Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-12-2019, 02:16 PM   #5097
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
I've been out of this thread too long and trying to catch up. I wish he would post this, but we all know he's lying so he tries to ignore it and let it die.
Just because someone challenges me to something does not mean I have to answer to it or them. If I answered to you then I'd be answering to every Mustang guy on here challenging me to dumb shit all the time and I don't care enough to prove anything to you guys. You guys seem to think that your opinions of me matter when they don't. Think I'm a liar? Ok. Cool. You're welcome to think whatever you want about me. But know that if I wanted to, I could go and buy this car that all you Mustang guys are foaming at the mouth over and not one of you would be able to. LOL!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
technically you said the Ford was the fastest

So technically they passed the competition haha

And so far in magazine testing faster than the RE same as ZL1 lol
Sure.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 02:27 PM   #5098
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
THIS.

With all the praising of the GT500 and what it can do with 760 HP @ $74K, you would think everyone, even the self proclaimed "car guys", would be losing their minds at what the C8 does with 495 HP @ $60K. THAT is much more impressive than the GT500, and honestly makes the 500 seem a bit disappointing as you have said.

I get the interest, the 500 is an awesome car and fits very competitively in the segment, and we don't even have track times yet, so the potential to impress even more is there.

That said, I also don't really see what people are so wild about. People are acting like something about the 500 is groundbreaking and it isn't at all. It is just another awesome choice in an already awesome and competitive segment, and it is the LAST to the market.

The ME Vette though, THAT is groundbreaking, new, and very impressive for the money. VERY.

Ford will likely never have an answer for the C8, with that ME, it is like Ford is in 2020 and GM is in 2040, from a performance standpoint. The GT500 will rarely beat the C8 on the streets, if ever considering the ease of traction in a ME layout.

Ford: "OMG, look at our new GT500 it's so amazing and only costs $74K!"
GM: "Hold my beer."

The 500 would be way more fun to drive though, I will admit that, and that is very very important in a buying decision. Does it make it worth $74K? Not to me personally, especially with only a DCT option.

Honestly though, all these cars are really freaking awesome.
Agreed. And you can buy that performance at a price that is cheaper than even the GT350 NON-R at that. And without markups.

Incidentally, all the 2020 Vettes are sold. I'm glad I got y allocation. I wonder if this will make the demand increase and we'll start seeing markups? LOL!!

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/2020-ch...qG3bcV6X9DGFv4
Old 12-12-2019, 02:29 PM   #5099
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
My minds still intact here. Bravo Corvette. For moving to Mid engine super car sh!t! Double bravo for keeping it affordable! I would have bought a Corvette years ago. If I could fit my Jason Voorhees sized body in one.
Voodoo block. Coyote style cross plain crank. Chevys going bigger than 5.2 with the 5.5. Will they figure out how to keep it from vibrating?
Yeah, it's pretty cool what they were able to do and finally bring out the ME Vette that has been talked about since Zora himself first wanted to do it. I love to see American Manufacturers putting European Manufacturers on notice like they did with the price tag on it too.

I am not sure of anybody can figure out the vibration issues on FPC's so big, I think there is a reason we have seen FPC's for a long time and that they are always smaller in displacement.

From what I understand, the Voodoo is unique in how they chose to balance the crank or something. I will dig ans see if I can find what I read about Ford's approach to handling the vibrations. It may be more a matter or over-engineering certain parts to just deal with it, I am excited for that engine though nonetheless. GM needs to join Ford in the awesome high revving engines.
Old 12-12-2019, 02:39 PM   #5100
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post

Sure.
Oh come on just some fun back and forth

Quote:
Agreed. And you can buy that performance at a price that is cheaper than even the GT350 NON-R at that. And without markups.

Incidentally, all the 2020 Vettes are sold. I'm glad I got y allocation. I wonder if this will make the demand increase and we'll start seeing markups? LOL!!

I am glad you got one. I can't wait to see one in person at the Auto Show in February.

Quote:
Yeah, it's pretty cool what they were able to do and finally bring out the ME Vette that has been talked about since Zora himself first wanted to do it. I love to see American Manufacturers putting European Manufacturers on notice like they did with the price tag on it too.

I am not sure of anybody can figure out the vibration issues on FPC's so big, I think there is a reason we have seen FPC's for a long time and that they are always smaller in displacement.

From what I understand, the Voodoo is unique in how they chose to balance the crank or something. I will dig ans see if I can find what I read about Ford's approach to handling the vibrations. It may be more a matter or over-engineering certain parts to just deal with it, I am excited for that engine though nonetheless. GM needs to join Ford in the awesome high revving engines.

That is one reason I am still not sure it will be 5.5 in the production car. I know the race car version is, but I read in one of the threads the displacement can be different in the production car.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 02:55 PM   #5101
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Just because someone challenges me to something does not mean I have to answer to it or them. If I answered to you then I'd be answering to every Mustang guy on here challenging me to dumb shit all the time and I don't care enough to prove anything to you guys. You guys seem to think that your opinions of me matter when they don't. Think I'm a liar? Ok. Cool. You're welcome to think whatever you want about me. But know that if I wanted to, I could go and buy this car that all you Mustang guys are foaming at the mouth over and not one of you would be able to. LOL!!

Buy that sh!t then. Use all that money you've won. From races that can't be talked about?

Quote:

Vettes have always been the American standard. And they took on supercar fight. Now it's just a fair fight. When they go at the Italians.

Adding cylinders probably the easiest way to cure the vibration.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 03:10 PM   #5102
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
There have been some rumors that Dodge is working on an ACR Challenger, but the people that are buying the Challenger are doing so with the knowledge that it is bigger and has a bit of extra weight.

With Dodge Challenger sales past Camaro and getting close to the Mustang the only people really complaining about the Challenger are Camaro and Mustang owners.
I love the Challenger but its beginning to get tired, so many option packages and models it's hard to keep track of. They need a redesign on a new platform, not more optional packages.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 03:50 PM   #5103
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
If Ford can figure out how to make a 4000 pound Mustang handle. Maybe Dodge can figure out how to make this big girl move also?

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...ger-acr-rumor/
I bet they could surprise us...
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 04:22 PM   #5104
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
That is one reason I am still not sure it will be 5.5 in the production car. I know the race car version is, but I read in one of the threads the displacement can be different in the production car.
That would make a big difference, I am curious as to what the criteria is but anything I have heard or read says the engine has to be the same, what 'the same' means is the question.
Old 12-12-2019, 04:25 PM   #5105
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
I love the Challenger but its beginning to get tired, so many option packages and models it's hard to keep track of. They need a redesign on a new platform, not more optional packages.
I agree. Would love if the rumored Barracuda came to be.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:22 PM   #5106
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Buy that sh!t then. Use all that money you've won. From races that can't be talked about?
I don't have enough respect for you to reply to anything you have to say from here out. I'm done toying with you. I enjoy seeing you make a fool out of yourself but it's old now and I have better things to do. Enjoy your life and talking about cars you'll never own or whatever. If I decide to get a GT500 then you'll see it on here and M6G. LOL!! And you'll be commenting on my post over there not knowing it's me and you'll be drooling all over it and I'll be here laughing at you, HAHA!! Or I'll get a Redeye instead. Or whatever I decide. And you'll still have your 2015 GT. Heck, maybe I'll buy a GT500 AND a 15 GT and then mod the GT and run 9s just to show you that I can have everything you have and things you'll never have. LOL!! Fun stuff. Anyway, I'm done with you.
Old 12-12-2019, 06:01 PM   #5107
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Quote:
I don't have enough respect for you to reply to anything you have to say from here out. I'm done toying with you. I enjoy seeing you make a fool out of yourself but it's old now and I have better things to do. Enjoy your life and talking about cars you'll never own or whatever. If I decide to get a GT500 then you'll see it on here and M6G. LOL!! And you'll be commenting on my post over there not knowing it's me and you'll be drooling all over it and I'll be here laughing at you, HAHA!! Or I'll get a Redeye instead. Or whatever I decide. And you'll still have your 2015 GT. Heck, maybe I'll buy a GT500 AND a 15 GT and then mod the GT and run 9s just to show you that I can have everything you have and things you'll never have. LOL!! Fun stuff. Anyway, I'm done with you.
I'll know it'll be you. You'll be just as stupid over there. As you are here. I might buy a plane. I might buy a train. I might buy a GT. Or live in a teepee.
I might run 9s. Or be road course devine. You sound like a retarded Dr. SEUSS. With all the stupid stories of stuff you MIGHT do.Just do anything you've claimed. Hit 180mph on a road course. Actually race someone. For the love of god.
Old 12-12-2019, 06:08 PM   #5108
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
I bet they could surprise us...
Lets hope so. I like suprises.
Old 12-12-2019, 08:21 PM   #5109
ST1LE

Quote:

Are you buying it for sure, if so how would you order yours? I love the convertible, really bad ass.
Old 12-12-2019, 08:46 PM   #5110
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
This is worth the watch. Especially if you have any questions about
  • When did work start on mid-engine
  • Why mid-engine
  • Why no manual transmission (in scary detail, including that Tadge himself has yet to buy a personal car that wasn’t MT)
  • Driving the DCT like a manual
  • Did GM really consider building both C7 and C8 concurrently?
  • Expanding the Corvette brand
  • ADMs?
  • Sold out?

http://www.autoline.tv/journal/?cat=1513
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote