Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 08-25-2021, 09:20 PM   #57
Revalot

Drives: ZL1/1LE parts added
Location: Somewhere around Texas pines tress and smooth asphalt
My baby here ! I love road racing, years ago we had oak hill in (Henderson)Texas, we have Cression, Texas world in Brain, and now COTA in Austin, I've had a few laps on sport bikes bike and the day. I want to finish paying for my ride before I beat on it on a regular basis, dont get me wrong I run her through the gears, but retirement at 50 last year, breaking a fibula on a ZX14R/ (pit bull dog)this past December(didn't scratch the bike) and moving 2 months ago I have been busy. And I have 1972 6.0 chevelle I'm trying to get around to installing my twin turbo set up. The ZL1 will be tracked about 15-20% of the year, the bikes have and will always be, mostly dragstrip on it, But here is the key to it all.(The picture is the day I drove down to Houston and after checking my credit and driving the ZL1 I pulled it up next to my truck) I got the best of both worlds she even had Atal cat back and ceramic tent and a front wrap with 2700 miles, she has 17K now and lots of curves on smooth back asphalt roads.
This is America purchase what you want !
Attached Images

Revalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 09:27 PM   #58
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly1119 View Post
Its more of a package then an option in my opinion. The package comes with several options. But not trim level I agree.
The package IS an option.

Trim: ZL1
Option: 1LE Package

It is a package because there are several items it adds and removes. For example...

Trim: ZL1
Option: CF hood insert

The hood insert is not a package because it is just 1 item that gets added. Now if the CF hood insert came with HIDs, fog lamps, ram air intake, etc...then it would be a package.

Kinda like how some cars have the option for a "convenience" package which might include items like power tilt steering wheel, power seats...

Or a "driver assist" package which might include uphill start assist, blind spot monitors, auto high beams, auto wipers...

Those are packages like the 1LE is a package. Because there are several items included. However you still have to option that package in.

ANother example is that the PP1 and PP2 are packages that you can option in on the GT. They are not different trim levels because you have to order the GT and then add the PP1 or PP2 package as options. The Mach1 is a higher Trim as is the GT500. Now on the GT500, the CF package is an option but it is not a different trim. It is still a GT500.

Now here's something that is crazy with Dodge. The HC, HC WB, HC RE, HC RE WB, And SRT SS are all separate trims. You cannot add the WB onto a HC. You would have to order the HC WB itself. However you can add different interior packages to the trim you order which might include things like the subwoofer, BLIS, etc etc.

So basically the ZL1 1LE is a ZL1 with the 1LE PACKAGE that has been OPTIONED in. You gotta order the ZL1 and then select the option for the 1LE package and then you can customize it to some extent.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 09:41 PM   #59
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
It is all about your preference. I had a 18 ZL1. Knew it would never see a track. The ZL1 1LE wing and extra ground effects although serve a purpose i did not care for. And I think the ZL1 wheels were much better looking than the 1LE.
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 09:46 PM   #60
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
The ZL1 and the ZLE are the same exact trim. The ZLE is just a ZL1 with the 1LE package added to it. Like the Base C8 and the C8 Z51. So if you have to have every option on the car and if that is what satisfies you then I'm not knocking you. Go for what you desire. But on the same token, down start thinking this high and mighty better than bullshit. Strictly on a track where there are timed events and where you can compare your laps, the ZLE in the hand of a capable driver is going to run a faster lap time. And that can be confirmed when you look at the timers and slips etc. Outside of that, if you are just carving canyons or back roads or what have you, you won't have any idea if you went thru faster in a ZL1 or ZLE...well you still have onboard timers and such. But in a non-controlled environment I highly doubt you would do significantly better in a ZLE to justify paying extra for it.

So if you are going to take it to the track often enough to make it worthwhile, and if you can extract the performance out of it, and if that is the main purpose, then get the ZLE.

If you just HAVE to have every option ticked off and you want to say "hey this is the highest trim fullest optioned Camaro you can get" then that is cool, get the ZLE.

If you want a practical high performance street usable car that might or might not see the track but you want to get the most usage out of it with the best ride quality possible, then the ZL1 is the way to go.

End of the day you can always upgrade the suspension on either...whether you want to upgrade the ZLE for a better ride quality or upgrade the ZL1 for better handling characteristics. So there's that.

Either way both are phenomenal choices and neither one is better than the other. But if you're side by side at WOT, the standard ZL1 is gonna edge out the ZLE. just keep that in mind.

And if anyone truly wants the best of the best, no 6th Gen Camaro of any trim should even be mentioned. The C7 ZR1 will destroy any Camaro. And the C8 Z06 will probably destroy that. And an Aventador will destroy that. And the 720S will destroy that. And the 765LT will destroy that.
Where were you when I created a thread asking if i could change the suspension on the ZLE for better comfort? I thought it was not possible...

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2021, 10:46 PM   #61
semif18

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE White
I say get what you want and don't worry about what other people think.......
semif18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 04:32 AM   #62
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by semif18 View Post
I say get what you want and don't worry about what other people think.......
Well and good except that he ASKED for everyone's opinion.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 11:26 AM   #63
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Well and good except that he ASKED for everyone's opinion.
Lol.

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 12:00 PM   #64
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
ZLE-A10 - anything else you will regret

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 12:13 PM   #65
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Ray View Post
Certainly your opinion, I could argue otherwise but that would be my opinion.
Old 08-26-2021, 12:43 PM   #66
Jslac4eva

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS, Tesla Model 3 Perf
Quote:
That's what I'm hoping doesn't happen. Looks like we have a similar car history though. How long have you had yours?
Jslac4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 12:55 PM   #67
ZX-10R

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Riverside
Isn't there a new ZL1/ZLE thread every month?
ZX-10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 01:17 PM   #68
Z OH 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX-10R View Post
Yes
Old 08-26-2021, 01:39 PM   #69
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Quote:
I have a ZLE and prefer it. It's a weekend, canyons and track car (~10 days/yr) which is what it's perfect for, but that isn't true for many.

If it's a daily, many if not most people would have regrets about ZLE, even if they loved looking at it like I do.

As far as M6 vs. A10, the A10 is great and if I waited until 2019 I may have bought one, but hardcore American sportscar purists seem to prefer manual to auto/DCT when they have a choice (ie not with Ferrari, McLaren, Lambo, etc).

GT3s are purchased in manual 70% of the time in the US, 40% worldwide. I would get a PDK GT3 because the PDK is so amazingly great, but I'd have transmission failure anxiety out of warranty.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 01:48 PM   #70
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX-10R View Post
Yes, and they're all the same.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension, zl1, zle