Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-15-2020, 11:36 AM   #1
KarmaKrush

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Pinch welds 2019

The dealership flared my fenders by lifting improperly. They won't take responsibility for it.

What are the chances of it getting fixed properly at a collision center?

Has anyone here gotten them fixed? If so, did they look brandy new?
KarmaKrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 11:52 AM   #2
Jaystroh

Drives: Camaro RS 2LT
Dealership crushed my left one lifting wrong and they took care of it. They tried to act like they didn’t do it at first but after talking to the manager he agreed to take care of it. I had them do something else at a discount as well so I’m sure that helped sway them. Guess not all places are as easy to deal with. Funny cuz my left side looks perfect now and the right side in front of rear wheel is all sand blasted from the road lol!
Jaystroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 11:56 AM   #3
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
This is why I mention this to dealership when bringing it in. Plus I always take pics of the area before bringing it in as well. I'm not taking any chances
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 12:52 PM   #4
JT Camaro

Drives: 2018 ZLE
pics?
JT Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 12:57 PM   #5
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Lift pads are an absolute necessity in these cars.
Old 11-15-2020, 01:14 PM   #6
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Yes they need to take responsibility for doing it. Talk to the Service manager about it and let him see the damage. Don’t try to go thru the Service Advisor for this since you, I assume, already have gone that route. It’s not a difficult fix if not damaged severely. When I had new tires installed on my 2016 2SS that I used to own, the tire shop did this and they took responsibility and had one of their techs fix both sides. I talked to him about it and he told me he used to work in a body shop and had repaired Corvettes that had the damage too. Good luck!
Old 11-15-2020, 01:34 PM   #7
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
Man, that sucks! Your stealership doesn’t take photos of the vehicles before taking them into the service bay? The service writers at the one I go to take pictures of all four corners and the interior. They won’t take any car in unless you give them permission to take pictures first.
STYLO LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 02:07 PM   #8
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
Not sure how they can weasel out of it. Service managers and writers go over cars with a fine tooth comb looking for damage when ever you check them in. If the damage was there before they worked on it then it should have been listed in the original write up.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 02:09 PM   #9
Azerlazer26

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
Ohhh boy... where do you want me to begin about these god d**m front fenders buckling....
I’ve had my front fenders bucked more times than I can remember at this point. They can be fixed and look brand new. As others said, GET LIFT PADS FOR YOUR CAR!!!
Azerlazer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 02:27 PM   #10
Invertalon

Drives: 2021 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
Lift pads are an absolute necessity in these cars.
This exactly.

No question on IF you need them, you do. Really stupid design to make it so difficult to lift. At least if you design it this way, include proper provisions already from the factory at a minimum.

I tried a few types of pad adapters, different ways to lift the car, etc... It's just too risky and the rocker panel is just always in the way at risk.

I picked up a pack of the lifting pads off Amazon and they worked perfectly. I ended up buying another pack, since they only come in 4-packs, so I can add them to all six of the positions. Lifting is no longer stress inducing and all goes smoothly.

Gave the other two extra pads I had to a fellow forum member to use for his!
Invertalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 03:00 PM   #11
Allez

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invertalon View Post
This exactly.

No question on IF you need them, you do. Really stupid design to make it so difficult to lift. At least if you design it this way, include proper provisions already from the factory at a minimum.

I tried a few types of pad adapters, different ways to lift the car, etc... It's just too risky and the rocker panel is just always in the way at risk.

I picked up a pack of the lifting pads off Amazon and they worked perfectly. I ended up buying another pack, since they only come in 4-packs, so I can add them to all six of the positions. Lifting is no longer stress inducing and all goes smoothly.

Gave the other two extra pads I had to a fellow forum member to use for his!
Which did you get?
Allez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 04:07 PM   #12
Orange ss

Drives: 19 camaro19mustang72 chevelle 67pon
Its to bad that don't make jacking rails for these car like other companies do for the S550
Orange ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 05:29 PM   #13
KarmaKrush

Drives: Chevy Camaro
I have lift blocks!!!!! I told them, I showed them and it so bowed out almost bent now.

I live by a collision repair shop and made an appointment for the first to get them to take the rocker panels off to access the damage.

Dealership is a piece of garbage. At this point, I don't care about paying out of my pocket.. It looks so freaking ugly
Attached Images

KarmaKrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 06:04 PM   #14
Orange ss

Drives: 19 camaro19mustang72 chevelle 67pon
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaKrush View Post
I have lift blocks!!!!! I told them, I showed them and it so bowed out almost bent now.

I live by a collision repair shop and made an appointment for the first to get them to take the rocker panels off to access the damage.

Dealership is a piece of garbage. At this point, I don't care about paying out of my pocket.. It looks so freaking ugly
Thats horrible..does your door rub the fenders when opening the door?
Orange ss is offline   Reply With Quote