Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 06-27-2019, 01:25 PM   #29
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
What?

That's exactly what they should do with track pack cars.

Compare the SS and the GT for DD or cruising...that's what they are for.

Everyone has been asking for a same day track comparison of the PP2 and 1LE.
FFS. No everyone has not been asking for that. Why? Because the ****ing Mustang is going to overheat after 2 laps. It means absolutely jack shit what it runs when it will never be able to complete more than 2 laps.

Ford was quoted as saying that the PP2 is not a direct competitor of the 1LE. EVERYONE KNOWS THIS. I'm much more interested in the other quirks and features of these cars than the track results(THAT EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS).
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 01:47 PM   #30
Eric10905
Geezer_loves_Camaros

Drives: 2018 2SS, Black, A8
Quote:
To be fair, the base GT350 isn't on the aggressive compound tires the PP2 and 1LE are. So the stats reflect that. Put them all on the same tire and it would level the playing field.

I'm definitely not a GT350 fanboy - I do think it's overpriced consider the Voodoo engine issues. It is amazing to rev that 5.2 past 8000rpm though and the sounds are glorious!
maybe i need to re-read the article (i'll post it if anyone wants to see and doesn't have it), but the article was about the fact that on the '19 gt350 they changed to exactly the same compound as the GT pp2. Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2. And the performance results that C&D posted were not really different than those of the gt pp2 or SS 1LE. I know it's a camaro forum, ;-), but in talking comparisons to the Ford products, I just find that more than weird. Given it's suppose to be a better version of the GT, and (with higher revs and redline) advertises more HP.
I might have heard one rev in the past, but i have since forgotten.... someone said it sounded more like the exotics than the typical (enchanting) V8 sounds.
Eric10905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 01:56 PM   #31
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
FFS. No everyone has not been asking for that. Why? Because the ****ing Mustang is going to overheat after 2 laps. It means absolutely jack shit what it runs when it will never be able to complete more than 2 laps.

Ford was quoted as saying that the PP2 is not a direct competitor of the 1LE. EVERYONE KNOWS THIS. I'm much more interested in the other quirks and features of these cars than the track results(THAT EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS).
Maybe you should read some of the PP2 and 1LE threads then...because it has been discussed many times over.

Does the PP2 overheat? It did during that one magazine test...others have since tracked it without issues. These two are direct competitors no matter what anyone says.

What is the point of track packs if they aren't tested on the track head 2 head?
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 02:07 PM   #32
GearheadSS

Quote:
Maybe you should read some of the PP2 and 1LE threads then...because it has been discussed many times over.

Does the PP2 overheat? It did during that one magazine test...others have since tracked it without issues. These two are direct competitors no matter what anyone says.

What is the point of track packs if they aren't tested on the track head 2 head?
Well then , by that logic, these cars shouldn't even be made street legal, should they? God forbid that a magazine tests a street legal car.....on the streets.
Old 06-27-2019, 03:45 PM   #33
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Well then , by that logic, these cars shouldn't even be made street legal, should they? God forbid that a magazine tests a street legal car.....on the streets.
Good grief, what a terrible, failed analogy. That logic says we should all just ride autonomous cars that can't break the speed limit...

Why are you so opposed to testing track pack cars on the track, where all their R&D and performance development was done?
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 04:47 PM   #34
GearheadSS

Quote:
Good grief, what a terrible, failed analogy. That logic says we should all just ride autonomous cars that can't break the speed limit...

Why are you so opposed to testing track pack cars on the track, where all their R&D and performance development was done?
I'm not opposed to it all. I'm just not getting my panties in a wad because of them not doing a track test for one article. For all we know, they did test them and they're doing a seperate article on the track.
Old 06-28-2019, 06:22 AM   #35
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
I'm not opposed to it all. I'm just not getting my panties in a wad because of them not doing a track test for one article. For all we know, they did test them and they're doing a seperate article on the track.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do get your point and while many of us hang on the results of a track test, how relevant is this information really? Will any of us be able to go out and duplicate these times, if so at what expense? If your buying a 1LE or PP2 you probably can't afford to burn through a set of tires and brakes every other event.

What is more important to you, the majority of time spent with your car on the street, or the very limited time you might spend on a track.

Finally you mentioned what we all know, the 1LE is the superior track car, even if the PP2 managed to squeeze out a faster single lap we know what happens quickly after that.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 03:09 PM   #36
corsa636

Drives: Ford Focus
Test sheets?

Hello, the article is finally online :-)

Unfortiunatelly we have ther in Germany not full access on the C&D website.

Therefore my questoon, are ther also test shests of the two cars availible?

If yes, can you guys submit me these pdfs?

Maybe the direct link jight work as well?

Thank you in advance!
corsa636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 04:44 PM   #37
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsa636 View Post
Hello, the article is finally online :-)

Unfortiunatelly we have ther in Germany not full access on the C&D website.

Therefore my questoon, are ther also test shests of the two cars availible?

If yes, can you guys submit me these pdfs?

Maybe the direct link jight work as well?

Thank you in advance!
Does this link work for you?

https://hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/fi...1562178164.pdf

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 03:27 AM   #38
corsa636

Drives: Ford Focus
Yes, the specs/ scoring sheet is available...
But are there also these scans of handwritten test sheets for each of both cars available?
corsa636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 12:04 PM   #39
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakCamaro View Post
Coming from the Mustang world (owned a 2017 Mustang) I can definitely tell you that the interior of the Camaro is significantly better. And this comes not just from me, but from everyone who has been in my Mustang and my Camaro. The dash of the Mustang is composed of panels that feel cheap. And they rattle, damn there is a lot of rattling! There is a saying in the Mustang community that goes “if it doesn’t rattle it ain’t a Mustang”. The interior of the Camaro on the other hand is of better quality and it gives the feeling of a higher quality car.

So yes, I definitely disagree with them on the interior.
Ive been around for a long time, and I've never heard that bullshit you just made up lol
Old 07-06-2019, 12:47 PM   #40
MakCamaro
Makis

Drives: 2020 Red Hot ZL1 A10
What is it that you didn't like? The fact that the dash of the Mustang is composed of cheap plastic, or the fact that it rattles? Or the fact that the interior of the Camaro gives the feeling of a higher quality car? Because all these statements are true, whether you like it or not. Sorry mate
MakCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 01:26 PM   #41
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
Ive been around for a long time, and I've never heard that bullshit you just made up lol
Maybe they upgraded the materials in 18 but my 15 GT was awful. Rattles and broken drive mode switches in less than 6 months.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 01:35 PM   #42
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakCamaro View Post
What is it that you didn't like? The fact that the dash of the Mustang is composed of cheap plastic, or the fact that it rattles? Or the fact that the interior of the Camaro gives the feeling of a higher quality car? Because all these statements are true, whether you like it or not. Sorry mate
That's your opinion. I find the extract opposite to be true. The Camaro has a giant slab of plastic across the whole dash, and it just feels cheap. The auxiliary gauges are also placed too low in the center stack, making them useless for getting any useful information while driving. It's poorly designed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
Maybe they upgraded the materials in 18 but my 15 GT was awful. Rattles and broken drive mode switches in less than 6 months.
Im pretty sure they are still the same, I was referring to the guys statement of "if it doesn't rattle it ain't a mustang". I've never heard that in my life. Ive never owned a 5th or 6th gen Camaro, so all my experiences with them have been on test drives, or driving my friend's car. His is a 16 2SS and it rattles like crazy, but I would attribute that to an after market suspension that rides much harsher than a standard car. My current Mustang is my first S550, and ive had no interior issues with it at all.