Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-09-2017, 08:57 AM   #1
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
PPF on the 1LE?!?

So I'm hell bent on getting PPF for my 1LE, this is my first true new car and I plan on keeping it for a very long time so I believe it will be worth it, not to mention if I do track days/auto X a few times a year it will absolutely be worth it.

With that said right now I have Feb 1-3 reserved at a very reputable shop here in the Baltimore area to have their LLumar "Track Pack" PPF applied to my car. This includes full front fascia, head lights, front fenders, side mirrors, A-pillars, full rocker panels, and wheel well edges(rear). This is going to run me about $3k and should be good for up to 10 years, and warrantied for 5. I'm debating whether or not to go ahead and get the full coverage (so the entire car minus what is vinyl wrapped) which should be about $5k.

So what do you guys think, just the Track pack or full coverage?
Old 01-09-2017, 09:06 AM   #2
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
I think a lot of us plan on keeping our cars for a long time but we don't. Just something to think about.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:26 AM   #3
tx6g1le

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE
R3dneck, I did the same with one nuance. I did most of it myself (not perfect mind you) which I'd recommend you looking at since it'll save you about 3/4 of the cost. Lots of youtube, google, and forums out there to help on install.
tx6g1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:27 AM   #4
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Not familiar with Llumars paint protection film. I know they make good window tint, but from what I have read, Xpel is the film to get. I had it on my two previous cars with great results as well.

I am having my installer come to my house next week to do my car. I am getting the whole nose of the car done, having the small factory film on the sides in front of the rear tires removed, and getting that whole area redone with much better coverage, and having some also added behind each tire on the fenders. The hood obviously has the wrap on it, so no need there. Some do the areas below the door and trunk sills, but being this isn't my daily driver, and I am super careful with my feet, and don't ever use my trunk, I don't do that. In the past I have done my mirrors, but I am not on this car as I think I may be painting them white in the future. All this will cost me about $750-$800. The price you were quoted seems high to me...that $3000 should be well under $2000 for what you describe.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:29 AM   #5
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx6g1le View Post
R3dneck, I did the same with one nuance. I did most of it myself (not perfect mind you) which I'd recommend you looking at since it'll save you about 3/4 of the cost. Lots of youtube, google, and forums out there to help on install.
I haven't seen yours, but installing this stuff perfectly is an art. I am OCD, and anything less wouldn't cut it for me. So, with that being said, I personally would highly recommended a professional installer to do it...
Old 01-09-2017, 09:38 AM   #6
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx6g1le View Post
Most of the cost is actually the film itself (top of the market, very expensive), so yes it is expensive but it's worth the extra cost of having a pro install it versus doing it myself and it either not looking perfect or me screwing up and having to redo sections which would drive the cost way up.

I guess I should be more specific with my question. Do yall think the Track Pack coverage is enough or should I do the whole car?
Old 01-09-2017, 10:06 AM   #7
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
I guess I should be more specific with my question. Do yall think the Track Pack coverage is enough or should I do the whole car?
More than enough.

I would also research that film more, a childhood friend of mine owns a high end shop in Boston and another in LA, and I asked him what film he thought was the best (they use all types) and he again recommended Xpel Ultimate. Not saying Llumar may not be top notch as well, I just have never heard of anyone using that.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:10 AM   #8
seanblurr

Drives: ZL1 1LE
I have Xpel on JUST the front bumper/headlights/rocker panel rear quarter (where the factory film was, but much bigger). I understand the benefit to a wrapped car, but I also understand that this is just a Camaro that will be driven. I don't think a full body wrap worth $5K is needed on such a car. Just my opinion.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:10 AM   #9
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
More than enough.

I would also research that film more, a childhood friend of mine owns a high end shop in Boston and another in LA, and I asked him what film he thought was the best (they use all types) and he again recommended Xpel Ultimate. Not saying Llumar may not be top notch as well, I just have never heard of anyone using that.
Solid advice. It would be at least a good idea to look into. Those are huge price differences.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:39 AM   #10
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblurr View Post
I have Xpel on JUST the front bumper/headlights/rocker panel rear quarter (where the factory film was, but much bigger). I understand the benefit to a wrapped car, but I also understand that this is just a Camaro that will be driven. I don't think a full body wrap worth $5K is needed on such a car. Just my opinion.
There is film applied at the factory? Does it need to be removed before Xpel?
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:42 AM   #11
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
Yes, in front of the rear tires...and it has to be removed if you choose to put larger film on.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:00 AM   #12
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
Yes it's a very small patch though, easy for them to remove.

Also I think the general consensus is the Track pack is more than enough. I'm also getting 30% tint put on and the roof wrapped to match the hood, can't wait to see how it comes out!
Old 01-09-2017, 12:05 PM   #13
Gen5er
Mack da M1SS1LE

Drives: 2017 Summit White 1SS 1LE
Quote:

Also I think the general consensus is the Track pack is more than enough. I'm also getting 30% tint put on and the roof wrapped to match the hood, can't wait to see how it comes out!
I do believe pics are mandatory once you make a statement like that. Hope you have your camera ready buddy.
Old 01-09-2017, 12:13 PM   #14
tx6g1le

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE
Quote:

For reference R3dneck. I like it and it's easier to maintain imho. The XM fin is a real PITA but a professional can knock it pit pretty quick. Looking forward to photos!