Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 03-21-2018, 03:49 PM   #113
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
bingo Kairles... it was even lower at times and shipped was around 370-380ish...

BRALGAR and Nsxmatt.... i cant stress this enough on any of the forums here... check around through various sites and posts here. i personally went and got mine though Cultrag Performance based out of Reading, PA. instead of paying the additional 20$ or so for shipping, when it came in to them, i drove and picked it up. Patrick has always been helpful with getting me parts, oem specifically. just yesterday i got another box from em, with the v6 1LE front springs, upper insulators, strut mount bottoms, and both rear 1LE V6 rear shocks. still waiting on the front struts for the V6 1LE, brake lines for the 6 piston 1LE brakes, and a few other goodies.

if you don't have a GM parts supplier, that also happens to be a Vendor on Camaro6 forums, don't hesitate to send some of these vendors a message...or better yet, CALL... ask and see if there's any forum discounts or specials running currently.

many people on here miss out on good deals, savings, and sales, cause a company isn't constantly advertising said sales on their websites.

For example: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517327

that's posted in the mid Atlantic forum. not sure if they've posted in other regional forums, but i know RDP is based out of Ohio. they have FANTASTIC deals and discounts. but they clearly state to PM them or call them. there's not just a link i or anyone can supply for the discount, which is easier. but if you looking for sales or deals, gotta put a lil bit of work into it to get the prize.

this goes for all the other vendors...ThatGMPartsGuy, thatcamaropartsguy, cultragperformance, rdp, phastek, etc...

Trust me, I've checked all over for the best deal. I've seen them for as low as $360 plus shipping but many of these "vendors" are middlemen and it's hit or miss on getting the part in a reasonable amount of time. I was just curious since you have actually received your part who you went with since that would be a reliable vendor to deal with.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:07 PM   #114
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
Trust me, I've checked all over for the best deal. I've seen them for as low as $360 plus shipping but many of these "vendors" are middlemen and it's hit or miss on getting the part in a reasonable amount of time. I was just curious since you have actually received your part who you went with since that would be a reliable vendor to deal with.
Reliable most will be. But for example, the intake is a gm part. I ordered 2 rear shocks, 2 front springs, 2 spring isolators, and upper spring mounts for the camber plates i have to install. All of it are gm oem parts as well.. Normally ordering from cultrag...3 days at most. Most times 1-2 days.

This time around it was 2 almost 3 weeks. Gm was slow with shipping, not really cultrags issue And when it arrived they shipped a wrong front spring so i has to wait for the new one to come in. This is all before its shipped to me.

I wouldn't want someone to order and have gm ship them a part slow, and now it takes 2 weeks to get to you and now you have a bad thought on them. When honestly over the last 2 years, ive spent a couple of grand with em, they've always got it in within 1-2 days and proces have been excellent. Always my go to place

Time frames can and will change. But ive always been one to call and find out whats the estimated time, where its comin from, is it in stock, etc... And if i dont hear from you or see a shipping thing within a few days. Im calling. Period. That's the only way you get ETA info, unless its something like jegs/summitracing where its a warehouse and ready to ship.

But as far as getting a forum menber deal/pricing. Doesnt matter who it is.. you gotta pm or call em.

If you found something online for 360..calling in may give you the same thing for 340-350, or sometimes simply free shipping.

Just my advice.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 04:23 PM   #115
clayhtrevino

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 1LENightfall
mano_camaro, Same. :-/ K&N Typhoon gave me no end of CEL's. After all troubleshooting and testing, we found it was def the K&N. I returned it. K&N was wonderful about it and gave me my money back no questions within a week even though I had their CAI over a month.
I now have an AirRAid tube only, TB Spacer and K&N drop in with an "open" setup. NO CEL's going strong after a few months.
clayhtrevino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 12:25 AM   #116
mano_camaro
IYAOYAS

Drives: 22 1LE 2SS M6 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by clayhtrevino View Post
mano_camaro, Same. :-/ K&N Typhoon gave me no end of CEL's. After all troubleshooting and testing, we found it was def the K&N. I returned it. K&N was wonderful about it and gave me my money back no questions within a week even though I had their CAI over a month.
I now have an AirRAid tube only, TB Spacer and K&N drop in with an "open" setup. NO CEL's going strong after a few months.
Thanks for the info. Damn, good to know about being able to return the intake to K&N, my concern is that I been having the intake for 6 months already. Is still in perfect condition since I drive short distances. I guess I can try and call'em up.
mano_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 11:40 AM   #117
FlowmasterMufflers

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mano_camaro View Post
I have the K&N Typhoon intake and i get a CEL every other week or so.

