Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 01-03-2017, 02:21 PM   #1
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
SS 1LE owners - What is to you the most disappointing feature(s) of the car?

For me it comes down to two things. Neither of which are that big of a deal.

1- The stereo is terrible. I am big on audio, so having a high end stereo in my other car, and in my house (heck even in my garage kinda lol) makes me expect more I guess. I don't really care as this is not my daily driver, and sometimes I just have the SXM on low as background noise on the highway, or off all together to hear the exhaust, but man, it's awful sounding. It has no depth, no dynamic range, no bass.

2- The plastic throttle pedal. I took at good look at it and it all seems to be plastic, even the mounting base? I also notice if I don't have any tunes on and the windows up and I go WOT I can actually hear the plastic "tink" sound when the pedal hits the floor. I don't know, as long as it's strong enough I am okay with it, but I just thought it was kinda cheap.

Overall I love the car, so if these are my only two gripes, I definitely can't complain.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:25 PM   #2
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
I agree. The stereo is bad.

Easy enough to fix, I guess. I'm going to re-evaluate after my 1st year with the car.

I haven't noticed any noise associated with the throttle. I run in Sport mode, so perhaps the engine noise always drowns it out?

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 02:38 PM   #3
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewAMEL View Post

I haven't noticed any noise associated with the throttle. I run in Sport mode, so perhaps the engine noise always drowns it out?
Next time you're by your car, bend down and take a look at it. It's surprisingly all plastic. I wonder if the Vettes are too? I guess it's strong enough, but still...
Old 01-03-2017, 02:38 PM   #4
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Stereo is what I expected from a base system, it's easy to replace with a nice aftermarket setup. Don't care about the rubber pedals either but there is a metal accessory kit if you need them. The important thing for me is that the gas pedal is bottom-hinged.

My only complaints are the electronic throttle mapping and rear tire noise. Aesthetically it would be nice to have the rear wheels as flush with the fenders as the fronts, along with a badge-less upper grille option, though I can't call those disappointments.

Oh, and I would really like for my spoiler end caps to arrive. It was disappointing that they didn't come in the trunk like they were supposed to.
WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 02:43 PM   #5
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I clearly am not an audio guy because the Stereo sounds pretty good to me.

Biggest aggravations are the lack of auto dimming mirror and not having the homelink buttons to program for my garage door. Outside of that I have no complaints.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:45 PM   #6
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
. Don't care about the rubber pedals either but there is a metal accessory kit if you need them. The important thing for me is that the gas pedal is bottom-hinged.
I wasn't talking about the pedal covers, I was talking about the throttle pedal assembly. Check it out next time you're in your car. I do like the GM accessory pedal covers and may grab them some time, but they won't change that.

Quote:
My only complaints are the electronic throttle mapping and rear tire noise.
The throttle in sport hasn't really bothered me, but I've had many electronic throttle cars before, so maybe I'm used to it. I agree about the tire noise, but fully expected that with the tires on the car.

Quote:
Aesthetically it would be nice to have the rear wheels completely flush with the fenders along with a badge-less upper grille option though I can't call those disappointments.
The front/rear tires are actually nearly identical as for track end to end, the rear fenders just are wider and cover more tire than the more narrow front fenders, but I hear you. You could maybe try getting a flow tie and blacking that out and putting that on for a similar effect?

Quote:
Oh, and I would really like for my spoiler end caps to arrive. It was disappointing that they didn't come in the trunk like they were supposed to.
For real?!
Old 01-03-2017, 02:48 PM   #7
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
I clearly am not an audio guy because the Stereo sounds pretty good to me.

Biggest aggravations are the lack of auto dimming mirror and not having the homelink buttons to program for my garage door. Outside of that I have no complaints.
I took my garage door opener and removed the visor clip, then added some Velcro and attached it under the center console lid. I just flip it open, hit the button, and close it when needed. So the opener is hidden.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:50 PM   #8
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
^My original idea was to paint a flowtie, but after removing the badge I found this.. maybe I should dremel out the center.

Reg. endcaps, yes I didn't get them, and since GM is not making spares nobody has any idea when they will come in.
Attached Images

WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 02:56 PM   #9
formoutofchaos

Drives: Camaro 2017 1LE
I am an audio guy and found the stereo not bad are you using apple car play ? Rap hit hard and Metallica sounded decent , I will upgrade down the line found it about 80 percent of the c7 Bose
formoutofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 03:01 PM   #10
Chub2000

Drives: 2018 camaro zl1 , 2007 porsche GT3,
Why does it have a back seat ??
Chub2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 03:07 PM   #11
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chub2000 View Post
Why does it have a back seat ??
For small children.
Old 01-03-2017, 03:23 PM   #12
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
Whats all this talk of stereo, I just want to listen to the engine.
DFW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 03:42 PM   #13
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
For me it comes down to two things. Neither of which are that big of a deal.

1- The stereo is terrible. I am big on audio, so having a high end stereo in my other car, and in my house (heck even in my garage kinda lol) makes me expect more I guess. I don't really care as this is not my daily driver, and sometimes I just have the SXM on low as background noise on the highway, or off all together to hear the exhaust, but man, it's awful sounding. It has no depth, no dynamic range, no bass.

2- The plastic throttle pedal. I took at good look at it and it all seems to be plastic, even the mounting base? I also notice if I don't have any tunes on and the windows up and I go WOT I can actually hear the plastic "tink" sound when the pedal hits the floor. I don't know, as long as it's strong enough I am okay with it, but I just thought it was kinda cheap.

Overall I love the car, so if these are my only two gripes, I definitely can't complain.
I think you previously mentioned you owned a 4th gen f-body. How does the '17 1SS stereo compare to that (Camaro "Monsoon" version)?
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:01 PM   #14
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by formoutofchaos View Post
I am an audio guy and found the stereo not bad are you using apple car play ? Rap hit hard and Metallica sounded decent , I will upgrade down the line found it about 80 percent of the c7 Bose
Not yet, just SXM (always sounds like ass, that's sat radio for ya), but I did try some music on a flash drive and wasn't happy at all...but like I said, no biggie.