Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 10-23-2018, 12:56 PM   #15
itsadryheat79

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE (2)79Z28 72RS 67SS 69Z
Send a message via Yahoo to itsadryheat79
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Looked up my vin there are 3 recalls on the car now, newest is dated 10-21-18 and is for adding more tape to some of the wires in the engine bay, Here are 3 PDF files with the recalls.

IMO the new one can be done by any one, all there doing is adding some Tesa tape, we stock them and so does Amazon.
Has GM announced a recall?

These attachments list the (3) issues as internal Service Bulletins and can be billed back to GM as warranty repair work on an as needed basis.

Calling them a recall would infer that GM wants them back ASAP because of a safety or liability issue and is encouraging owners to return to the dealership specifically for a recall service.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:15 PM   #16
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsadryheat79 View Post
Has GM announced a recall?

These attachments list the (3) issues as internal Service Bulletins and can be billed back to GM as warranty repair work on an as needed basis.

Calling them a recall would infer that GM wants them back ASAP because of a safety or liability issue and is encouraging owners to return to the dealership specifically for a recall service.
There service Bulletins, think one other user said they where recall's, its my falt if i posted that too.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 01:53 PM   #17
Lethal Z
American Gearhead!!

Drives: ZL1 1LE/GT350/Ford RS/Gen 2 Raptor
If you note the ZL1 1LE Vin thread and the build date of the OP and the other member that had recall issues, you will see they both are early builds; Jan 2018 and earlier. I would assume GM made changes to models since the 1st quarter.

Additionally, if you register your car at my.chevrolet.com you can check your specific vehicle for recall notices. My 1LE was built in May 2018 and as of today there are 0 recalls.
Lethal Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 02:36 PM   #18
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Hmm I would pay attention to these SBs. My 5th gen ZL1 was bought back by GM for a short they could not find. What a 4 month mess.
Old 10-23-2018, 04:26 PM   #19
waterman

Drives: Grandad's C2 L89
Interesting, following thread.
Old 10-23-2018, 05:36 PM   #20
itsadryheat79

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE (2)79Z28 72RS 67SS 69Z
Send a message via Yahoo to itsadryheat79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Hmm I would pay attention to these SBs. My 5th gen ZL1 was bought back by GM for a short they could not find. What a 4 month mess.
^ ^
Exactly - because a "SB" Service Bulletin that applies to your car will NOT appear as a recall when using my.chevrolet.com
Old 10-23-2018, 06:38 PM   #21
SoCal Smith

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE A10
I purchased my 18 ZL1 in Nov of last year and recently took it in to do all the TSB. I was/am still having issues with the car. The car would stall and have StabiliTrak errors. Go into limp mode/stuck in a 3rd or 4th gear. Now it has a phantom "service stabilitrack" " Service rear axle" and now the trunk and license plates light dim as the motor cranks....

I just noticed the lights dimming this morning and taking it now. Seems to be an electrical issue.. /shrug

This was a dream car for me but not it is a nightmare :(
SoCal Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 06:44 PM   #22
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
If we go to the dealership is there anyway we can have them search for service bulletins specifically for our VIN ?

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:02 PM   #23
SoCal Smith

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
If we go to the dealership is there anyway we can have them search for service bulletins specifically for our VIN ?
The TSB came out last Thursday. I'm at the dealer now. It is optional and they will only do it if you have them symptoms like me

(I'm at the dealer now...)
SoCal Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:16 PM   #24
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Looked up my vin there are 3 recalls on the car now, newest is dated 10-21-18 and is for adding more tape to some of the wires in the engine bay, Here are 3 PDF files with the recalls.

IMO the new one can be done by any one, all there doing is adding some Tesa tape, we stock them and so does Amazon.
So, if I bring in my car to the dealer, will they do the 3 TSB's as preventive maintence OR does my car have to have symptoms?
Old 10-23-2018, 09:38 PM   #25
ccw

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal Smith View Post
I purchased my 18 ZL1 in Nov of last year and recently took it in to do all the TSB. I was/am still having issues with the car. The car would stall and have StabiliTrak errors. Go into limp mode/stuck in a 3rd or 4th gear. Now it has a phantom "service stabilitrack" " Service rear axle" and now the trunk and license plates light dim as the motor cranks....

