Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 04-28-2017, 03:09 PM   #15
Squatch
Camaro pilot

Drives: 69 Camaro, 2014 ZL1
I love how they all scream it is banned from NHRA...its not that it is so much as banned, as it doesn't have the safety features a 9 second car has to have at the track, IE roll cage, fuel shut off etc. That's the only reason it was banned, rest is just a marketing ploy by Dodge. I see some lightly modded GT-R's told they cant race at a drag strip for being too fast w/o the gear. Dodge is getting the word out about this car though, great marketing .
Old 04-28-2017, 03:20 PM   #16
Aboynamedsue

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
This is a complete joke. A Tesla Model S P100D clocked 0-60 in less than 2.3 seconds by Motor Trend. We had better ban electric cars, too.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:52 PM   #17
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
That's one of the stupidest suggestions I've heard since...ever.

If the vehicle meets or exceed required safety and regulatory standards for public roads, than there's no reason it should be treated differently. And that's the whole point of the Demon...a street legal drag car.

Who wrote the original editorial...a Prius driver tired of feeling inadequate?
Old 04-28-2017, 05:01 PM   #18
Burnt Rubber

Drives: 1991 1LE & 2017 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
Worst case scenario is they get banned in New York. I can live with that.
Why not New Orleans.I can live with that. Just kidding! I have had more powerful street cars over the years than the Demon. No they were not delivered from a new car dealership but they were loud and fast. I see tubbed cars with huge meats with blowers that almost blocked the windshield driving on major highways and unless your doing something really stupid they are not stopped. Somebody is always trying to lump us into a group of trouble makers in our hobby. We have lost all of our tracks here on Long Island N.Y. because we are udesirables and troublemakers and the land is more valuable for condos than a race track. So better to race in the streets than on a track. Sorry for the rant but I'm getting disgusted how some people view our hobby.
Burnt Rubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:25 PM   #19
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Might Not Have To Worry About The Demon After all.....

http://www.autonews.com/article/2017...-off-our-roads

Honestly though if this happens I'm going to laugh so hard I might bust a gut.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:28 PM   #20
fattyz28

Drives: 20 2SS 1LE
Not that I want one, but people need to mind their own business.
fattyz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:28 PM   #21

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
This is exactly the sort of publicity the Demon and Dodge are hoping for....It fits right in with their bad-boy target audience and in-your-face marketing plan.....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:36 PM   #22
Bow Tie Affair

Drives: 6th. Gen ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
This is exactly the sort of publicity the Demon and Dodge are hoping for....It fits right in with their bad-boy target audience and in-your-face marketing plan.....
This was probably paid for by Dodge. If you think something like this might happen, it only makes most people want it more.
Bow Tie Affair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:48 PM   #23
Zl1steve

Drives: Zl1
I would love to push the idiots face that wrote that in the mud and stand on there head for a bit. So should a 200 mph crotch rocket be banned also? Lol.
Zl1steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:02 PM   #24
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Would be funny if this is Dodge pulling some strings haha. There's far faster and far more dangerous things, bikes and cars included, on the roads. This is America...

*EDIT*

Oops, sorry didn't realize it had already been posted, sorry for the double and thanks for fixing @ the admin that moved it.

Carry on.
Old 04-29-2017, 01:19 AM   #25
SoCal Racer

Drives: C4,C6 Z06,Silverado,'17 Red Hot ZL1
First of all, this is not the first time this topic has been brought up in automotive history. If anything is going to stop the horsepower wars, it's going to be the rapid depletion of the world's oil supply which has in turn pushed forward the rapid development of Electric, hydrogen, and ethanol vehicles. And yes, I own a Volt as well as a ZL1 and a handful of Corvettes. And I probably put more miles annually on the Volt than I do on all of my sports cars combined. Most countries in the world don't even sell (or have even heard of) a Camaro ZL1, a Hellcat, or a GT350/500...or anything like it. Most countries have already switched the majority of their vehicles over to alternative fuels way ahead of us. Gasoline is just too expensive around the world now. America is different, we will not be giving up our 526, 650, 707, or our 840...I am actually interested to see which Muscle car makes it over 1000hp first...

One of the reasons, it really is not much of a problem is that there really are not that many of these super muscle cars around if you think about it realistically. Someone mentioned a 1000hp Bugatti...how many of those do you see driving around? It's not like you could go down to your local grocery store and stand there for a day, a week, a month, or even a year and be guaranteed to see one go by...well, I live a reasonable driving distance from Beverly Hills, so if I pick a grocery store there, then maybe...but they are more Ferrari/Porsche snobby people there...not Bugatti people...anyways back on topic, I have had my ZL1 for about 5 months and I have yet to see another on the road...not even one...Hellcats here and there...a few GT350s...no ZL1s. On the other hand I see Giant F150s every 20 seconds or so on the road and those guys like to run really fast, speed limits are non-existent to them.

The article does not say anything new or something that the average car person would not understand. I mean, when Dodge announced the Demon had a spare pair of thin drag wheels in the trunk and came stock with one driver seat only...did we really believe that was a "street" car? I understand it is street "legal", but there has been many people on this forum that picked the ZL1 over say a Z06 because it had two back seats...and they are not seats. They are more like storage compartments or shelves (lol). From a non-car person's point of view, a Demon must seem really out there...like a non-gun person seeing someone have 20 different AR-15s, 37 handguns, a shed full of grenades, and a bazooka...lol....
SoCal Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:43 AM   #26
zipline

Drives: chevy
Gotta love what we call the US "media" at this point in time. Look how our media treats the President of the United States. Anyone who doubts that our "media" is totally biased and dysfunctional needs to be reminded of ABC's Martha Raddatz a former debate monitor when she actually broke down on national television when it was clear that Hillary Clinton had lost the election.
zipline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 12:23 PM   #27
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipline View Post
Gotta love what we call the US "media" at this point in time. Look how our media treats the President of the United States. Anyone who doubts that our "media" is totally biased and dysfunctional needs to be reminded of ABC's Martha Raddatz a former debate monitor when she actually broke down on national television when it was clear that Hillary Clinton had lost the election.
Old 04-29-2017, 04:46 PM   #28
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Where Does Leave Cars Like the ZL1? Is this the beginning of the end?? Say it ain't so.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/...5&ocid=DELLDHP
Just wait, next article to be written about muscle cars will be that their carbon footprint is just TOO big and anything over XXX cubes should be banned.

Oh course it'll be written by an electric car driver who has yet to figure out that the power for their car comes from a coal plant.
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote