Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 04-25-2017, 09:43 PM   #1
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Just picked up my 17 ZL1!!!

WOW!! WOW!!

So initially the dealership thought the car wouldn't arrive for about a week or two. Then they said it'll be here by Wednesday. So today they called me and said it was already there and that it is ready for me to pick it up. So I went, gave it a good ole test drive, and brought her home. And wow man, what an unbelievable car this thing is. The power it has is amazing. I have never owned anything even close to it!! Here is my review...

My first drive was in the rain, lol!! And this thing just hugged the road and did not give up. Never lost grip, nothing. Of course I didn't plant my foot in it. But I did do some spirited driving and it never lost it's balance. On the ride home at 70-80 mph she just had such control. This car inspires such confidence and begs you to drive it hard and fast. How you can drive a 650 hp/tq in wet weather without soo much as even a slip is unbelievable. It just has such control and manners. But that pedal, under it, is a monster...a well dressed, polite, monster!!

That engine paired up with that 10 speed trans is just out of this world. At virtually any speed, mash the throttle even slightly and it wants to take off. From a light it can either behave or go insane. The steering is tight but not overpowering. The brakes will get things under control in no time. And it handles like it is on rails. I hear that the 1LE version of the ZL1 handles even better. To be honest, if it does, the I can only imagine...because this car handles like a dream.

Interior noise levels, well, besides the exhaust, are minimal if you ask me. The interior is cozy and intimate. Everything you need is right there. And it is easy to learn. Some cars take a good amount of time learning how to use their features. This thing is simple and easy to use. Yet it has lots of features. Enough that you will never get bored driving it. If you do get bored in it, then just mash that pedal, lol!!

I gotta say, this is a very well built, well thought out, nice, powerful, safe, comfortable vehicle. I am an enthusiast. But even a brand loyalist would have to appreciate such a magnificent machine. Oh...sorry to end this soo abruptly...the road is calling me and I've been typing too much. I didn't buy this to type about it...going out for a drive...sorry to cut my review short. I'll be back when my gas tank is on E, lol!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 09:58 PM   #2
Blue17CamaroZL1
650HP soon to come

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1
I'm still waiting on mine. Hopefully will be here this week

Blue17CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 11:01 PM   #3
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
WOW!! WOW!!

So initially the dealership thought the car wouldn't arrive for about a week or two. Then they said it'll be here by Wednesday. So today they called me and said it was already there and that it is ready for me to pick it up. So I went, gave it a good ole test drive, and brought her home. And wow man, what an unbelievable car this thing is. The power it has is amazing. I have never owned anything even close to it!! Here is my review...

My first drive was in the rain, lol!! And this thing just hugged the road and did not give up. Never lost grip, nothing. Of course I didn't plant my foot in it. But I did do some spirited driving and it never lost it's balance. On the ride home at 70-80 mph she just had such control. This car inspires such confidence and begs you to drive it hard and fast. How you can drive a 650 hp/tq in wet weather without soo much as even a slip is unbelievable. It just has such control and manners. But that pedal, under it, is a monster...a well dressed, polite, monster!!

That engine paired up with that 10 speed trans is just out of this world. At virtually any speed, mash the throttle even slightly and it wants to take off. From a light it can either behave or go insane. The steering is tight but not overpowering. The brakes will get things under control in no time. And it handles like it is on rails. I hear that the 1LE version of the ZL1 handles even better. To be honest, if it does, the I can only imagine...because this car handles like a dream.

Interior noise levels, well, besides the exhaust, are minimal if you ask me. The interior is cozy and intimate. Everything you need is right there. And it is easy to learn. Some cars take a good amount of time learning how to use their features. This thing is simple and easy to use. Yet it has lots of features. Enough that you will never get bored driving it. If you do get bored in it, then just mash that pedal, lol!!

I gotta say, this is a very well built, well thought out, nice, powerful, safe, comfortable vehicle. I am an enthusiast. But even a brand loyalist would have to appreciate such a magnificent machine. Oh...sorry to end this soo abruptly...the road is calling me and I've been typing too much. I didn't buy this to type about it...going out for a drive...sorry to cut my review short. I'll be back when my gas tank is on E, lol!!
E on the gas tank means, Extraspecial, Extrafast, Everybodywantsone,

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:23 AM   #4
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Congrats Chap... Just watch out for those pot-holes
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:31 AM   #5
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Congrats! Enjoy your new ride!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:09 AM   #6
Ferntree

Drives: Jeep GC; GMC K1500; Maserati 222 4V
Pictures...or it didn't happen!! LOL

You're never too old to learn something stupid.
Ferntree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:48 AM   #7
nancygrl
雪の玉

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferntree View Post
Give him some time....He posted real late yesterday, I'm sure he'll get pics up as soon as he's able.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:56 AM   #8
catdog

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 pdr roof CF blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancygrl View Post
Congrats Chap... Just watch out for those pot-holes
Congrats! Can't wait to get mine... any day now
What color?
Post pics!!!
catdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:58 AM   #9
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferntree View Post
LOL!! Yea yesterday was a very long day. Between the weather, returning my 10 SS back to stock, driving around to get parts shipped out that people bought from me, getting to the dealership to sign everything and pick it up, and getting to the liquor store...needless to say I was wiped out. I posted tons of pics last night but didn't get a chance to get them on here. I'll have to re-size them. So I'll have them up some time tomorrow or Friday!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 11:42 AM   #10
nancygrl
雪の玉

^^ I'll bet you're wiped out...I remember putting my '11 SS back to stock... and on top of everything else you had to deal with...very tiring indeed
Old 04-26-2017, 12:09 PM   #11
TDS

Drives: 2019 Jeep Rubicon Sold:2017 ZL1 A10
Welcome to the club!!!
Ordered 2/11, 2000 2/14, 3000 2/20, 3100 2/24, 3300 3/7, 3400 3/8, 4300 3/16, 4B00 3/21 Bayed at train yard in Ohio, 4200 3/26 All Abroad for the West Coast, 4800 4/4 Deliverd to portland train yard, 5000 4/7 3:00AM Deliverd to Dealer, 6000 4/7 6:45PM Delivered to Customer
TDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 04:14 PM   #12
Burnt Rubber

Drives: 1991 1LE & 2017 Red Hot ZL1
Congrats man. What are you going to name this one?
Burnt Rubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 04:41 PM   #13
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
Pics or it didn't happen. J/K. Congrats!!
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:06 AM   #14
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Awesome, enjoy the new ride!

Michael
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote