#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-11-2016, 03:50 PM   #57
08z51c6

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS - A8, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Al Oppenheiser told one of our GMI mods today...

LT 1LE under $30k.
SS 1LE under $40k.
I don't see how this can be true. My 1SS stickers for $41,725.00 which includes the A8, NPP, MRC, and the bright finish split spoke wheels. If this pricing is true that means I can buy the 1LE for less than the car I have on order and the 1LE comes better equipped.

Current Vehicle:
2001 C5 Corvette

Previous Cars:
2009 C6 Z06
2008 C6 Z51 PKG
08z51c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 05:01 PM   #58
Drm2Reality

Drives: Possibly a 1LE in the near future.
No way the SS 1LE is under $40K! I wish that was accurate though!
Drm2Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 11:01 PM   #59
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
If it's under $40k, I'm 100% buying one. At $45k+, I'm leaning towards the BMW M2 which I have a deposit on.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 12:39 AM   #60
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Posted by Z284ever over on the GM Insider web site.....

I had a chance to speak to Al O. this morning about things Camaro and specifically the 1LE.

Here are the highlights:

1) MRC. MRC allows this 1LE to go around a track faster than without it. It wasn't added to make the car more civilized on the street, but to make it faster around a road course. Chevy realizes that some sanctioning bodies don't allow it - and they have something they're working on for that. But the weekend autocrossers should dominate with this set up.

2) Cost. Chevy is shooting for a V6 1LE for under $30K and a V8 1LE for under $40K. It will cost more than the 5th gen car, which Al admits was an underpriced bargain, but not by that much. If you could afford a 5th gen 1LE, you'll be able to afford the 6th gen.

3) V6 1LE. Al confirmed that it's faster than the previous Camaro SS around a track, NOT the previous 1LE. Also, it is essentially the SS suspension package.

4) The 2.0T is now in production. The 2.0T is an in demand motor and Camaro had to wait it's turn for it in the production pipeline.

5) Will there be a 2.0T 1LE? No plans yet, but very possible. Al wanted me to ask you guys about it and I will later in another thread. If there is a demand for one, GM will most probably make one. I'll probably post a poll on it later and send it off to them.

6) Yes we talked about a 6th gen Z/28, to which Al responded, "What Z/28?" On that topic of a mythical Z/28, he asked me, if I'd rather live with a "skip shift" or a $700 tax. I told him, give me the skip shift and put the 700 bucks back into the car's performance.

7) Hooray, for the 1LE rear spoiler.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 10:15 AM   #61
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I think ultimately, it'll be above both those price targets. Maybe not much, but I agree Al might've been talking out of his ass when he said that.
Al doesn't talk out of his ass.....and nobody is even hinting at price targets. I believe there was inferences made that shouldn't have been while "highlighting" Al Oppenheiser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Posted by Z284ever over on the GM Insider web site.....

I had a chance to speak to Al O. this morning about things Camaro and specifically the 1LE.

Here are the highlights:

1) MRC. MRC allows this 1LE to go around a track faster than without it. It wasn't added to make the car more civilized on the street, but to make it faster around a road course. Chevy realizes that some sanctioning bodies don't allow it - and they have something they're working on for that. But the weekend autocrossers should dominate with this set up.

2) Cost. Chevy is shooting for a V6 1LE for under $30K and a V8 1LE for under $40K. It will cost more than the 5th gen car, which Al admits was an underpriced bargain, but not by that much. If you could afford a 5th gen 1LE, you'll be able to afford the 6th gen.

3) V6 1LE. Al confirmed that it's faster than the previous Camaro SS around a track, NOT the previous 1LE. Also, it is essentially the SS suspension package.

4) The 2.0T is now in production. The 2.0T is an in demand motor and Camaro had to wait it's turn for it in the production pipeline.

5) Will there be a 2.0T 1LE? No plans yet, but very possible. Al wanted me to ask you guys about it and I will later in another thread. If there is a demand for one, GM will most probably make one. I'll probably post a poll on it later and send it off to them.

6) Yes we talked about a 6th gen Z/28, to which Al responded, "What Z/28?" On that topic of a mythical Z/28, he asked me, if I'd rather live with a "skip shift" or a $700 tax. I told him, give me the skip shift and put the 700 bucks back into the car's performance.

7) Hooray, for the 1LE rear spoiler.
I believe he may have been misquoted, or misunderstood on a couple of those items. There's just no way.