I just noticed the lights dimming this morning and taking it now. Seems to be an electrical issue.. /shrug

MY 2018 ZL1 1LE is doing something similar. What CEL codes are you getting? And please keep us posted on the repairs.
ccw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:01 PM   #26
BMWM.D.

Drives: ZL1/335i
I’d advise everyone here to take a look at the area shown in the third service bulletin PDF that gen5diy posted. I just took some time to fix mine, more or less following the bulletin procedure.

I’m sure all cars are a little different, but my harness was making hard contact with that sheet metal below the big ground cable in the engine bay. It hadn’t worn through the plastic conduit yet, but there was a big gouge from the harness riding against that edge. I’m quite sure that with more use, it would have eventually caused an intermittent short.

I had a roll of cloth electrical tape, zip ties, and some protective sheathing (came off one of my stock intercooler hoses) on hand, so I gave it a shot. I wrapped the affected area in the tape, then added a section of sheathing that I secured with zip ties. Then I tried to position the harness so it was no longer putting so much pressure on that edge. Should be good to go now.

I haven’t taken a look at the one on the engine yet, but I will. The one near the ABS module looked ok on my car, but I’ll pick up one of those fasteners and do it for good measure. I could see the one near the fuse box causing all kinds of crazy problems.
BMWM.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:49 AM   #27
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
The TSB came out last Thursday. I'm at the dealer now. It is optional and they will only do it if you have them symptoms like me

I think this is ridiculous that dealerships wait for you to have the problem before addressing it. I’m going to bring my car to the dealership and try to butter them up to get this corrected. I don’t want my car stalling out on me in the middle of nowhere or while I’m merging onto a highway. Cause my luck with this car that’s exactly what will happen.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:38 AM   #28
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:

It to bad that for the cost of a lunch, in parts you have to go true this, that is a $70+k car, and for $10 more, the right amount of tape to keep this from happening was not used.

Quote:
They don't like to look up any thing, that is the way most dealers work.

Quote:

I call bs on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
So, if I bring in my car to the dealer, will they do the 3 TSB's as preventive maintence OR does my car have to have symptoms?
^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccw View Post
MY 2018 ZL1 1LE is doing something similar. What CEL codes are you getting? And please keep us posted on the repairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM.D. View Post
I’d advise everyone here to take a look at the area shown in the third service bulletin PDF that gen5diy posted. I just took some time to fix mine, more or less following the bulletin procedure.

I’m sure all cars are a little different, but my harness was making hard contact with that sheet metal below the big ground cable in the engine bay. It hadn’t worn through the plastic conduit yet, but there was a big gouge from the harness riding against that edge. I’m quite sure that with more use, it would have eventually caused an intermittent short.

I had a roll of cloth electrical tape, zip ties, and some protective sheathing (came off one of my stock intercooler hoses) on hand, so I gave it a shot. I wrapped the affected area in the tape, then added a section of sheathing that I secured with zip ties. Then I tried to position the harness so it was no longer putting so much pressure on that edge. Should be good to go now.

I haven’t taken a look at the one on the engine yet, but I will. The one near the ABS module looked ok on my car, but I’ll pick up one of those fasteners and do it for good measure. I could see the one near the fuse box causing all kinds of crazy problems.
Quote:
I think this is ridiculous that dealerships wait for you to have the problem before addressing it. I’m going to bring my car to the dealership and try to butter them up to get this corrected. I don’t want my car stalling out on me in the middle of nowhere or while I’m merging onto a highway. Cause my luck with this car that’s exactly what will happen.

So we want to help, if any of the 8K+ owners of the 17-18 ZL1 and ZL1-1LE want to know if you have open service Bulletins on your car PM us and will look it up and Pm you back, we ask you be patient we do have a lot of work, but will help out best we can.

one more thing GM will only fix this till you warranty is in effect, so if you can get it done.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote