Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment

Old 04-17-2018, 09:08 PM   #1
11CamaroSSLS

Drives: 2011 LS3 GPI SS3 cam
WTB catch can

Looking for a catch can setup for an LS3. Currently have moroso, wanting a dual setup
11CamaroSSLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:59 AM   #2
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11CamaroSSLS View Post
Looking for a catch can setup for an LS3. Currently have moroso, wanting a dual setup
During December of 2017 I installed the Elite Engineering E2X catch can (dual ports) with the clean side separator. Before purchasing I researched many different setups and quickly learnt I would receive what I paid for and that not all catch cans are created equally! The E2X is larger and allows for 30% more volume. Install was quite simple, appearance was second to none. One way valves ensure nothing gets back into the engine block. Over other cans I have experienced the Elite E2X is hands down the best I have ever used.

I would be the first to agree the cost is higher than what you can purchase a basic system for off from EBay. However, you have to take into consideration quality along with "customer service".

I had one small problem with mine after initial install, that was a factory pinched O ring where the base attaches to the can assembly. Occasionally I would find a drop of oil on the garage floor. Once I found the source I contacted "Steve" at Elite Engineering. My initial Email was sent to Steve somewhere around 1800 hours on a SUNDAY evening, expecting a reply Monday or Tuesday. I was elated to receive an answer around 2000 hours that very evening. Monday Steve had TWO O rings in the overnight mail. To ensure this problem never exists again he added an extra O ring with each assembly. This change took place without asking, when have you seen that type of service.

Between oil changes I will open the easy drain petcock to drain the system, I am always astound as to what the Elite E2X traps! It's so difficult to believe this trash would have been recycled back into my engine. Along with the clean side separator you won't find a more efficient system.

Larry
Old 04-18-2018, 08:30 PM   #3
11CamaroSSLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
During December of 2017 I installed the Elite Engineering E2X catch can (dual ports) with the clean side separator. Before purchasing I researched many different setups and quickly learnt I would receive what I paid for and that not all catch cans are created equally! The E2X is larger and allows for 30% more volume. Install was quite simple, appearance was second to none. One way valves ensure nothing gets back into the engine block. Over other cans I have experienced the Elite E2X is hands down the best I have ever used.

I would be the first to agree the cost is higher than what you can purchase a basic system for off from EBay. However, you have to take into consideration quality along with "customer service".

I had one small problem with mine after initial install, that was a factory pinched O ring where the base attaches to the can assembly. Occasionally I would find a drop of oil on the garage floor. Once I found the source I contacted "Steve" at Elite Engineering. My initial Email was sent to Steve somewhere around 1800 hours on a SUNDAY evening, expecting a reply Monday or Tuesday. I was elated to receive an answer around 2000 hours that very evening. Monday Steve had TWO O rings in the overnight mail. To ensure this problem never exists again he added an extra O ring with each assembly. This change took place without asking, when have you seen that type of service.

Between oil changes I will open the easy drain petcock to drain the system, I am always astound as to what the Elite E2X traps! It's so difficult to believe this trash would have been recycled back into my engine. Along with the clean side separator you won't find a more efficient system.

Larry
WOW. Thank you!
Old 04-18-2018, 08:30 PM   #4
11CamaroSSLS

Bump. Any used out there?
Old 04-18-2018, 09:56 PM   #5
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11CamaroSSLS View Post
Bump. Any used out there?
Wishing you the very best in trying to find a used one, rare! Problem is these are an investment that will last you a life time. When that fatal day arrives that I trade the girl in you wanna bet I will remove the EX2 system and install her on the nest one! They are that good.