Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-08-2016, 09:27 AM   #29
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI Tuning View Post
EFI Tuning will have the intake and TB available on the website later today. We will try to keep a couple of units on hand when possible but due to the time needed to port the intake and TB we cannot guarantee immediate shipment. Payment will guarantee your position in the queue. If you are holding off on wanting to tune for warranty reasons this is an excellent option for increased HP and TQ. EFI Tuning will be offering calibrations for E0/E10 and Flex Fuel (E85). We should have dyno results with E85 within the next couple of weeks.

I will update this post when the website is updated.

Thank you,
Tim

Maybe a foolish question, but will you be locking the tunes? Due to time constraints it would be worth it to me to pay for a calibration that is close enough to be safe and then I can fine tune it for my location/weather.
Megahurtz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 04:40 PM   #30
EFI Tuning

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
Maybe a foolish question, but will you be locking the tunes? Due to time constraints it would be worth it to me to pay for a calibration that is close enough to be safe and then I can fine tune it for my location/weather.
I've spent a considerable amount of time thinking through this question. In order to offer tunes at a reasonable price and protect my IP my policy will be to lock the tunes. I realize this may be a turn off to some people but there is not a mechanism in place that will protect the IP and still let people modify the tune on their own. I have many many hours on the Flex Fuel calibration alone. Some areas are pretty straight forward. Others will not be obvious to some tuners. Other tuning businesses can do their own homework.

If someone chooses to do a remote tune I will have no problem making changes for the customer if there is data to support the change is needed (ie. needs a tweak to timing or AFR). If a new modification is introduced and the tune is needed to be changed for that reason it will have a cost associated with it.

I am open to other options but it is important that the investment I make in generating the calibrations is protected.

Thank you,
Tim
EFI Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 04:44 PM   #31
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI Tuning View Post
I've spent a considerable amount of time thinking through this question. In order to offer tunes at a reasonable price and protect my IP my policy will be to lock the tunes. I realize this may be a turn off to some people but there is not a mechanism in place that will protect the IP and still let people modify the tune on their own. I have many many hours on the Flex Fuel calibration alone. Some areas are pretty straight forward. Others will not be obvious to some tuners. Other tuning businesses can do their own homework.

If someone chooses to do a remote tune I will have no problem making changes for the customer if there is data to support the change is needed (ie. needs a tweak to timing or AFR). If a new modification is introduced and the tune is needed to be changed for that reason it will have a cost associated with it.

I am open to other options but it is important that the investment I make in generating the calibrations is protected.

Thank you,
Tim
Understood, thanks for the answer.
Megahurtz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 01:02 AM   #32
1LE caSSper

Drives: White 1LE
Lol looking back.. WHAT A BUSINESS venture this manifested into

1LE caSSper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 04:24 AM   #33
PRAY

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE caSSper View Post
Lol looking back.. WHAT A BUSINESS venture this manifested into

Yea, who knew. Definitely wasn't the plan but I am very happy I have been able to serve so many forum members so far. I look forward to continuing. What a great group of people in here.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:15 AM   #34
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
I want to make sure I understand something on locked tunes, at least from what I remember in the past. If you lock the tune that means even the dealer cant flash anything into the ECM/TCM if they are locked, correct?
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote