Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-21-2020, 08:22 PM   #43
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yessa View Post
All this talk about how fast we can go? Guess what? Ever heard of jail or prison? We have speed limits AND cameras on every corner. Speed kills any-way. Speed is over-rated unless you want to Race your Camaro. Wake up people!

Interjecting and assuming a general stereotype about how people drive is arrogant. Are you the speed police?

Like anyone who owns a sports car is going to drive it like a Prius 100% of the time is stupid thinking, on the other side, most people who own sports cars pick their spots and are responsible.

Go take your extremist, elite attitude to a protest rally.

Sell your Z/28 and go buy a Prius. I'll speed up the next two replies for times sake... To which your comment will be, take it to the track, to which I will reply how many sports car owners are there in the US, how many tracks are available and accessible in the US?

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 11:02 PM   #44
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
Interjecting and assuming a general stereotype about how people drive is arrogant. Are you the speed police?

Like anyone who owns a sports car is going to drive it like a Prius 100% of the time is stupid thinking, on the other side, most people who own sports cars pick their spots and are responsible.

Go take your extremist, elite attitude to a protest rally.

Sell your Z/28 and go buy a Prius. I'll speed up the next two replies for times sake... To which your comment will be, take it to the track, to which I will reply how many sports car owners are there in the US, how many tracks are available and accessible in the US?
I agree that he took it too far IMO, and most of us can't resist the urge to punch it on the street now and then, myself included. That being said...

1. "most people who own sports cars pick their spots and are responsible" unfortunately no, the opposite is true... the ever-growing number of burn-out marks down busy boulevards and thick multi-layered doughnut circles in intersections throughout residential neighborhoods across the country is ample evidence that isn't true--most, not all, young male owners of high HP sports cars do not have good judgement.

2. "how many tracks are available and accessible in the US" there are plenty of tracks in the US, so many more than in most countries (I have 5, not including drag strips, but that's an exception)... some owners in remote less populated areas may have to drive a long way to reach one, but most people don't--you just need some patience to wait for that opportunity to go nuts at high triple digit speeds legally, the opportunities are there.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:13 AM   #45
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Quote:
All this talk about how fast we can go? Guess what? Ever heard of jail or prison? We have speed limits AND cameras on every corner. Speed kills any-way. Speed is over-rated unless you want to Race your Camaro. Wake up people!
Ladies and gentlemen, we present the only driver to have never gone over the posted speed limit on public roads. A round of applause please.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:30 AM   #46
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Typical Z28 owner.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 10:44 AM   #47
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maro_89 View Post
1. Have any of you traded your ZL1 1LE for a regular ZL1 for any particular reason?

2. Since the ZL1 has fog lights and the ZL1 1LE does not, does it make a big difference in illuminating the road to see better at night?

3. Is the ZL1 1LE much slower than the regular ZL1 in a straight line race due to the aero setup or is there not much of a difference in acceleration in both during high speeds?

4. Are there any limited interior features in the ZL1 1LE over the ZL1 or are they pretty much both the same?

5. Are maintenance expenses between the ZL1 1LE and ZL1 the same (if not tracking either)? Brakes,tires,etc.
1. Most do because they hate the ZLE ride.
2. No.
3. Not below 100+ mph
4. Same.
5. "R" composition tires will be more expensive to keep on the car. Everything else is more or less the same.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:26 AM   #48
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
What talk are you referring to? Are your drunk and confused about what thread you're in?

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:36 AM   #49
HoodCheck

Drives: 2018 ZLE (M6/hyper blue)
Quote:
The autobahn disagrees with ya brotha. While there are speed limits in places on it, much of it is just floor and go, and it has a lower accident rate than US highways, cities, etc. I know my ass isn't going to drive 35 on a back road with no cars simply because they posted a speed limit 30mph slower than every person drives on it (that is common in my area of FL actually; super low speed limits set on wide open roads where not a soul would drive that slow). I'm not likely to drive 135 on it either though.
HoodCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:44 AM   #50
HoodCheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Typical Z28 owner.
Nope, its not...
Old 05-22-2020, 11:51 AM   #51
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Someone has clearly never driven across Kansas or Wyoming.
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 12:36 PM   #52
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodCheck View Post
Nope, its not...
It was a joke, and I even thought of your posts when I wrote it knowing you'd probably jump in. All good.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 12:45 PM   #53
HoodCheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
It was a joke, and I even thought of your posts when I wrote it knowing you'd probably jump in. All good.
ROFL I knew you were joking brotha. Although I do want to find out where Yessa is in FL; I might be interested in his.
My ZL1 has grown on me to the point I may buy a Z/28 and keep the ZL1 though. It took it 6 months, but hey, its all good.
Old 05-22-2020, 01:06 PM   #54
racer01

Drives: 19' ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly1119 View Post
My 18 ZLE has a backup camera thats a full screen.
Understood. The difference is the review mirror (up on the windshield) turns into a camera for better visibility in some situations on the newer non-1LE. That is an addition to the backup camera, and is an additional camera in the ZL1's wing. Doesn't exist on 1Le. No big deal really, but is a difference between the two. You can use it anytime, and doesn't turn off when moving forward.
racer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 02:42 PM   #55
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
I agree that he took it too far IMO, and most of us can't resist the urge to punch it on the street now and then, myself included. That being said...

1. "most people who own sports cars pick their spots and are responsible" unfortunately no, the opposite is true... the ever-growing number of burn-out marks down busy boulevards and thick multi-layered doughnut circles in intersections throughout residential neighborhoods across the country is ample evidence that isn't true--most, not all, young male owners of high HP sports cars do not have good judgement.

2. "how many tracks are available and accessible in the US" there are plenty of tracks in the US, so many more than in most countries (I have 5, not including drag strips, but that's an exception)... some owners in remote less populated areas may have to drive a long way to reach one, but most people don't--you just need some patience to wait for that opportunity to go nuts at high triple digit speeds legally, the opportunities are there.
1.) I mostly disagree there. Most of the skid marks, etc are from a minor select crowd called street racers and they are in all kinds of cars, mostly souped-up imports, not sports cars. I would wager that 80% of sports cars owners are responsible.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 03:55 PM   #56
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
1.) I mostly disagree there. Most of the skid marks, etc are from a minor select crowd called street racers and they are in all kinds of cars, mostly souped-up imports, not sports cars. I would wager that 80% of sports cars owners are responsible.
Agree.

I once belonged to a club known as the Mission Valley Corvettes and Cobras (Retro Shelby roadsters). We excluded other car models simply because more affordable pony cars where owned by younger drivers. Consequently they had a tendency to be irresponsible. Those who can afford a more expensive car tend to be older and act like it.
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote