? any advice would be outstanding!
Do you have AFM valves? Did you only purchase the axleback or did you do catback?
Megahurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 05:12 PM   #582
doodlle

Drives: 2016 Black SS Camaro
There is no AFM as I have the M6, and CBE
doodlle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 10:11 PM   #583
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Quote:
There is no AFM as I have the M6, and CBE
In that case I would check for leaks.
Megahurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 09:57 AM   #584
gdgraph

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Sounds like a leak (as the people above me are saying). I'd get under to check for leaks, probably near the clamp, if you have just the axle back it's probably blowing by near that "crushed section" of stock pipe, I had the same issue. Borla is aware of the issue, as some of the crushed sections vary in length from GM, Borla gave me a few options and helped me fix it.

I'd give them a call or email them.

Quote:
Borla ATAK no NPP

gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 10:58 AM   #585
brutusvk

Drives: future 2016 SS
It is my camaro 😀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjgreen2 View Post
Not sure who's camaro this is but I felt like it was a great video on the before and after with the borla atak system. I love it. Found this on youtube. Just ordered mine last night, cant wait for it to get here. I will eventually order #60606 down the road.

Lisa, is there any word on if we can swap the tips for the new carbon fiber ones?

brutusvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 11:15 AM   #586
Subperfect

Drives: 16 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutusvk View Post
It is my camaro 😀
sounds great
Old 12-28-2016, 11:41 AM   #587
brutusvk

Drives: future 2016 SS
Just replaced the AFM section monday. Hopefully it will be squared away now. Need to adjust length again. Tips stick out to far again.

Someone was mentioning leaks. I found four links at connectors monday. I fixed them and it really helps the overall sound.
brutusvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 10:33 AM   #588
Laurel

Drives: SummitWhite SS -
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutusvk View Post
Just replaced the AFM section monday. Hopefully it will be squared away now. Need to adjust length again. Tips stick out to far again.

Someone was mentioning leaks. I found four links at connectors monday. I fixed them and it really helps the overall sound.
Like GDGraph I made a business decision and purchased S type (11924) and mid-pipes & x-pipe (60610). The sound is amazing. However after installation, tips stick out way too far. Im a bit disappointed. For the price I paid for this exhaust, I shouldnt have any worries about fit issues. Now I might have to drop more coin to have it adjusted to be flush with the rear.
Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, borla, borla exhaust, borla performance industries, exhaust