Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 06-02-2019, 01:27 PM   #15
Torquem
Bannable

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
I pulled the fuse to npp as well. Although my car has never thrown a code that triggered the SES light, it comes up as a code when the dealer reads it.

2017 ZL1 A10 - Hyper Blue Metallic
Rotofab CAI, TM ported TB, AWE non res touring catback with PLP's
Torquem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 02:00 PM   #16
rlarsen462
Sell Low, Buy High

Drives: 2022 ZLE, 2023 ZLE (Inbound)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquem View Post
I pulled the fuse to npp as well. Although my car has never thrown a code that triggered the SES light, it comes up as a code when the dealer reads it.
Really? That's interesting, I definitely wonder if this is it and it just now throws the light as well with the 2019 software. I am going to try plugging the fuse back in and see what happens.

Also sucks as I have an AWE exhaust on order and I'm not entirely sure how to mitigate this if that's the case other than maybe leaving the NPP solenoids/actuators plugged in and just zip tie them up out of the way? Or maybe if I leave the fuse in but disconnect the actuators entirely the code won't trigger?

So many questions haha.
rlarsen462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 02:13 PM   #17
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
I have the corsa and there are no provisions for valves and therefore my wires are taped up and sealed (don't drive the car in rain anyway) and it doesn't throw any codes
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 02:17 PM   #18
rlarsen462
Sell Low, Buy High

Quote:
Originally Posted by closs2sx View Post
I have the corsa and there are no provisions for valves and therefore my wires are taped up and sealed (don't drive the car in rain anyway) and it doesn't throw any codes
Thanks. If my theory is true, the 2018's and older don't throw codes (or at least don't trigger the Check Engine Light, but it's possible that 2019's like mine do throw the light as there were a large number of software and overall electrical architecture changes on the 2019 from what I understand.
Old 06-02-2019, 03:52 PM   #19
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlarsen462 View Post
Another update...I'm really starting to think this could be related to pulling the F51 fuse to disable the NPP valves.

I know that historically this has not been an issue for anyone with previous year models but I'm wondering with all the electronic changes in the car in 2019 due to the new architecture in use (what I think I've read anyway), if there is now an intermittent fault code than can be thrown from this.

The reason I say so is that this is a fault that only seems to be thrown on startup, when the valves would be closing shortly after start in Touring mode only...because although I haven't absolutely confirmed it yet, it seems to only occur when the car starts in Touring mode vs when I leave it in Sport. The car will hold the Sport mode across restarts but if it's in Touring or Track mode, the next start will be in Touring mode (Track mode is not persistent like Sport is in other words).

I will continue investigating and then see if replacing the NPP fuse resolves it.

I wonder if anyone else with a 2019 has pulled the fuse and reported the same code issue?
Hmmm. I removed my NPP fuse. I now have about 600 kms on my car and so far no code. I hope I didn’t just jinx myself.
Also, I didn’t realize you asked where the location of the start relay is. I’m not sure where it is to be honest. I apologize for the late reply. If I come across it I’ll post the location. Often times it’s a fuse box under the hood.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 05:38 PM   #20
rlarsen462
Sell Low, Buy High

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
Hmmm. I removed my NPP fuse. I now have about 600 kms on my car and so far no code. I hope I didn’t just jinx myself.
Also, I didn’t realize you asked where the location of the start relay is. I’m not sure where it is to be honest. I apologize for the late reply. If I come across it I’ll post the location. Often times it’s a fuse box under the hood.
For some reason I thought you'd originally said the starter solenoid which is on the starter body. After I realized you said relay I popped open the under hood fuse box and pulled and reseated all the relays including the starter.

Will have to wait to see if the code comes back now, if it does I will put the NPP fuse back in and see if it comes back. Pretty annoying since it can go like a week or more without coming on.

Definitely let me know if you get any kind of code.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:27 AM   #21
rlarsen462
Sell Low, Buy High

Code came back today. Seems like maybe it's related to taking a short trip, turning the car off, waiting about an hour, and restarting.

I just put the NPP fuse back in and cleared you code to see if that ends up making any difference. I plan to put the factory TB back on as well.

Could there be something related to taking a short trip where the car doesn't fully warm up, then restarting before it fully cools down?

I'm kind of clueless and really trying to avoid the dealer obviously. I guess no one else here has seen this code on their cars right?
Old 06-20-2019, 11:05 AM   #22
rlarsen462
Sell Low, Buy High

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrallyred View Post
DTC P10E4
Ignition On/Start Circuit Source Bypass Relay Control Performance

This is the description on Alldata. Not sure what it means.
When I started searching for this text, I found several threads that had that code description, but referred to P10E2, not P10E4, do they have the same code fault description in Alldata?

Based on the troubleshooting I read for P10E2 it was typically thought to be related to low voltage/battery issues, but all my connects are tight, all fuses and relays are tight, and I haven't had any starting or other voltage issues so I'm not sure whether it's the same code or P10E4 is something else.

Last thing I can think of is if the Weapon-X PTB I installed has been having some sort of weird intermittant issue with the stepper motor that controls the throttle blade? I will be swapping back to stock intake and TB soon anyway, I guess we will see if that resolves it. I can't imagine the ADM intercooler coolant expansion tank doing anything since it has no electrical component at all.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:19 AM   #23
Buzzmanb12

Drives: '17 ZL1
Put the NPP fuse back in and just go into the settings menu and change the exhaust to what you want..
Buzzmanb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 11:23 AM   #24
Buzzmanb12

This thread, 2nd post is how to video:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=556273
Old 06-20-2019, 11:27 AM   #25
Buzzmanb12

All credit goes to Gunkk for posting the video.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:46 AM   #26
rlarsen462
Sell Low, Buy High

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzmanb12 View Post
Put the NPP fuse back in and just go into the settings menu and change the exhaust to what you want..
Thank you!

However, I'm no longer convinced it's the NPP fuse honestly, also pulling the fuse is the only way to keep the valves open 100% of the time in any mode. Even in track exhaust mode the valves close during cruise and during downshifts as near as I can tell.

No one else with a 2019 with the fuse pulled has reported a similar code. I think I have another problem I just haven't been able to figure out what it is. My last best guess is the TB or intake and I am going to put both of those back to stock this weekend probably.
Old 06-20-2019, 12:29 PM   #27
Buzzmanb12

I have had the check engine light come and go a few times as well when I put the ported MAMO TB on, the code I kept getting was for Throttle Position. I have a Micro Mechanic (OBD plug-in) that I use to read codes and reset the check engine light. I'm going to try the SOLER ported TB next, I ordered it yesterday and should get it tomorrow. I'll post seat of the pants results comparing them both and also if there are any codes being thrown.
Old 06-20-2019, 01:28 PM   #28
rlarsen462
Sell Low, Buy High

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzmanb12 View Post
I have had the check engine light come and go a few times as well when I put the ported MAMO TB on, the code I kept getting was for Throttle Position. I have a Micro Mechanic (OBD plug-in) that I use to read codes and reset the check engine light. I'm going to try the SOLER ported TB next, I ordered it yesterday and should get it tomorrow. I'll post seat of the pants results comparing them both and also if there are any codes being thrown.
At least your code makes sense and is descriptive! This one is driving me crazy because it's so hard to tell what it is.

Were you getting the code popping up WHILE driving, or did it only show up when you started the car (and the check engine light failed to shut off like usual)?

I am also considering selling the Weapon-X and getting the Soler myself. What is odd is I have seen several posts that some cars (maybe mine and yours) are just more sensitive to these TB's, someone could put this one on theirs and have zero issue, even if my problem is the TB at all.