Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #127
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
You guys are harsh and overly-dramatic. Not all kids act spoiled or are unappreciative of what our parents do for us. I was EXTREMELY grateful to have gotten my first ride at 15 years old. Sure I would have liked to get the 26" 21-speed aluminum-frame mountain bike, but I couldn't complain about my shiny 24" 18-speed Huffy. I showed my appreciation with nearly perfect grades, extra-curricular activities and graduating top 10 in my class.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #128
Scooter11

Drives: 2013 SW 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro View Post
You guys are harsh and overly-dramatic. Not all kids act spoiled or are unappreciative of what our parents do for us. I was EXTREMELY grateful to have gotten my first ride at 15 years old. Sure I would have liked to get the 26" 21-speed aluminum-frame mountain bike, but I couldn't complain about my shiny 24" 18-speed Huffy. I showed my appreciation with nearly perfect grades, extra-curricular activities and graduating top 10 in my class.
Good for you man, same story with me here. I totally agree with you, and as for modding a v6 I've learned you are the guy to ask!
Scooter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #129
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter11 View Post
Good for you man, same story with me here. I totally agree with you, and as for modding a v6 I've learned you are the guy to ask!
Lol, but seriously, we shouldn't assume all young Camaro owners are brats. From reading this thread, the OP has had more mature responses than some of these self-absorbed "mature" owners.

And thanks! There are plenty of other V6 enthusiasts I turn to for info. Glad I can provide help to others!
Old 04-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #130
Scooter11

Drives: 2013 SW 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarCamaro View Post
Lol, but seriously, we shouldn't assume all young Camaro owners are brats. From reading this thread, the OP has had more mature responses than some of these self-absorbed "mature" owners.

And thanks! There are plenty of other V6 enthusiasts I turn to for info. Glad I can provide help to others!
Scooter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:01 PM   #131
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
If you have a 2010 Camaro and money to spend at age 17 you should be dumping that money in a Roth IRA. And that is coming from a guy that would benefit from you buying parts for your car. It may seem lame but time is your best friend brother. Make it work for you.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:03 PM   #132
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
If his dad owns a shop, he buys and sell at auctions all the time. Getting a 2010 for 8k is by no means a stretch, or even less depending on the amount of work that needs to be done.
I agree. was probably a bank repossession. they just auction them out and don't really care how much they get for them as they send the owner a bill for the difference.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #133
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
Haven't read the entire thread but I'm assuming there are a bunch of people out there trying to bash this kid because of his age and since his parents bought him a 5th gen Camaro. Our stories are all almost the exact same. My parents also bought me a Victory Red V6 Camaro for my 17th birthday, only difference was that they bought it new and with the Rally Sport package . Instead of being upset over the engine I was extremely grateful for what I was given and have continued to work my a$$ off between 2 jobs and going to school full time to buy the car that I truely dream of. Now my plan is to buy the new 2014 C7 Stingray and give the Camaro back to one of my parents.

I would advise doing what I did. Enjoy your car, mod it to make it stand out more and be one of a kind, and then work hard and save up for the car that you really want. Good luck
Nate GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #134
SteelCamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS LS3
I would say at least get a catback to make it sound better.
SteelCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:38 AM   #135
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by er0senn1n View Post
I am a sophmore in highschool (10th grade) and got a 2010 v6 camaro for my 17th birthday. I was wondering if it's worth modding it, will it make a big difference? or should I just keep it stock and in the near future sell it and get a SS? Thanks for feedback
Nobody on the first page thought "Hey it's April 1st" ?
Old 04-07-2013, 08:18 AM   #136
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synerbee View Post
It is impossible and very impractical to move out when you are very young at this point. 18-19 years old.
Today smart phones, computers, high speed Internet and etc. are almost necessities at this point. I can't count how many times we need to use our phone in class.

lol, you don't need any of those things. I moved out when I was 17. no, didn't have a phone, cell phone, cable or any of the other trappings of life. drove around in a 1979 ford mustang POS for awhile too. but back then ('89 I think) people actually valued their independence more than their little toys and designer clothes. that's why you have all these people in their 30's still living at home off mommy and daddy. it used to be you couldn't wait to get out of the house. but that was then, and times have changed UI guess.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #137
Swarm

Drives: 2013 Mustang V6
love how everyone telling a story about how hard life was for them

no one cares...
Swarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #138
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Wagner View Post
Haven't read the entire thread but I'm assuming there are a bunch of people out there trying to bash this kid because of his age and since his parents bought him a 5th gen Camaro. Our stories are all almost the exact same. My parents also bought me a Victory Red V6 Camaro for my 17th birthday, only difference was that they bought it new and with the Rally Sport package . Instead of being upset over the engine I was extremely grateful for what I was given and have continued to work my a$$ off between 2 jobs and going to school full time to buy the car that I truely dream of. Now my plan is to buy the new 2014 C7 Stingray and give the Camaro back to one of my parents.

I would advise doing what I did. Enjoy your car, mod it to make it stand out more and be one of a kind, and then work hard and save up for the car that you really want. Good luck

Op, I see you're in Irving. I got my 2011 Black LS for my 17th birthday and there are a few other "young guns" in DFW if you ever want to meet up.
Attached Images

Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
Factory NPP cat back
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos
Lowered 1.25inch on Eibach Pro springs
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #139
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
lol, you don't need any of those things. I moved out when I was 17. no, didn't have a phone, cell phone, cable or any of the other trappings of life. drove around in a 1979 ford mustang POS for awhile too. but back then ('89 I think) people actually valued their independence more than their little toys and designer clothes. that's why you have all these people in their 30's still living at home off mommy and daddy. it used to be you couldn't wait to get out of the house. but that was then, and times have changed UI guess.
To move to college you actually need that stuff. Life is completely different from when you grew up. Ask anyone who studies sociology or any other field similar to that. Life depends on your "network" of people you know. It is about who you know not what you know anymore. This is why they have job networking sites, because interacting with the public is absolutely necessary to succeed.
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:35 PM   #140
Cobra Kai

Drives: 11 Camaro 2SS/RS VR!
This cannot be real. You know you're getting trolled everyone right?
AAC Concept LED sidemarkers, red strut covers, RPI painted GM strut tower brace, ABL LED Dome light, RPI painted speedo surround & console gauges surround, Gary's Customz bowtie!, Lloyd's custom mats, sequential tails, KMC rockstar wheels!

THE THING THAT SHOULD NOT BE
Cobra Kai is offline   Reply With Quote