For a 3rd option, i would go with the flowmaster intake.

https://www.phastekperformance.com/2...ake-615103.htm

Although it says not CARB legal, it doesn't seem to require a tune.
After installing our Performance Intake for the 6th Gen, V6 Camaro you will not need a tune on the vehicle. If you'd like additional information on the benefits of our Performance Intake please contact us at 707-544-4761.
FlowmasterMufflers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 08:33 PM   #118
clayhtrevino

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 1LENightfall
Yeah Mano, just tell em it keeps giving you CEL's. And you finally gave up on it. From what I was told, within a year they will give you a full refund of purchase price with copy of receipt. All I had to do was destroy the K&N tube and filter and send them a picture of it. No returns necessary. I had my check within a week. Good luck.
clayhtrevino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 10:18 PM   #119
mano_camaro
IYAOYAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayhtrevino View Post
Yeah Mano, just tell em it keeps giving you CEL's. And you finally gave up on it. From what I was told, within a year they will give you a full refund of purchase price with copy of receipt. All I had to do was destroy the K&N tube and filter and send them a picture of it. No returns necessary. I had my check within a week. Good luck.
Hello clayhtrevino, i just called them (K&N) today and explained the issue. the exact same thing to destroy the intake + filter and pic. I ran outside and did that right away lol. I might do the green filter (cheap option), or GM intake (not cheap). Thanks for your inputs.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:46 AM   #120
Buzzberd6

Drives: 2LT/1LE, HPCRX, F250(tow vehicle)
I found a pretty good deal on the GM performance V6 intake yesterday, at least it was the least expensive I've seen it yet.
$371.25 here: https://www.shopchevyparts.com/perfo...-92299275.html

They also have a 5% discount for new customers. This more than covered the shipping cost. Unfortunately (for me) they were shipping it from Jacksonville, FL so I had to pay tax on it.

The fortunate part about that though, is that I will have it at my door when I get home today! I'll be installing it this evening, re-flash will more than likely happen tomorrow.
Buzzberd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:53 AM   #121
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzberd6 View Post
I found a pretty good deal on the GM performance V6 intake yesterday, at least it was the least expensive I've seen it yet.

They also have a 5% discount for new customers. This more than covered the shipping cost. Unfortunately (for me) they were shipping it from Jacksonville, FL so I had to pay tax on it.

The fortunate part about that though, is that I will have it at my door when I get home today! I'll be installing it this evening, re-flash will more than likely happen tomorrow.
Thanks for the link! $369 shipped is by far the cheapest I've seen. Let me know how shipping goes and if its in good shape.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:27 PM   #122
BRALGAR
Trigger man

Drives: 2016 1lt Camaro LGX
Quote:

It appears to only be for 2017 models... No parts listing under 2016 ��
BRALGAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 02:30 PM   #123
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRALGAR View Post
It appears to only be for 2017 models... No parts listing under 2016 ��
The 84242613 part number is for 2016-18 models though.
Old 04-05-2018, 04:15 PM   #124
mano_camaro
IYAOYAS

Quote:

Awesome, thanks for sharing the info. looking forward to hear the outcome of the GM tune and what do they charge for labor
Old 04-05-2018, 04:28 PM   #125
Buzzberd6

Drives: 2LT/1LE, HPCRX, F250(tow vehicle)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mano_camaro View Post
Awesome, thanks for sharing the info. looking forward to hear the outcome of the GM tune and what do they charge for labor
There won't be a labor charge on mine. I'm installing it myself and the tech doing the re-flash has a couple of children that are quite special to me.... that and he's married to my daughter.

OK, I might have to buy him a beer but he usually helps himself to mine anyway.
Buzzberd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 05:43 PM   #126
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Um the flash is done for free at any GM dealer. It’s part of the purchase price. There is a labor code that comes with the kit and the tech guys paid to do it from Chevrolet. No need to bribe a tech.