Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-02-2020, 02:36 AM   #15
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
I’ll say they are hard to find used right now. The 16-18 models seem to be holding better value than the 19s by far. I saw several barely used 19 2SS for $31K whereas 17-18 models comparable were 34-35K

But yeah vehicles are stupid high if you want a truck or SUV. I remember in 2013 I could get a loaded LT or XLT brand new for 27-30K and 1-2 year used for 23-24K, now they’re 45-50K new with discounts.
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 02:37 AM   #16
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
Local dealer has the same four v6 camaro's out on the lot that were there at the beginning of the year.
Meh, probably competition more there, v6’s are everywhere
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 05:39 AM   #17
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Need to see the competitors as well.

Sales of a "fun car" during a pandemic caused economic melt down won't be high. Surprised that it's that high.

And yes, GM plants have simply been down and only started coming up in last few weeks.

And the odd one is the Blazer. Almost 80,000 per year in a down quarter. Hardly saw any at launch, but now I see them quite frequently.
Old 07-02-2020, 06:21 AM   #18
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
People are spending money, just not on new autos or bikes. I have a friend that works in the toy industry and he said they have never sold so many campers, boats, side by sides, & 4 wheelers. I have a Harley and am a member of a Harley forum too. All these same conversations are going on in that forum too. Bikes and Autos are CRAZY expensive.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 06:51 AM   #19
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
I bought my 2020 in March for about 6000 off. And this dealer offered me 4000 more for my 2017 Camaro SS than the other clowns I had been going back and forth with for weeks in a matter of 2 days.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 06:53 AM   #20
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
I looked at some new cars to possibly replace my Charger with as a daily. Nothing new is worth another payment to me, let alone for the prices they are asking. Even with 0% for 72 months, they're just asking more than I'm willing to pay. That goes for all the Big 3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post
Had Chevy dropped 0/84 on the 2020 Camaro as was with a lot of the Chevy line up I would have moved 1LE > ZL1 but they didn't...
People understand that the cost of a car is much more than the payment. Honestly, I don't care that I didn't get 0% on my car because the big expenses for me are going to be property tax year after year just to own it. I will pay more in taxes in two years than I will in interest over the life of the loan. Having a thirsty V8 that runs only on premium adds to the expense as well, and then you have to factor in that the tires are an annual or every other year expense as well for many. So, yeah, people are going to be buying hybrids and 4 cyls to get to work (when they get a job), not a cost center for fun on the weekends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
People are spending money, just not on new autos or bikes. I have a friend that works in the toy industry and he said they have never sold so many campers, boats, side by sides, & 4 wheelers. I have a Harley and am a member of a Harley forum too. All these same conversations are going on in that forum too. Bikes and Autos are CRAZY expensive.
Toys are popular because you can go off and play by yourself. Trips, vacations, family reunions, etc. have all kinds of restrictions on them. So, the money is available for buying toys instead...
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:09 AM   #21
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
I bought my 2020 in March for about 6000 off. And this dealer offered me 4000 more for my 2017 Camaro SS than the other clowns I had been going back and forth with for weeks in a matter of 2 days.
I took a '20 for a ride before I bought my used Camaro. The dealer here will not budge. They offer "No Hassle" pricing, so the price they have listed is the price you pay and they will not negotiate. They had 0% on trucks, I asked if that applied to the Camaro.. Nope... There were not any other dealers in my area that even had a 2SS Camaro.
Old 07-02-2020, 08:43 AM   #22
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
While not good numbers all things considered they weren't down to much compared to Q1 of 2020. Only down 510 cars.

Very curious to see how Mustang & Challenger did in Q2 compared to Q1
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:50 AM   #23
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
I took a '20 for a ride before I bought my used Camaro. The dealer here will not budge. They offer "No Hassle" pricing, so the price they have listed is the price you pay and they will not negotiate. They had 0% on trucks, I asked if that applied to the Camaro.. Nope... There were not any other dealers in my area that even had a 2SS Camaro.
For those that are able to negotiate, "No haggle pricing" or "Best price first" type of stuff is a reason to avoid a dealership completely. It's code for "we rip everyone off the same." It was actually how the Saturn line operated and many people appreciated knowing that they were getting the same deal as everyone else. I would never, EVER buy a Saturn because of that pricing model no matter what kind of car it was.

Lots of dealerships in this area are being consumed into larger ones that are doing so purely to create an environment where there's no competition and they don't have to offer price breaks.
Old 07-02-2020, 08:50 AM   #24
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
There needs to be more incentives on the Camaro. Cars are not selling very well as it is and Camaro is a sporty 2 door, which most people would not even consider. It's all trucks and SUV's.

When I bought my 2019 left over Silverado LD in May there were huge incentives on it- which was a huge factor in my purchase. a 44.5K truck sticker I got for 28K. If they would have a similar incentive on the Camaro, they would for sure sell more of them.
Old 07-02-2020, 08:52 AM   #25
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
There needs to be more incentives on the Camaro. Cars are not selling very well as it is and Camaro is a sporty 2 door, which most people would not even consider. It's all trucks and SUV's.

When I bought my 2019 left over Silverado LD in May there were huge incentives on it- which was a huge factor in my purchase. a 44.5K truck sticker I got for 28K. If they would have a similar incentive on the Camaro, they would for sure sell more of them.
There's no point in offering incentives on a car that doesn't sell in large volume to begin with and has very low national inventory.
Old 07-02-2020, 09:26 AM   #26
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
For those that are able to negotiate, "No haggle pricing" or "Best price first" type of stuff is a reason to avoid a dealership completely. It's code for "we rip everyone off the same." It was actually how the Saturn line operated and many people appreciated knowing that they were getting the same deal as everyone else. I would never, EVER buy a Saturn because of that pricing model no matter what kind of car it was.

Lots of dealerships in this area are being consumed into larger ones that are doing so purely to create an environment where there's no competition and they don't have to offer price breaks.
Yep, this is the issue here... I will not buy from Bergstrom Automotive. They have the entire market wrapped up here in my area and this is exactly why they do what they do. I go out of the area for vehicles because I can negotiate a FAR better price.
Old 07-02-2020, 09:35 AM   #27
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
it's not surprising. no inventory, people out of work. my local dealer actually moved their used cars over to the main lot because of lack of inventory.
Old 07-02-2020, 10:07 AM   #28
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
The entire dealership model of selling cars is antiquated and most consumers absolutely abhor it. It's time to sell cars differently.
But not "just differently"... Carvana will not negotiate and their prices are mediocre at best. I had a HORRID experience when I reached out to the dealership where I ultimately bought my car. So bad that I tracked down the email of the GM (which they don't publish) and wrote to let them know of the completely inappropriate way my inquiry was handled.

Ultimately, I bought the car from the Sales Manager who was great to work with. He and I talked about my initial contact and how it was handled, and he admitted that had I brought that up BEFORE the current situation, he would have essentially ignored me. But, in light of how HIS work changed, he understands the digital sales portion of the business much better now.