Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 07-19-2018, 04:32 PM   #29
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Thought process is jacked up...You don't buy a 1LE version for top end speed as that is not the proper application or was anywhere near what the engineers considered. Get the A10 ZL1 if you want to brag about your Camaro being able to go 200mph.

Stating the ZL1 1LE as having Shortcomings for no marketing about it's top end, while not praising it's brilliance about how it conquers going into & out of corners is indeed trolling or ignorance. THAT is what the damn car's application is all about. I think the OP just likes the looks of the wing & dive planes & now bitching about the downforce's success??
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 05:26 PM   #30
jjgi5150

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
IMO, the ZLE is a great road/track car. Plenty of creature comfort options, superb handling, power and braking. The factory GY's are fine in dry SoCal weather, far better than the 2x's more expensive Trefeo's on my '15 Z/28.

If a rough ride is offersive, this is probably not the forum to be on. Yes, the off-idle throttle issue is there for most of the M-6 Zl1's, but l'll live with it for all the other good things.

JJ
2023 Hyundai SF Calligraphy
jjgi5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 05:40 PM   #31
greaser2

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1 KG
People get manuals and realize they made a mistake. Lots of used manual ZL1 ‘s end up on the market
greaser2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 06:50 PM   #32
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
This.

I have cars traded in from all brands/makes with 5000 miles or as few as 500 miles...Sometimes people realize the car just wasn't for them or they wanted something else after all. These people make dealers and banks lots of money.

Exactly. My '14 Zl1 traded it in when it had 7k miles. Bought a '15 GTR. Traded that in at 8k miles on a '16 Z06, which I traded in on my '18 Zl1. Z06 had 6k miles. Bought a '17 Maserati Gran Tursismo, sold it with just 900 miles and bought a Merc C63 AMG. And yes, the dealers love me cus they know I'm coming back to buy something within 6 months to a year. lol.

There was no specific reason other than I wanted a new car. Period.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:27 PM   #33
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM2GO View Post
You guys don't think it's because of the ZL1 1LE's short comings, (i.e. Advertised Top Speed never achieved or came close, M6 Bog Issues that still remain unresolved)???

I'm not bashing, just stating the facts.
1 - Top speed
Exactly how many people are looking up the top speed of a ZL1 1LE, buying one, attempting that top speed, not being able to get it, and then returning the car? The vast majority of these cars will never see the track. And there aren't many opportunities to actually take it on a road and hit top speed safely. So that is a bit of a silly question. Plus not every ZL1 1LE with every driver will always hit the posted top speed on every road and any time of the year. And even if it didn't, you'd have to be a complete moron to return it for that. Like, how many times are you going to hit top speed anyway?

2 - Bog issue
There is no bog issue. The car was programmed that way from the factory. It is doing exactly what it is supposed to do. Plus the ZL1 1LE was built for the track. Any issues that occur trying to launch it in a straight line are out of it's purpose anyway. Plus it might be perhaps that the ZL1 1LE requires launching it in a way that is not typical or that most people are not used to. I'm sure I would not have any issues launching one.

3 - Facts
You did not state any facts. You asked a question and then made an assumption and asked us if we think that is the reason. The answer is no, that is not the reason. So again, those are not facts. I have not seen all of these ZL1 1LEs that you're talking about. Most dealerships out here have sold ZL1s and ZL1 1LEs within days if that long. Some of them, such as in my case, the car was sold before it even arrived to the dealership. Mine was signed for 2 days after the dealership got word that it was coming and before I ever even saw it.

4 - to answer your question
More than likely a part of the reason is that people are holding off for the Redeye, ZR1, GT500, etc. Another reason could be that GM does not try hard enough to move Camaros. And that is reflected in the dealership's overall attitudes. The Camaro more than likely is not GM's money maker. Another reason is that some people buy cars and don't drive them. I see plenty of Hellcats with less than 5K miles, GT350s with less than 5K miles, etc. Some of these cars are bought as toys for people who just want something to play with every now and then. Once they're done or bored they get rid of it. There are many reasons why you'll see these types of cars with very low miles. But the reasons you listed are a bit silly.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:29 PM   #34
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim202 View Post
What is the advertised top speed?

I think I saw someone (on here maybe) did the maths and figured out with 6th gear ratio the redline top speed is ~198. But I haven't been able to find out what Chevy says is the actual top speed.
The standard ZL1 is 198 MPH top speed. I'm not sure if that is the M6 or the A10. The ZL1 1LE top speed is slower. It is "only" 190 MPH.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:33 PM   #35
FASTNUF

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 White Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal Z View Post
Because they were wussies and couldn't handle it.
Haha, so true!
FASTNUF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:29 PM   #36
1LE Red Dragon
Train Driver

Drives: 2018 Summit White ZL1 1LE
From the 2018 Camaro brochure. Top speed 191 mph on ZLE. Auto coupe is 198mph. Those are the only ZL1 variants they wanted to advertise.

Not sure why it's rotated. Just tilt your head.
Attached Images

/ / Katech TB // RotoFab Dry // Borla 60606 // ATI Super Damper / /
1LE Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:36 PM   #37
mdmoore23

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
I've been in the market for a ZL1 1LE but have learned not to purchase the first production run of a new model.

I also now see a bunch of Used, low mileage 2018 ZL1 1LE's being traded-in and returned to the Dealerships.

Why do you thing new owners are returned these ZL1 1LE's when the car is not even broken in?
This not buying first production runs is a crap mentality. I've nbought several cars that were first year models and had zero issues. You also save money because cars typically increase as the generation goes on. And if one does have issues, it's a new car and that's what warranties and buybacks are for. C7's, Mustangs, Hellcats, etc have all increased in price throughout their current generations (the Hellcat went up freaking $5k from 15 to 16). So sit on the fence if you want, but you'll pay for it.
mdmoore23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 09:03 PM   #38
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
This is why Im not buying new anymore. People trade new cars months after purchase for god knows why. It isnt just the ZL1 1LE. Its damn near any car made these days. Crazy to me that people want to lose all the money getting out from under a new car. I have my eye on two regular ZL1s right now watching to see if they are around until fall when I will most likely pick one up even chaeper. Ive been waiting patiently and its going to pay off. I think many people try to live outside their means these days.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 09:16 PM   #39
FringBirdAloha

Drives: Pre-production ZL1 M6
Quote:
You guys don't think it's because of the ZL1 1LE's short comings, (i.e. Advertised Top Speed never achieved or came close, M6 Bog Issues that still remain unresolved)???

I'm not bashing, just stating the facts.
Top speed is like 190 something, do you really need more? No bog issue. Just aggressive programming to save the transmission from being blown up.
FringBirdAloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 09:25 PM   #40
m3bs

Drives: '19 ZLE, S54 E36M3
Where are they all? Certainly not in my area. I’ve been looking.

Seats, harnesses and roll bar would be a plus......
m3bs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 09:32 PM   #41
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Like others have said. There are a lot of ignorant car shoppers out there. People that see the car on instagram, or on the dealerships and fall in love with it visually. They walk into the dealership already in love and not knowing what the ride is like or how impractical the car can be in a daily situation. Salesman gets a hold of their ears and boom, car is sold. 2 months later the person is complaining about the stiff ride or that they can’t see out of the back window because of the wing so the car gets sold.

Or even worse, the car goes sideways on them and they get scared of it.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:04 AM   #42
Badgerbimmer

Drives: ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post
Actually, the term you are seeking is "drivel." As in: Cut your interminable drivel, you meddling little troll.
2012 Audi S4
1992 Porsche America Roadster
1990 BMW 325Ic
Badgerbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote