Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-16-2016, 08:05 PM   #1
Fred25

Drives: 2SS Garnett,black enblems,AR Wheel
Mid Season Part Change...Ground Effects 2

I bought the first SS in Garnett to my Dealer end of last year. I added the Ground Effects package which I thought looked great with the American Racing wheels I bought. Well I traded my car in because of a transmission problem which I documented here. Now I added what I thought was the same ground Effects package. Well Chevy changed it. Instead of replacing the entire rear valance it became an accent. Which looks way better and does not totally encapsulate the entire exhaust pipes. Hugh improvement. Went with Hyper Blue for the change and silver ground effects. After I wash the car I will post pictures tomorrow.
Fred25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 07:26 PM   #2
Nachos17

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS A8
Do you have any pics yet? Curious to see the difference.
Nachos17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 09:34 PM   #3
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I want to see this Blue and Silver combo!
FNxR3DNECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 06:11 PM   #4
Fred25

I apologize I washed the car and got some pics I need my wife to show me how to down load off my I phone to my Microsoft computer. Everyone who has seen the HYPER BLUE and SILVER have loved it. The ground effects are different in silver in color but not form. A closer look will show when you buy black everything is black, but when my silver GEs came in the rear valance is black and still circles the exhaust pipes, but the trim from wheels to under LP is silver. I will try to get photos to the puter.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:26 AM   #5
JeffPA2ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred25 View Post
I apologize I washed the car and got some pics I need my wife to show me how to down load off my I phone to my Microsoft computer. Everyone who has seen the HYPER BLUE and SILVER have loved it. The ground effects are different in silver in color but not form. A closer look will show when you buy black everything is black, but when my silver GEs came in the rear valance is black and still circles the exhaust pipes, but the trim from wheels to under LP is silver. I will try to get photos to the puter.
So what happened to your pictures???

I was thinking of the Ground Effects for my Camaro and I like the idea of not having to replace the entire rear valance....just waiting to see a picture to see exactly what the new one looks like...
Old 09-20-2016, 09:09 AM   #6
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
I need my wife to show me how to down load off my I phone to my Microsoft computer.
Oh boy, sounds like we may never get to see these.

In seriousness: Thanks in advance whenever you get around to this. Hopefully it is a legitimate change and not just a red herring.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:34 AM   #7
TrickracenLS3

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Red Hot
These pics files must be HUGE, taking 5 days to upload, but most likely its because its an iphone lol.
Current: 2016 Tahoe LT
Current: 2018 Mini Countryman S
TrickracenLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:47 PM   #8
crabman

Drives: Sniffin the tree.
C'mon gents, we all know you can lead the wife to pictures but you can't make her download them. He is probably waiting for the new coffee table to show up before he asks.
crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 03:09 PM   #9
RenegadeXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickracenLS3 View Post
These pics files must be HUGE, taking 5 days to upload, but most likely its because its an iphone lol.
I'm starting to bet at this point that the dealer ended up skipping the rear GFX installation just because this is a pain in the butt to get on and requires removal of the bumper cover. There have been stories on these forums of dealers simply leaving the rear uninstalled for that reason.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=463805

My bet is that rather than GM radically redesigning the rear GFX this early on, his dealer installed something else to try to dupe him out of doing the complete job. We'll see how this unfolds. Eventually?

Or circling back to this same point, maybe GM redesigned it because the original rear valence really as a tremendous PITA to install.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:25 PM   #10
Fred25

I deserve this Honey Pls help !!!
Old 09-21-2016, 12:59 PM   #11
RenegadeXR

Quote:
I deserve this Honey Pls help !!!
At this point I'd suggest the following:

1) Follow the instructions here to download Imgur for your iPhone
http://www.gottabemobile.com/2015/06...m-your-iphone/

2) When you get to the step where you copy the link to the image from within the iPhone app, just go to the Camaro6 forums directly on your iPhone's browser, navigate to this thread, create a reply, and hold down your finger on the text box until the "paste" button appears so you can paste the URL to your photo. If you followed the steps in that article correctly, the URL to the picture is already in your clipboard and ready to paste.