Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 07-29-2019, 11:27 AM   #15
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
try some dish soap (preferably clear and no scent) and a kitchen sponge, rinse off, air dry.
Costs maybe a couple cents. Same thing for wheels, use a kitchen dish scrubber and dish soap. I wouldn't buy any special product to clean my wheels and tires. Good old soap and water is cheap and effective.
I agree to a point. Sometimes when a lot of tire shine has been layered on over time, it is easier if you have a tire cleaner with a little solvent. Even just plain orange degreaser will work well.

I really like TufShine tire cleaner. I have tried them all and it will get every last bit of grime off the tires, if you follow the directions. Then you follow with TufShine tire coating and you have shiny clean tires for a good long while.

Oh and a cordless drill with a tire brush attachment helps a lot too!
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 12:21 PM   #16
kaamacat

Drives: 2018 ZL1/1LE Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post
for the contrast in finishes, a nice satin clean tire...without the dressing. What do you use as a straight rubber cleaner to remove grime and oxidation...not a a wheel and tire combo product.
Clean with regular dish soap and water.... or a decent car wash but then dress with Aerospace 303. Wipe on.... sit for a few mins... lightly wipe excess off. Gives a new-tire look w/o any sling or over shine.

2018 ZL1 1LE (Red) - New Dec 2017
2015 ViperGT (Gunmetal w/Red stripes)
2013 ZR1 Anniversary
2014 ZL1 - BrightYellow, 6sp
2011 Porsche GT3RS - White w/red graphics
2009 Porsche C2S
2001 Ferrari 360
kaamacat is offline   Reply With Quote