Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 07-11-2018, 12:02 PM   #57
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
LOL!! You're over there too? I bet they don't like you much at all. Oh well, you're better off over here with us anyway.

It's even funnier when they come over here by the boatload to start shit with us! It got bad a few months ago. But they all eventually got booted!!

See, I don't think the 18 GT is a problem. This might sound weird coming from me, but I will give it credit where credit is due. It has a solid engine, it takes to mods (especially boost) very well, and when you get one that is fully optioned out it's a pretty cool car. But the thing is that my experiences with them has shown me that you have to dump money into them. With a SS you can just slap a blower on and be done. With the GT you have to do a bunch of other upgrades for it to handle the power. Kinda like the Camaro itself was built to handle more HP although the engine is severely limited on how much it can make on stock internals and stock cam. Whereas the Mustang has more potential on what it can make thru the engine but the car itself can't handle the extra power. If I ever do get another one (not very likely), it will be to modify the entire car from the ground up.

I never said you owed me a response, I just called you out for trying to act like you don't know. You sit here combing thru every post and picking out everything you disagree with. But you don't know if they're copying and pasting over there, lol!! That's a laugh. I bet you're even on some of the posts where they're doing it. You might even be doing it yourself. Martin could verify this for us, LOL!! But seeing as how you like to troll us over here all the time, you should expect to get trolled right back.
Yup, same here. Deep down, I will always be a Mustang guy at heart (my entire mechanical and racing experience spawns from Ford); however, the position of buying a new Mustang makes zero sense to me: spend money on a brand new car to spend money on aftermarket parts to get the car where it should be.

This is why I backed out of a 2019 PP2, began thinking about getting a 2019 PP1 with an A10, and then finally came back to a SS 1LE. The SS 1LE is already how I want it, right from the factory, and I don't have to spend money and time installing parts. I've already done that (on Mustangs) and would rather not do that unless I am building a real project car.

It'd be nice if Ford did this: 1. the Mustang GT base (PP1), 2. GT TP (Track Package; the PP2 with a differential and transmission cooler), 3. GT350, 4. GT350R (only base creature comforts/reduced weight), 5. GT500 (which is going to be a badass car!!!) and then adopted the TR3160 as the standard manual transmission

I like what Team Camaro is doing: a true performance car, at a GREAT value, that really doesn't need anything or much, right out of the box. If I want to "customize it to my personality," I can buy some different wheels, tires, LED lights or a wing/spoiler. The little stuff. That's how it should be...

Last edited by Mountain; 07-11-2018 at 12:18 PM.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:41 PM   #58
Laststandard

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
I don't understand why Ford forces the tech package on the PP2 (and PP1? not sure) models. Between that and having to option the Recaro's, it adds a few thousand to the price.. which I'd rather spend on tires / brake pads / rotors.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:11 PM   #59
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
Yup, same here. Deep down, I will always be a Mustang guy at heart (my entire mechanical and racing experience spawns from Ford); however, the position of buying a new Mustang makes zero sense to me: spend money on a brand new car to spend money on aftermarket parts to get the car where it should be.

This is why I backed out of a 2019 PP2, began thinking about getting a 2019 PP1 with an A10, and then finally came back to a SS 1LE. The SS 1LE is already how I want it, right from the factory, and I don't have to spend money and time installing parts. I've already done that (on Mustangs) and would rather not do that unless I am building a real project car.

It'd be nice if Ford did this: 1. the Mustang GT base (PP1), 2. GT TP (Track Package; the PP2 with a differential and transmission cooler), 3. GT350, 4. GT350R (only base creature comforts/reduced weight), 5. GT500 (which is going to be a badass car!!!) and then adopted the TR3160 as the standard manual transmission

I like what Team Camaro is doing: a true performance car, at a GREAT value, that really doesn't need anything or much, right out of the box. If I want to "customize it to my personality," I can buy some different wheels, tires, LED lights or a wing/spoiler. The little stuff. That's how it should be...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laststandard View Post
I don't understand why Ford forces the tech package on the PP2 (and PP1? not sure) models. Between that and having to option the Recaro's, it adds a few thousand to the price.. which I'd rather spend on tires / brake pads / rotors.
Yea and that was a big gripe I had with the GT350. You have to option in everything. And then some options can't be combined. So you have to sacrifice. The way I would have liked one, you can't get because if I select one option then the other option is removed and can't be added back on. And it costs way more after all is said and done and that is still without all the options I want.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote