Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-27-2019, 06:32 PM   #15
davesnever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Yeah I thot so! Here's where it went. Might have had a knight rider LED strip in the mail slot before or hidden behind the grille somewhere.

https://www.amazon.ca/Scanning-Knigh...19647177&psc=1
davesnever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 06:45 PM   #16
NSTAG8R

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2013 2LT RS
Doggone!! Trying get one thing fixed and now this. The car does have puddle lights. Passenger door has the “bat signal”. Driver door is just a circle.

Still have run down the DRL issue. Will run it down eventually.

Thank Dave!!
Old 10-28-2019, 10:19 AM   #17
NSTAG8R

On my Dodge, I have fog lights. i can turn my parking lights on by turning the knob, in order for the fog lights to come on, I have to gently pull the knob out. Is this the same procedure for turning on the DRL on the Camaro?

I have pushed on the Camaro knob but nothing happens. just wondering if it has to be gently pulled out in order for the DRL to work?
Old 10-28-2019, 01:15 PM   #18
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSTAG8R View Post
On my Dodge, I have fog lights. i can turn my parking lights on by turning the knob, in order for the fog lights to come on, I have to gently pull the knob out. Is this the same procedure for turning on the DRL on the Camaro?

I have pushed on the Camaro knob but nothing happens. just wondering if it has to be gently pulled out in order for the DRL to work?
You have the RS package which makes those little lights down there Daylight running lights. If you didn't have the RS package then yes you would have the fog lights. All this stuff of pulling out the knob is crap. When you have the fog lights(Which you don't have) you push the button in where the light switch is. Go to page 5-2 in your manual and this will explain the fog lights.
Old 10-28-2019, 03:34 PM   #19
NSTAG8R

I am going to figure out what is wrong with those DRL. Now that I know what the black box is I will probe the wires at the DRL/bulb connection for voltage.

I will check out the other technical topics for front end connectors/plugs and maybe there is a separate part of the wiring harness that lead down to the DRL that the previous owner may have unplugged and hopefully not cut.
Old 10-30-2019, 10:36 AM   #20
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
I am going to figure out what is wrong with those DRL. Now that I know what the black box is I will probe the wires at the DRL/bulb connection for voltage.

I will check out the other technical topics for front end connectors/plugs and maybe there is a separate part of the wiring harness that lead down to the DRL that the previous owner may have unplugged and hopefully not cut.
On your car, the only way to turn on the DRL's (from the factory, unmodified) is to have the car on with the lights in Auto. If you have a manual vs automatic the procedures that turn them on are a bit different. For instance in the manual the DRLs will turn on with the car running, but then turn off when you apply the parking brake. Automatics will turn off in Park, not sure if the parking brake adjusts it. So have someone hold the brakes in the car with it running in neutral to verify the lights don't work before going any further.

But looks like the problem is most likely to due to modifications malfunctioning, which is a whole different can of worms!
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 01:16 PM   #21
NSTAG8R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
On your car, the only way to turn on the DRL's (from the factory, unmodified)
We tried everything this past weekend, in park, in drive, auto lights, non auto lights.

Going to take the knight rider lights off too, its a Chevy product, not a Pontiac.

I didn't want to start probing with a volt meter until i found out what the black box was with wires coming from it.
The previous had also installed a strip light of sorts under the dash connected to a kind of hidden toggle switch.
Old 10-30-2019, 01:43 PM   #22
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Did you check the plug on the passengers side in the wheel well like I suggested. That plug is what controls the DRL's.
Old 10-30-2019, 02:53 PM   #23
NSTAG8R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldman View Post
Did you check the plug on the passengers side in the wheel well like I suggested. That plug is what controls the DRL's.
I must have misunderstood your suggestion. I did not, I did pull it back far enough to see/check the two wire pigtail that goes to the DRL.

I will do that very soon.
Old 10-31-2019, 09:01 AM   #24
davesnever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
We tried everything this past weekend, in park, in drive, auto lights, non auto lights.

Going to take the knight rider lights off too, its a Chevy product, not a Pontiac.

I didn't want to start probing with a volt meter until i found out what the black box was with wires coming from it.
The previous had also installed a strip light of sorts under the dash connected to a kind of hidden toggle switch.
You might be better off just pulling the whole front bumper cover off to check all the connections and see what the previous owner has done. It's a bit of a pain in the ass but at least you will be able to easily sort things out that way. The cover is not too bad to get off just a few bolts are a bit hard to reach.
davesnever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 02:27 PM   #25
NSTAG8R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldman View Post
's.
is this the pug i am looking for?
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2019, 02:01 PM   #26
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Quote:
It looks like it. Does it lead to the DRL in the picture?
Old 11-02-2019, 05:46 PM   #27
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
that plug goes to the DRLs as well as the sidemarkers if I'm not mistaken.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 08:27 AM   #28
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
that plug goes to the DRLs as well as the sidemarkers if I'm not mistaken.
It does, and by the pic he has DRL lights.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote