Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-30-2019, 10:46 AM   #1
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
Curious - Anyone Use Klasse Products

I have had vehicles ceramic coated and that lasted about a year and then needed to be recharged (~$800 + ~$200 -- white vehicles). I have tried the SiO2 (Hydrosilex) and that lasted about 4-6 weeks after two coats over 2 weeks.

This brings me back full circle to the Klasse All-in-One and Klasse Sealant. The Klasse AIO goes on easy and comes off easy. It takes about he same effort as the SiO2 products. It lasts 3-4 months. The next step is to lay down a good AIO base and then go back the next weekend with the sealant. There is more work with the sealant (cure and rub / buff off). However, this seems to last 6 months or more and be pretty resistant to bugs, rain and dirt. I can just foam cannon and then rinse off. I have an electric pressure washer that does 2100PSI and I use the 40 degree or sometimes the 25 degree when first wetting and then rinsing the car.

Just looking for some other input or opinions. I am older and getting lazier as time passes. The wheels are still tough with the stock pads (I still track the car a bit).
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 11:05 AM   #2
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
I think your plan is sound, however all those products will work a lot better with a finishing polish. Have you used that first? That really increases the gloss better than any last step product of whatever you’re using.

I also think buying products from the same manufacturer amp up everything too. Does Klasse make a finishing polish?
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 11:41 AM   #3
Lafourche1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
I think your plan is sound, however all those products will work a lot better with a finishing polish. Have you used that first? That really increases the gloss better than any last step product of whatever you’re using.

I also think buying products from the same manufacturer amp up everything too. Does Klasse make a finishing polish?
Glen, the All-in-One product is a cleaner / polish. It will remove dead paint or other smaller imperfections.
Old 07-30-2019, 01:24 PM   #4
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafourche1 View Post
Glen, the All-in-One product is a cleaner / polish. It will remove dead paint or other smaller imperfections.
I know that. A cleaner wax is not a finishing polish. Try one and see ....a sample on your car
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 01:41 PM   #5
Lafourche1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
I know that. A cleaner wax is not a finishing polish. Try one and see ....a sample on your car
To be honest, I don't think that I'd put in the time needed to do a full polish. Most of the ones that I've looked at require a buffer and perhaps a level of skill that I may not have.

I only have the car for another 19 months or so.
Old 08-01-2019, 08:51 AM   #6
EJR8402

Drives: 2019 Red Hot 1SS "Scarlett"
You don't have to wait between applying AIO and applying any kind of sealant, including SG. Depending on conditions, it takes 8-12 hours for a coat of SG to cure, and it can be layered for better results.

Make sure you have a bottle of distilled water on hand to apply to the applicator when you apply the AIO. You will likely also need the water to remove high spots when you apply the SG. Don't use quick detailer for this, as it could mess with the curing process. For better results with the AIO, use a DAP.

I recommend using a paint cleanser of some sort before this process, again with a DAP.
EJR8402 is offline   Reply With Quote