Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Audio / Visual / Electronics/ Gauges / Nav

Old 07-04-2023, 11:59 PM   #15
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FasNuf View Post
at the timestamp 10:24

https://youtu.be/ZbXbsThQNFQ
Thank you...I figured I just missed it somehow. This looks so sick!
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 06:19 PM   #16
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Ok as promised the update after install.
The gauge unit fit perfect. The bezel, not so well. There needs to be some future design developments to this to make this seamless for those who don't want to fiddle with making it fit. I found the plastic tabs that are supposed to clip onto the dash having the wrong shape. By this I mean they slope downward and hit the smooth area between the areas that are made to hold onto the clips. Now this is on the sides of the Bazel, the bottom fit perfect. I ended up cutting part of the slope off, heating the tabs to bend them outward some so they have lots of contact. After doing this the bezel fit good with no gaps.
The software updates once I figured out what needed to be done worked as they should. There are five of them so it takes a while to do them all because you have to wipe the flash drive of the previous update so the unit won't see them.
There are two areas that need attention pertaining to the software.
1. Tire pressure is in KPH which needs to be changed.
2. If you have the HUD there is a "P" in a box indicating the car is in park which is irrelevant if you have a stick. The update for the transmission should have addressed this.
Other than those things I like the unit. It gives a more modern display to the car.
I have heard that the car display on the unit needs to go but I don't mind it. If that becomes a choice I would like to have some other choice to fill that space like some readouts that you can pick from a list. Probably limited here as there is no connection to the OBD port so may not even be available.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 02:30 PM   #17
bilydean

Drives: One of the rare ABM camaros
Getting ready to install mine. How did you know to do updates? Where do you get the updates? Was it during boot up it said to go online for updates?
3400 6/20 TPW of 6/29
3800 7/3
4D00 7/8 interned at QC
4B00 7/16 Released from QC
4200 7/20

8/5 We picked up the car
bilydean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 11:00 PM   #18
patternpilot

Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilydean View Post
Getting ready to install mine. How did you know to do updates? Where do you get the updates? Was it during boot up it said to go online for updates?
On the digitaloctopusradio.com site they have the updates. There will be no prompt on the gauge to install or look for updates. This is the only place I know of that is supporting this gauge. Go to the technical support page and look for downloads. That will have the updates. download the updates one at a time and place them into a folder and make sure there is no other data on the flash drive. You need to erase each update on the flash drive before you install them so the unit wont see the previous update you already installed. Its fairly primitive so be careful. I didnt have any issues other than knowing when the file was done. There is a blue line that you will see during installation that when it stops take the drive out of the usb and restart the gauge. The other screen is pretty straight forward and as soon as it installs take the drive out of the usb or it will install over and over again.
I'm no expert but my experience may help you. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
Old 07-13-2023, 05:03 PM   #19
bilydean

a great update for the car

Ok. A few things.
1. For a car that is 13 years old, this thing is an awesome addition.
2. It took a bit of time to get here, as mine got hung up in customs, but worth the wait.
3. The deal the OP set up is legit. If you are not getting the discount, ping the OP. He will get it corrected.
4. Just a detail. Someone asked earlier on showing the tire pressure and someone else posted a link on where to get to it. I want to add that once you get there, you can convert to PSI. if you hold the input button and release, it will cycle thru till you get to PSI. See pic (sorry for the reflection)
Attached Images

3400 6/20 TPW of 6/29
3800 7/3
4D00 7/8 interned at QC
4200 7/20

8/5 We picked up the car
Old 07-13-2023, 07:47 PM   #20
patternpilot

Thanks bilydean.
I was able to change to PSI no problem.

Old 07-19-2023, 08:18 PM   #21
patternpilot

After owning this gauge for a short time I have a question for the rest of you who have it.
I have a standard trans and did the trans update. It was supposed to get rid of the automatic gear selector indication but I still see a box with a P in it on the HUD. Does anyone else see this.
In the HUD when I set the cruise control it does not indicate the right set speed. When I am going 55 MPH and set the cruise the set speed on the HUD indicates 88 MPH. Has anyone else seen this.
I have not been able to get Octopus Radio to respond to my inquiries. I was hoping they would be more responsive during the initial launch of this. Is there anyone else that you know of that is supporting this gauge?

Old 07-20-2023, 01:05 PM   #22
bilydean

I have a stick as well. Mine originally showed the number 3. I did the first 2 updates and it went away. Nothing shows now. However, I wasn't sure the updates worked as it never showed any progress bar. I sent an email to the manufacturer and he sent me the following to resolve this.

"In settig

System version, input pass words: 1081

It will hidden the gear display."

Didn't try it as my problem went away, but maybe something you can try

Dean
3400 6/20 TPW of 6/29
3800 7/3
4D00 7/8 interned at QC
4200 7/20

8/5 We picked up the car
Old 07-20-2023, 01:50 PM   #23
patternpilot

I did that update and entered the code. I will redo it and see if that makes a difference. Thanks.

Old 07-22-2023, 10:32 PM   #24
patternpilot

bilydean can you check that code for me. The one shown with the update is 0181. I'm not sure what might happen with the wrong code and one or the other code must be wrong. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilydean View Post
I have a stick as well. Mine originally showed the number 3. I did the first 2 updates and it went away. Nothing shows now. However, I wasn't sure the updates worked as it never showed any progress bar. I sent an email to the manufacturer and he sent me the following to resolve this.

"In settig

System version, input pass words: 1081

It will hidden the gear display."

Didn't try it as my problem went away, but maybe something you can try

Dean

Old 07-22-2023, 10:34 PM   #25
patternpilot

bilydean can you check that code for me. The one shown with the update is 0181. I'm not sure what might happen with the wrong code and one or the other code must be wrong. Thanks.

Old 07-23-2023, 07:01 PM   #26
bilydean

I literally copy pasted from the company rep's email. It is possible he switched a couple of numbers. I didn't have to do this update. After mine was installed, the 3 went away and now nothing shows up. Not sure if it was anything I did OR the version of the software that is on mine has been corrected.
3400 6/20 TPW of 6/29
3800 7/3
4D00 7/8 interned at QC
4200 7/20

8/5 We picked up the car
Old 07-23-2023, 08:46 PM   #27
patternpilot

Ok, Thanks. I'll use your supplied code as the one I used left remnants behind.

Old 07-23-2023, 08:53 PM   #28
patternpilot

Ok, Ill use your code as the one I used left remnants behind. I get no response from Digital Octopus. I even tried his Instagram.